Deus Ex: Human Revolution - System Reqs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Modest system requirements for Deus Ex: Human Revolution have been released at PC Gamer:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:
PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
RAM: 2 GB
GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
More information.

That doesn't seem very demanding, or am I missing something?

The recommended are pretty high... quad processor isn't that bad but wanting the latest video cards is. Maybe it will actually be quite enhanced over the console version though, you never know.

Ah, OK. I'm so behind on the latest GPU technology. 2 GB RAM, and Quad Processor didn't seem so bad, though. Probably spoiled. :p

The recommended are pretty high… quad processor isn't that bad but wanting the latest video cards is. Maybe it will actually be quite enhanced over the console version though, you never know.

An AMD Radeon HD 5850 isn't the "latest video card", they were released end of 2009. They are part of the first DX11 cards to be available, though. The minimun are DX9. The game will support tessellation (DX11)...

I guess I just bought the right new video card too, looks like DX:HR is optimized for ATI cards...

An AMD Radeon HD 5850 isn't the "latest video card", they were released end of 2009. They are part of the first DX11 cards to be available, though. The minimun are DX9. The game will support tessellation (DX11)…

I guess I just bought the right new video card too, looks like DX:HR is optimized for ATI cards…

I thought the 5000 series were still the latest, but you're right they did sneak out the 6000 series. Still it's pretty top of the line, especially since the 5850 is high-end for that series.

Still about 4 months to release. Thought it was supposed to be released sooner. I'll care more about the specs closer to release date but I suspect I already meet the recommended specs with a Nvidia GTS 250 though hard for me to say really since that was the cheapest card in the store when I got it.

When do the Admins update the dates in the Games database? deusex.com has the following dates: North America: 08/23/2011 Europe: 26/08/2011

Still about 4 months to release. Thought it was supposed to be released sooner. I'll care more about the specs closer to release date but I suspect I already meet the recommended specs with a Nvidia GTS 250 though hard for me to say really since that was the cheapest card in the store when I got it.

The equivalent of a 5850 on nVidia would roughly be the GTX 480, which is a lot higher than a 250.

The equivalent of a 5850 on nVidia would roughly be the GTX 480, which is a lot higher than a 250.

I think you're confusing the 5850 with the 5870. The former is almost on par with a GTX 470, while the latter is a bit slower than the 480.

Anyways, I agree those recommended specs are pretty beefy.

I think you're confusing the 5850 with the 5870. The former is almost on par with a GTX 470, while the latter is a bit slower than the 480.

Anyways, I agree those recommended specs are pretty beefy.

Yeah you're right, more the 470 as a comparison. Still that is pretty high-end. I just read it has tessellation in DX11 though, which is probably why they used such a high card for recommended. Tessellation is a freaking GPU eater.

Minimum requirements are reasonable - but from looking at the released videos, the graphics quality is not as good as e.g. the Witcher 2. As far as I heard this is a console port and for these you normally need higher system requirements.

I remember reading an arcticle by an Intel employee taking about a software that they developed to show the memory, cpu and gpu usage of games developed for pc and how GSC game world used it to optimise their code for best performance of Call of Pripyat (e.g. which processes use the gpu and at what instances of time and which should use the cpu, how to distribute resources over multi-core systems .. etc). I wonder if any of these console ports do anything like this (I doubt it and hence you don't see many providing Benchmarking tools before the game release).

I remember reading an arcticle by an Intel employee taking about a software that they developed to show the memory, cpu and gpu usage of games developed for pc and how GSC game world used it to optimise their code for best performance of Call of Pripyat (e.g. which processes use the gpu and at what instances of time and which should use the cpu, how to distribute resources over multi-core systems .. etc). I wonder if any of these console ports do anything like this (I doubt it and hence you don't see many providing Benchmarking tools before the game release).
Most games nowadays, support multi-core (even the console ports). Might not have the best optimization, but they use the power given by multi-core. I don't know if PS3 uses a multi-core cpu, but Xbox 360 uses. With those ports, the problems are more related with the fact that the developers create the games with the idea that they will played in the consoles, and so they don't respect in first place the power of the PCs and secondly the unique features that makes PC gaming differently from console.

Von Paulus you are right. Moreover, these console ports are 'closed' which means that developments kits are not available to modders to extend the game/add maps and increase its life time. Maybe that is the whole point of console ports - reducing the life time of games so that we are 'forced', 'hyped' or whatever to buy the next upcoming game few months later. I think that his has the consequence of reducing the quality of games as new ideas become difficult to come by and old ideas are just re-cycled with better graphics.

Moreover, these console ports are 'closed' which means that developments kits are not available to modders to extend the game/add maps and increase its life time.
They are close to mods, but quite open to DLCs. :rolleyes:

As someone who upgrades pretty regularly I must be out of touch with what the average person has for a gaming pc as the 5850 doesn't seem very beefy. What do most of you have then?

Hope this doesn't sound snobbish that's not my intention just surprised that on a forum that seems to focus on pc gaming that a 5850 would seem high end.

As someone who upgrades pretty regularly I must be out of touch with what the average person has for a gaming pc as the 5850 doesn't seem very beefy. What do most of you have then?

Hope this doesn't sound snobbish that's not my intention just surprised that on a forum that seems to focus on pc gaming that a 5850 would seem high end.

I take no offense it all comes down to what you can afford. I used to buy all the high end gear but lately due to having less to spend I buy what I can.

sakichop: as you might have understood from the posts that nobody was complaining about the system requirements and they are reasonable. The comments were made about optimisation and making best of PC hardware and limitations of console ports.

I would also like to make the comment that one does not need to buy a good graphics card to enjoy a good game - a good, optimised PC game should run very well on (say) a 3 year old hardware, and at the same time has the ability to cater for the eye candy featuring in newer graphics cards. I think it is difficult to achieve this with console ports which are more power hungry (with some few exceptions). I think that his has been the view in the industry for the last few years with system requirements for games not too demanding (compared to the times of Crysis games), which ironically, is the result of the limitations of consoles and console ports (oops just made a statement in favour of console ports!).

I don't consider a 5850 high-end. It look like the higher tier of mid-range card that released in the $200-300 range. The problem is that games are now made with console in mind, which mean that people ignored what happened to the video cards market...

My Nvidia 285 GTX (the second best card on the market when I bought it at $450) is 10-20% slower then the 5850 (a $260 card upon release). My recent purchase, the ND6790 give in benchmark twice as many FPS than the 285. I can play all my games on max with the 285 (last one being DA2).

I take no offense it all comes down to what you can afford. I used to buy all the high end gear but lately due to having less to spend I buy what I can.
+1
I've a 4890 which is a little inferior to a 5850. Probably I'll exchange by a 7xxx series, or at the time maybe I choose a Nvidea instead. Still a 4890 is far superior to any console graphic chip. PC gaming hardware was always a question of balancing all the components.

Back
Top Bottom