Pricewatch!

Still available must be a regional thing…. which sort of makes sense given that different regions have different rules around something as simple as gaming.

Yeah, I think you're right.

Might be the thing to get if you've been on the fence about those newish titles that went under the radar, or if you are new to this site and haven't picked up Drakensang and don't mind fluent English spoken by Germans.

I loved me some Etherlords - underrated IMO.

But seeing those Wizardry titles - I'd kill to see Wizardry 5 and 6 remastered. Wiz 7 is long in the tooth now too.

Which games in the bundle are worth playing ?

Guess you are refering to: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-anthology-fantasy-bundle?

Only ones I knof of them are:
Rune (2000): Ok-ish 3D Action Game. Review by LGR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZXjKaioNl8

Drakensang (2008): I guess it's also ok-ish. Personally lost my interest pretty fast. It starts by very badly designed quests and lots of running around…with slow running speeds…might become better afterwards but is no match to it's successor "River of Time"

Wizardry 6 (1990): Still EGA, no mouse control. Played it in 2004 and had some fun but it's well…really old and you might want to use a walktrhough these days.

Wizardry 7 (1992): Cool oldschool crawler.

Knights and Merchants (1998): A bit like a mix of settlers and Warcraft 1/2. Was quite fun back then and if you'd like something similar as these old games now, this game would also still be a good choice.

Inquisitor (2012): Can't tell much about it, just that in 2012 it already looked old in a bad way and that it had lots of text. Only played for 15 minutes or so. Might be a good game which I didnt give a chance.

Last edited:
Which games in the bundle are worth playing ?
Why should I explain judge for yourself.

Anyhow here we go again.:)

Blood Knights - Average ARPG bordering on Bad but very short.
Lichdom: Battlemage - Funded Kickstarter game also barley average.
Demonicon - Usual Low-Budget European RPG but enjoyable.
GemCraft - Chasing Shadows - Tower defense game so pass.
Rune Classic - Classic third-person hack-and-slash melee action game.
Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition - European RPG that was enjoyable/No Tenebrae Ex.
Sudeki - Older JRPG from the Xbox days.
Blades of Time Limited Edition - Skip not worth it.
Drakensang - European RPG that many like and still play
Heroes of Annihilated Empires - Good RTS game.
Wizardry 6 & 7 - No need to explain these two games.
Etherlords I & II - Older turn-based strategy and fantasy trading card games.
Knights and Merchants - Old simulation and Real-time strategy game.
Inquisitor - Decent ARPG but has a lot of dialogue and backtracking.
Numen: Contest of Heroes - Another Greek ARPG/Hack & Slash.

Red - Not Worth Playing
Blue - Worth Playing

So They are all B Grade strategy or RPGs that many hate or like on this forum.

Last edited:
+1 for Heroes of Annihilated Empires.. i guess it was the "They are billions" of its time. ;) Lots and lots of units on screen.. interesting gameplay too.

+1 for Heroes of Annihilated Empires.. i guess it was the "They are billions" of its time. ;) Lots and lots of units on screen.. interesting gameplay too.
It's sad that more episodes where planned but never got made.:(

They are billions is a close match and should be nearing full release also.

Last edited:
It's sad that more episodes where panned but never got made.:(

They are billions is a close match and should be nearing full release also.

Yes, really. But the company still seems to be around: they released Cossacks3 two years ago. So maybe there is hope for episode 2. :)

Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition - European RPG that was enjoyable/No expansion

There are actually several expansions. Pirates of the Flying Fortress is the first, and that's included in the Velvet Edition. The other expansion is Call of the Tenebrae. There are also a couple of multiplayer expansions.

Talking about Hacknet?

We were talking about <observer_

There are actually several expansions. Pirates of the Flying Fortress is the first, and that's included in the Velvet Edition. The other expansion is Call of the Tenebrae. There are also a couple of multiplayer expansions.
Yes that's what I meant to say but thanks for the correction.;)
Yes, really. But the company still seems to be around: they released Cossacks3 two years ago. So maybe there is hope for episode 2. :)
Cossacks 3 has a lot of mixed reviews though.

Yep gone now but it was still there earlier when I checked and posted earlier today. Can't see how they can 'run out of virtual copies' but who knows - the mystery is mysterious and alas we will never know.

It shows as unavailable over here now as well. Either they sold out of copies or it was indeed a mistake and they took it down. I'm glad I grabbed a copy right away. :)

Yep gone now but it was still there earlier when I checked and posted earlier today. Can't see how they can 'run out of virtual copies' but who knows - the mystery is mysterious and alas we will never know.

They are reselling keys, they are not the ones generating them. Hence they ran out of keys designated for that sale.

Back
Top Bottom