Divinity: Original Sin II - Free Content Updates

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Free content updates will be made available for Divinity Original Sin II, starting with some new assest to make your character look different.

Players of Divinity: Original Sin 2 to enjoy free content updates over the coming year

A year of 'Gift Bags' with various contents to be automatically patched into the game. Today, character creation content is patched in free on every platform.

Larian Studios is excited to announce a series of varied content updates to be patched into the game on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One over the course of the coming year. This content is being created in conjunction with talented European developers, Fools Theory and Anshar Studios.

Not to be mistaken for Loot Boxes (which are hard, ostensibly containing loot), Gift Bags are soft, and contain gifts. Each Gift Bag costs exactly no amount of money to players, and will be patched in periodically to each platform.

Gift Bag #1 releases today, and contains plenty of new faces, hairstyles and facial features for Character Creation, so that your next re-roll in Rivellon will feel fresh and exciting. Gift Bag #2 will contain a selection of features and content inspired by our modding community. The contents of the other Gift Bags will remain under wraps for now.

We can't wait to see the new Divinity-you, so please send Larian screenshots and continue flooding us with stories of your adventures in Rivellon.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 enjoyed many months of community support and enthusiasm prior to its September 14 2017 launch into critical acclaim. After generating $2m on Kickstarter and working through player feedback on Steam's Early Access program, Divinity: Original Sin 2 finally made its way to consoles along with a gigantic update under the Definitive Edition in August of last year.
More information.

Someone from Codex thinks this hints Larian working on BG3 - I hope not.

I gave up on D:OS2, it just wasn't that fun for me... I still don't like the writing that much (although its an improvement from D:OS1), don't like the silly animations and for some reason the combat wasn't as fun as the first one.

In saying that, its great Larian is still releasing more content - I do like the look of new cosmetics/appearance options, reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins.

Someone from Codex thinks this hints Larian working on BG3 - I hope not.

I gave up on D:OS2, it just wasn't that fun for me… I still don't like the writing that much (although its an improvement from D:OS1), don't like the silly animations and for some reason the combat wasn't as fun as the first one.

In saying that, its great Larian is still releasing more content - I do like the look of new cosmetics/appearance options, reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins.
Well we know someone is as Inexile confirmed they knew on Twitter but couldn't share details. We also know that Larian is secretly working on a new large ambitious RPG.

I kinda hope they aren't working on BG3, either, but only because I would rather them be working on the Divinity world more. We need a Divinity 3!

I kinda hope they aren't working on BG3, either, but only because I would rather them be working on the Divinity world more. We need a Divinity 3!
Larain has multiple studios & games in development.

Divinity 3 is probably one of those games in development. Still I don't think it's a healthy strategy to milk a franchise dry. Eventually you run out of idea's and grow stagnant.

Larain has multiple studios & games in development. Divinity 3 is probably one fo them.
It was not too long after D:OS1 came out that Swen said they now had two teams and were working on two games. At this point we're nearing 5 years since then, a little odd that we still haven't heard anything about the game that the "other team" is working on. Makes one wonder if it's some high profile / licensed thing that they aren't allowed to talk about.

Makes one wonder if it's some high profile / licensed thing that they aren't allowed to talk about.
Half Life 3 confirmed!! {grinning, ducking, running}

I'm not sure they are milking it per sey the divinity story started in early 2000 with DD. The only thing is the current formulae used for d:eek:s 1,2. I think if they mix it up and go back to DKS formulae for the next or next next iteration it will feel very different.
-
The problem they are facing is the massive success ($$) (for them) for d:eek:s 1 2 will make it difficult for them to change the formulae. Remember they were in really bad position when dos 1 came out.

Larain has multiple studios & games in development.

Divinity 3 is probably one of those games in development. Still I don't think it's a healthy strategy to milk a franchise dry. Eventually you run out of idea's and grow stagnant.

I'm a much bigger fan of the first Original Sin than I am of the second, so I'll be taking a pass on this content. I'll have to hope that their next offering is much more like the first than the second.

I'm not sure they are milking it per sey the divinity story started in early 2000 with DD. The only thing is the current formulae used for d:eek:s 1,2. I think if they mix it up and go back to DKS formulae for the next or next next iteration it will feel very different.
Swen already said they will never go back to the older style of games. I personally want another Dragon Knight game, but it was the lowest selling game in the series.

Seems Co-Op turn-based games is the formula they will stick with future games. Basically because it sells and appeals to a variety of players across different platforms.

Swen already said they will never go back to the older style of games. I personally want another Dragon Knight game, but it was the lowest selling game in the series.

Seems Co-Op turn-based games is the formula they will stick with future games. Basically because it sells and appeals to a variety of players across different platforms.

Thats really sad to hear. DD is still their best game. More of the D:OS style is not really something i want. Never even bough D:OS2, I got bored of D:OS1

I hope they're not the ones making BG3. It just wouldn't fit with them IMO. Also, I couldn't get into D:OS2. The inventory management was a nightmare, combat was boring to me with every enemy having every trick in the book (as soon as crocodiles started casting water magic on me, I uninstalled) and I just did not enjoy the game the few hours I played it. That said, I enjoyed the first D:OS a lot as I co-oped it with my old man. But the 2nd game just left a lot to be desired for me.

Nice! I'll take a surprise from a new studio over a Larian BG3 anytime. Interested to see this going forward.

Well hate to be the negative nacy again but why allow the IP to be used by another unproven developer? Just look at Sword Coast Legends for a bad example.

Also nowhere does it say it will be an RPG. So it could be any type of genre with RPG mechanics added to again. Anyway I would like to be proved wrong but I rarely am.:cool:

This also scares me and causes a feeling of dread.
We aspire to push this game to new heights for the genre.
So Co-Op, server based, or some type of live service game.:brood:

I'm with Couch on this. Well.. I guess it will be difficult for me to be happy with any BG3 announcement regardless who works on it though because BG2 set such a high bar :p

@purpleblob almost didn't post my opinion as their unpopular.

Glad you agree with me and your right about expectations.:nod:

No, I agree with both of you. There's far too little information to get excited at the minute - it could be a phone based MMO or something. :) I guess the optimist in me just always likes to know that there's at least a hope of something decent D&D related coming up. So I'll watch with interest.

I hope it isn't BG3 though. That's story is done. Something set in the same area of the forgotten realms with some of the same locations and characters would be cool though.

Back
Top Bottom