Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roudnup

Why can´t I have a relationship with a green skinned midget or a 7 feet tall Papier-mâché doll?.
David Gaider, stop trying to cater to everyone’s whims and write more and better stories, quest and dialogues.

I don't mind the option for romance in rpgs, I mind not being able to control how I roleplay my character. As long as these romance options are flagged as romance options in the conversation tree its not a problem. I still remember with DAO the whole Zevran guy who I thought my character was being buddy buddy with suddenly progressing to a make-out cutscene. Still not sure how that happened lol.

I guess it is a lot of work to include them and do them justice given voice budget etc. Won't play anyway as it is an EA game.

Yeah, I'm learning to pretty much ignore romance options in CRPGs. They're shallow and distracting.

I don't mind the option for romance in rpgs, I mind not being able to control how I roleplay my character. As long as these romance options are flagged as romance options in the conversation tree its not a problem. I still remember with DAO the whole Zevran guy who I thought my character was being buddy buddy with suddenly progressing to a make-out cutscene. Still not sure how that happened lol.

Simple - you have made a wrong dialogue choice somewhere. I have played DA:O couple of times and DA2 once and I have never ended up in a romance with somebody I didn't wanted to be in a romance with.

The in-game effects of npc relationships have never been affected by romance. You could get the maximum approval rating with a character (which brought a stat bonus for you in DAO, and unlocked skills for them in DA2) whether or not you romanced them - - it's never made any difference.

Oh...didn't realise. Well, no point to it at all then. Just tedious negotiation of dialogue trees to optimize them 'liking' me so I can get my/their bonuses.

Do you like party based RPGs booboo or do you prefer a solitary experience? Because if it's the latter than indeed there is no point to it at all.

Simple - you have made a wrong dialogue choice somewhere. I have played DA:O couple of times and DA2 once and I have never ended up in a romance with somebody I didn't wanted to be in a romance with.

Zevran's dialog is (imho) just buddy friendly all the way up to a sudden ... proposition. Then you can't back out of the conversation without taking a big -10 hit to approval (difficult to rebuild through subsequent conversation alone after that point). With Leliana and Morrigan there was a bit of flirty talk that signaled the direction they were going.

Zevran's dialog is (imho) just buddy friendly all the way up to a sudden … proposition.

Admittedly I have played DA:O a while ago but that's not how I remember it Gaxkang. I seem to recall that Zevran's dialogue indeed started as friendly but, soon enough, he started dropping no so subtle hints about his desires towards the PC. So (again IIRC) there were opportunities to let him down gently without taking the big approval hit.

Do you like party based RPGs booboo or do you prefer a solitary experience? Because if it's the latter than indeed there is no point to it at all.

I don't like the 'mini-game' that DA:O introduced where I have to inquire about party members lives etc (endlessly…"X wants to talk to you…" What? again?) I am not playing a social simulation. I *love* party-based RPG's like BG, and don't mind some in-party banter and commentary. For instance, Minsc's one liners were amusing, and occasional groaning about alignment shifts etc makes perfect sense. Likewise, plot-relevant exposes by NPC's are very welcome and help to move the story on and justify why they may be traveling with you. But, please keep it brief.

Bottom line: I do not appreciate losing out when I don't engage in the mini-game…in DA:O if I interacted with the party in a minimal way, I would end up weaker (I'd lose out on the various bonuses, party members are less effective etc).

i used to be indifferent to romances in games, i quite like them now.

I totally "use" some characters, it's like real life drama. In DAO my female elf was a dirty little elven slut for Zevran because of what he could do for her. Then, she dropped him like a hot potato for Leilana, whom she actually felt for.

She did get in trouble for flirting with Morrigan, but that never went anywhere.

I quite enjoyed it :)

Haha. Unfortunately I always want to do the good thing, even in games :(

I dont see it as necessarily bad - just opportunism with a little hedonism thrown in for flavor.

I always played RPGs my whole life as the absolutely virtuous soul, shining light out my ass at every opportunity possible. Then i played KOTOR as Dark-side evil as I possibly could, and was shocked at how totally satisfying it was. Since then, I dont necessarily play "evil" in my rpgs as a rule, but I certainly dont take any shit from anyone, my interests come above all else, and nobody better get in the way. If I have a chance to be a pervert, deviant, or pick the "snarky" responses from time to time, i just may. It's just so much more satisfying to pick that one "fuck you" response, and see what the game throws at you.

Yep, life on the wild side :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom