Sekiro - Launch Trailer

Not interested, linear slasher + no RPG elements, not an interesting combo.
Really love both Bloodborne and Dark Souls though.

I wish they would evolve the genre. Dark Souls as a full blown RPG with crafting, main quests, side quests etc. Basically a Gothic game with Dark Souls perfected combat.

Exactly!

The combat looks a lot more frantic than Dark Souls and apparently the key is parrying which is my biggest weakness in Dark Souls. I get solid flanking bonuses from behind but rarely manage to trigger the "backstab" either. This game may be for subset of Dark Souls players that are PvP masters and can cope with a higher level of speed and chaos. I don't suck at Dark Souls I've improved quite a bit but I don't think I could handle a whole game based on parrying and sped up mechanics. It will be interesting to see how this reviews.

I wish they would evolve the genre. Dark Souls as a full blown RPG with crafting, main quests, side quests etc. Basically a Gothic game with Dark Souls perfected combat.
This project really smacks to me of a totally wasted endeavour. I was hoping for something much different than this is looking to be.
Not interested, linear slasher + no RPG elements, not an interesting combo.

Really love both Bloodborne and Dark Souls though.

Exactly!
You guys might want to check out this game then.:)

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/alaloth--champions-of-the-four-kingdoms-1258.html

The combat looks a lot more frantic than Dark Souls and apparently the key is parrying which is my biggest weakness in Dark Souls. I get solid flanking bonuses from behind but rarely manage to trigger the "backstab" either. This game may be for subset of Dark Souls players that are PvP masters and can cope with a higher level of speed and chaos. I don't suck at Dark Souls I've improved quite a bit but I don't think I could handle a whole game based on parrying and sped up mechanics. It will be interesting to see how this reviews.

Hope so, my souls builds usually center around parry, riposte and backstab. Unfortunately siekiro doesn’t have builds though, at least not that I’m aware of.

Yes I know Alaloth is an Isometric game but in my defense they asked for something different. It's just not a 3D third person perspective combat simulator like Dark Souls.

It's an actual RPG like PoE with souls-like combat.
The first isometric souls-like game ever made: instant action, fun and a unique hardcore combat system to master. Intense combat and dungeon diving granted.

Isn't Dark Souls technically a 3rd person Diablo? And Titan Souls is a thing too (unless pixel art isometric isn't considered isometic?)…

EITR looks great too.

Dark souls is nothing like diablo. I can’t stand diablo and dark souls is one of my all time favorites.

Dark souls is nothing like diablo. I can’t stand diablo and dark souls is one of my all time favorites.

You are saying that Dark Souls is not an arpg that focus on combat with bosses with respawning trash in-between that use perfunctory quests to guide the players through its game world and grinding as the mean to advance your character/gear (aka souls farming)?

Or

You are saying that Diablo is not an arpg that focus on combat with bosses with respawning trash in-between that use perfunctory quests to guide the players through its game world and grinding as the mean to advance your character/gear (aka XP and loot pinata)?

You are saying that Dark Souls is not an arpg that focus on combat with bosses with respawning trash in-between that use perfunctory quests to guide the players through its game world and grinding as the mean to advance your character/gear (aka souls farming)?

Or

You are saying that Diablo is not an arpg that focus on combat with bosses with respawning trash in-between that use perfunctory quests to guide the players through its game world and grinding as the mean to advance your character/gear (aka XP and loot pinata)?

Nah, you’re looking at it too generally, that’s like saying every rpg is the same because they have leveling, expierience, quests and combat.

Dark souls doesn’t require soul grinding and can be beaten with a level 1 character with no armor or weapons.

darks souls is more skill based, diablos stat based.

dark souls has hand placed loot, diablo is random.

Dark souls weapons and armor are use situationally, diablos a game of higher dps.

Dark souls has an intricate combat system based mainly on player skill but also , stats, weapon move sets, parry, riposte, backstab,dodging, etc. diablo is clicking and cooldowns where your build matters much more than player skill.

Each dark soul weapon has a move set and can significantly change gameplay, diablos have a few animations per weapon type and dps rules all.

Dark souls only has a few npc quests and really should be hardly considered that, diablo has a more traditional quest structure.

Dark souls starts difficult and stays that way, diablo needs to be played through several times before reaching any real difficulty.

There’s more but why continue?:p

Back
Top Bottom