DIRECT X : 12

EXTREME
OS* : WINDOWS 10
CPU : INTEL CORE I9-9900K or equivalent
RAM : 16GB
GPU : GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
VRAM : 11 GB
DIRECT X : 12

I'm not surprised. The first two Metro games had very high system requirements when they were released, and I didn't expect Exodus to be any different.

4A Games have always placed a premium on visuals . Metro 2033 is 8 years old and still looks great on high settings.

I believe the high and extreme configurations are targeting higher resolutions.

Personally, I very deliberately didn't go for a 4K monitor when I bought my last one - because I value performance above pixel-count.

So, I expect to be able to run this reasonably well :)

9900k, wonder if that means they’ll take advantage of more than 8 cores if you have them or if its just for the high core clock. No mention of ray tracing requirement but I’m guessing its the extreme requirements.

I enjoyed the first 2 for a bit but didn’t finish either. I’m not much of an FPS fan though. So ill probably pick this up when its cheap and not finish it as well.

Crysis and COD allied assault are the only 2 FPS games I’ve finished.

On the other hand, most other reviews are somewhat less enthusiastic.

Sounds like a 7-8/10 kinda game overall - which translates to about 5 or 6 on my scale.

Overall, I guess it's more or less what I expected. Yet another Metro - with some sandbox elements that may or may not make a big difference.

Still, I'll be checking it out eventually. Just need to force my way through the first two games - if I can.

I've started playing, and I have to say that those reported system requirements seem somewhat exaggerated. Perhaps they went high just to be on the safe side?

i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, SSD.

I'm playing on Ultra with everything on except Hairworks, and it's completely smooth. I haven't tried the Extreme setting, but I heard there isn't a big difference visually between that and Ultra.

The game looks and runs fantastic. That said, I'm only a little more than an hour in right now.

Well if this is a 5 or 6 on your scaled based off of peer reviews being 7-8; then you must think athem is a 2 given the reviews it has.... or does this scale only apply if you haven't played the game ?

On the other hand, most other reviews are somewhat less enthusiastic.

Sounds like a 7-8/10 kinda game overall - which translates to about 5 or 6 on my scale.

Overall, I guess it's more or less what I expected. Yet another Metro - with some sandbox elements that may or may not make a big difference.

Still, I'll be checking it out eventually. Just need to force my way through the first two games - if I can.

Well if this is a 5 or 6 on your scaled based off of peer reviews being 7-8; then you must think athem is a 2 given the reviews it has…. or does this scale only apply if you haven't played the game ?

It's not an exact science, sadly.

Mainstream shooters tend to be rated much higher than I would rate them - because they don't appeal to me much. This is true for the recent Doom, too.

Looter shooters appeal to me more than most people, so I would probably have to add a point or two in most cases.

Certainly true for games like Division and Anthem.

To me, the tendency for reviewers is to reward the mainstream and by-the-numbers way of making games - where I, personally, tend to appreciate more bold designs or unusual ways to do things. I also tend to favor gameplay over the surface/spectacle of most games.

So, that's why I think KCD, Anthem, Division and Fallout 76 are better than most reviewers seem to think.

Obviously, this is just a tendency - and I haven't played Metro Exodus.

It looks like a fine game for fans of shooters. To me, it looks like a game I would rate 5 or 6 on my subjective scale - because that's the kind of entertainment value I'm likely to derive from it.

If the stealth/RPG elements are more interesting than it sounds, then maybe a 7 - but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom