Pine - August 2019 release

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
https://www.onlysp.com/pine-august-2019/
A little over two years after launching a successful Kickstarter campaign, Twirlbound has revealed the release window for its pastoral adventure game Pine.

The August 2019 release window comes alongside a prerendered trailer that focuses on the burgeoning conflict between two groups of anthropomorphic animals.

From KS page (no I didn't back it, didn't know it existed):
No multiplayer - Pine is a single player experience.
Pine will not be coming to any mobile devices or handhelds, but instead to PC and hopefully consoles.

In the world of Pine, every action, even inaction, has an effect. The way in which you explore the island of Albamare, come into contact and interact with its many inhabitants, defines how the world will change, evolve and adapt.

In the world of Pine, Humans never reached the top of the food chain. In this alternate ‘evolutionary timeline’, other species had the chance to develop language, culture and become smarter than ever.

You play as Hue, a smart but shy young adult growing up in an isolated tribe of Humans, deep in the beautiful pine woods of Albamare. Traditionally, the tribe never ventures into the Out, afraid of losing the small oasis of safety they made for themselves.

But when the Human territory suddenly becomes endangered, Hue is forced into the Out and thrust on a quest to find a way to make the Humans survive and thrive.

You discover more and more about island as you progress, uncovering mysteries about the Humans, the history of Albamare and the creatures that live on it.

While there is a clear goal to the game, we let you decide in what order you want to reach it. The story is linear, but the actors and sets will change based on what you do.

The island features numerous Vaults - mysterious places that hold important tools called Outfindings, which help you traverse the island and interact with its species in new and different ways. However, the Vaults don't give up on their treasures easily and put Hue to the test in spatial and social obstacles. But their rewards are worth the effort, as they grant new abilities and teach Hue about civilizations that once were!

Your actions will shift the power of balance between Albamare's inhabitants - choose your friends and enemies wisely!

This game is not RPG, and it's developer clearly says it's action adventure.
When it gets released, I'm buying of course.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

ezgif-com-optimize.gif

Last edited:
Never heard of this game thanks for sharing Joxer.

I was just trying to prove two things:
PC gaming is dead.
Singleplayer is deader. ;)

Boo you and your hidden meanings.:p

I still like the game though.

Looks quite interesting and I love the graphic style. Plus, it has humanoid foxes, I love foxes.

I remember the kick starter campaign, but I didn't contribute to this one. I'll see what others think about it after it's available, it might be something I'm interested in if there is robust exploration and decent combat options.

So it can't send emails anymore?? ;(

Looks quite interesting and I love the graphic style. Plus, it has humanoid foxes, I love foxes.

I mean, who doesn't love foxes?

But I do agree, love the graphics style. I'll have to keep this game in mind as it does look interesting.

Did they decide to cut the gliding mechanic demonstrated in one of the gifs you posted originally?

Would be a shame. I like to fly, glide, jetpack-jump, or ride flying creatures in games.

Sadly I can't answer that (yet).
I do know you get a horse and there are some fasttravel mechanics ("expensive" crafting).

Good news is that there is a patch that does address a few critical bugs and other stuff, but there are still some nasty ones left to address:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1042780/discussions/0/3166519278501452156/
I'll probably buy the game when the next patch appears.

I guess I missed earlier postings about this. I'm moderately interested, so will look forward to @joxer; posting about it later.

So I bought Pine and it turned out to be nice small game, one of those I could enjoy.
But there was only 1 thing which kept me from playing longer and that was somehow broken save system - you didn't load on the same spot, but on some internaly defined save spot, so I was trying to quit the game in the right moment and usually that does mean I will not play longer, because I would be afraid I will quit in the wrong moment.
It wasn't 100% perfect, technically, but good enough and I loved graphic design of the world. And I don't remember any flying, just puzzles and gathering.

Back
Top Bottom