Witcher 3 - Revenues

Then I dont understand why you dont like the dialogue and story in Witcher 3. The "Bloody Baron" story is simply the best game story I have witnessed to date.

I'm not sure if you're confusing me with someone else?

I think the story and dialogue in Witcher 3 is absolutely fantastic. Bloody Baron is one of the best quests of all time.

I'm not sure if you're confusing me with someone else?

I think the story and dialogue in Witcher 3 is absolutely fantastic. Bloody Baron is one of the best quests of all time.

I must have REALLY misunderstood what you wrote then. Carry on.

Last post from me on this subject, as I understand and sympathize with those who objected - the danger in that (not objecting when a thread becomes a two person argument) is eventually these two person arguments can start to hijack many threads, and it can be considered rude to other people who might be interested in the thread, and what other people might have had to say, because they end up not posting because the thread has been hijacked with two people arguing endlessly back and forth.

I'm going to try and put this as politely as I can - Ok, if it happens occasionally, then that is fine I guess. Just don't let it become a habit, and be aware that other people who enjoy reading and posting in this forum may not like that scenario. That's all. ;)
End of lecture...

There's a reason I stopped it :)

In this case, it was barely two pages before I ended it.

I think there's a difference between defending a game because you think it's great, and taking it personally when people don't agree with you.

In this thread, it's clear that some people have a personal investment in these exchanges that doesn't quite belong there.

I'm not taking responsibility for that, sorry.

My previous post was not directed only to you, except for the first sentence. Definitely not blaming you for this thread or the whole "arguement" thing. Btw, I think "everyone" gets personal with things they feel passionate about, whether it be game or anything else, at times (yes, that includes you too, DArt)

My previous post was not directed only to you, except for the first sentence. Definitely not blaming you for this thread or the whole "arguement" thing. Btw, I think "everyone" gets personal with things they feel passionate about, whether it be game or anything else, at times (yes, that includes you too, DArt)

In that case, we're talking about degrees.

If what you're saying is that we all react in the exact same way when our favorite games are openly "dissed" - then I completely disagree.

Sure, we're all gamers here - and we all care about great games.

That doesn't mean we're all incapable of accepting opposing opinions without - somehow - making it a problem, or the fault of the person holding such an opinion.

I think this thread is a very obvious example of how we're all different - and how certain people can't listen to a contrary opinion without ridiculing it. Others seem much more understanding.

Essentially, no, we're not all the same in this way.

I'm human - and I can certainly go too far sometimes. But I have to say I'm generally pretty good at objectivity and NOT taking things like this personally.

I could name a few people who consistently UTTERLY fail to accept opposing opinions - but that would gain us nothing.

Beyond that, there's a natural tendency to focus on the person - and not the statement. Such things are harder to avoid because this place has more than 10 years of history.

Now, I'm holding no illusions about winning a popularity contest - nor any such desire. But I'm pretty sure there's history involved when certain people can't help themselves in terms of challenging me every chance they get.

Could I be wrong? Sure - but I doubt it.

The proto-d'Art was fine.

What happened to neo-d'Art?

Too much Androgaya combined with lead in cereals?

Aramis.

Ouch, that will hurt. :D

Don't forget the practical value.
Just imagine certain site's trolling amateurs facing those walls of text:
About turn, double march!

Back
Top Bottom