Torment: Tides of Numenera - Tumblr Updates #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it's time for round numer two of Tumblr updates from inXile entertainment. Lets get started. Up first we have a photo of all the writers. Just look at all that talent in one room.

tumblr_mq5to5t6xK1s762nho1_1280.jpg

The Torment team were gathered earlier this week to discuss Colin’s story outline and brainstorm, which was “hugely productive, enormously creative" per Colin.

From left to right: Steve Dobos, George Ziets, Monte Cook, Kevin Saunders, Shanna Germain, Tony Evans, Matthew Findley, Colin McComb, Patrick Rothfuss, with Nathan Long in the front, with Chris Avellone present but not on the photo.
Next we have the Map of the Ninth World were Torment: Tides of Numenera takes place.

tumblr_mq7ie0hG0j1s762nho1_1280.jpg

Ninth World Map, via Ninth World Hub. Torment: Tides of Numenera’s locations lie beyond the eastern edges of this map.
And finally George Ziets gives his opinion on the writers meet.

Just sitting in a single room with the concentrated mental power of Colin McComb, Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, Pat Rothfuss, Chris Avellone, Nathan Long, Tony Evans, Kevin Saunders, and the InXile guys was pretty amazing. Honestly, I wish I could have that group spend a few days brainstorming ideas and ferreting out the weak points for every game I develop.

I think an observation that Colin made was very telling. Nobody in the room was trying to prove themselves or compete with anyone else. It was very much a “yes, and…” discussion, with each of us building upon and getting excited about the others’ ideas. That may have been because we’re all over 30 years old and relative veterans in writing or design. But whatever the reason, it was one of the most fun and productive design discussions I’ve experienced.
More information.

That looks incredibly nice…

Remind me, this won't be an open-world kind of game, right? But rather follow the BG concept of several disconnected, smaller maps?
Such a pity if so. I'd love to go exploring in that world.

I can tell that this is going to be a great RPG just by looking at the gentleman on the right. His beard tells us everything we need to know, and then some. I'm impressed.

That's actually Pat Rothfuss, the author of The Kingkiller Chronicle. You can tell he's a high level geek. Or wizard. I prefer wizard.

That's actually Pat Rothfuss, the author of The Kingkiller Chronicle. You can tell he's a high level geek. Or wizard. I prefer wizard.

I think you're right. After all, a magic user doesn't reach wizardhood until he reaches beardhood, and a wizard's greatest weapon is not learned, but grown.

That looks incredibly nice…

Remind me, this won't be an open-world kind of game, right? But rather follow the BG concept of several disconnected, smaller maps?
Such a pity if so. I'd love to go exploring in that world.
They haven't said, but yes you can probably expect individual maps for that hand-crafted feel.

In case BN checks this thread, why are you guys using Tumblr of all things? I'm all for not shoehorning news delivery in blogs or forums but that's the social network an RPG fan is least likely to be a member of.

Back
Top Bottom