Cyberpunk 2077 - Gaga on Board?

Re: Lady Gaga
Waste of money, if you ask me. My respect for CD Red will go down a notch if this turns out to be true.

Posted this three days ago on the Cyberpunk 2077 News thread.:p

Anyway don't care about Lady Gaga I just want the release date.

CDP doesn't strike me as the type of company to overpay for someone's services, so I doubt they're wasting their money.

I expected to see some overreactions as soon as I saw the headline though.

So you're not going to play the game if it turns out to be true?

Nah, I'll still play it, but as I said, my general opinion of CD Red will go down a little lower. I guess you can tell though, yea, Lady Gaga is meh to me. Always struck me as a poor Madonna imitation. She sucks at singing and from what I have heard of her songs they are pretty lousy too.

That said, I've never been a huge fan of this game because I'm not a big fan of the cyber-punk setting. That said, it does look impressive in terms of the graphics and the "living world/re-creation" of a futuristic city they seem to be going for in the game play videos.

Nah, I'll still play it, but as I said, my general opinion of CD Red will go down a little lower. I guess you can tell though, yea, Lady Gaga is meh to me. Always struck me as a poor Madonna imitation. She sucks at singing and from what I have heard of her songs they are pretty lousy too.
She got her stage name from a Queen song. :biggrin:

As it turns out, the truth behind the origin of Lady Gaga is actually pretty complicated — and there’s more than one version of the story of how the name came to be.

Way back in 2010, Gaga revealed in an interview with Flybe magazine (but kept on the record by IB Times) that music producer Rob Fusari, who also happened to be her boyfriend at the time, was the first to call her Gaga because her voice and style reminded him of the song “Radio GaGa” — which is pretty legendary in itself.

It’s hard to deny that Lady Gaga and Freddie Mercury have some serious parallels when it comes to stage presence and talent.
Just a little now you know post. Not a fan of hers either.

lol, well, guess what, I think Queen ain't all that either. :biggrin:

Kind of like Lady Gaga - they are overrated. Their stupid "Bohemian Rhapsody" song that is always on the "Bests" top rock songs lists - it's not that good. It is an "OK" song, but not worthy of the accolades it gets. In my humble opinion - not trying to trigger any fans out there - :lol:

Those are fighting words and I challenge you to a duel good sir.:slap:
duelling-purdey.jpg

Just joking but I love listening to a few of their songs I grew up with.:cool:

I don't see the harm in it. It's gotta be better than Lynda Carter singing in FO4. At least Gags isn't pushing 80 :D

Surprisingly, Gaga can actually sing and also act. I am not a fan, but I will give her credit where credit is due. She is no Madonna clone.

She may do a pretty good job in the end. We shall see.

Musically, I wish Cyberpunk 2077's producers greater liaised with some of the cyberpunk artists in the blossoming synthwave scene. I've made quite a few compilations of that theme and genre in the last year or so and there's lots of great material out there. I hope that they don't go too commercial and ruin the atmosphere with celebrities, a more mainstream sound and other such nonsense though.

Have to disagree on "budget fail". :)
If not true, already made some buzz. If true, it's easy PR that'll attract mainstream. A perfect turd for flies.

Maybe you'd like to see Katy Perry instead? Dunno why after this abomination:

The_Sims_3_Katy_Perry's_Sweet_Treats_Cover.jpg
Is there a mod for this that removes the extra clothes?
Asking for a friend of course.

Yeah, I think that if they just have her as an actor playing a cyberpunk character, it could be fine. But, if it's going to be Lady Gaga as Lady Gaga 2077, that could be cringe-tastic.

Noone will be able to answer if something like this is a waste of money ot not.
It's a fact that such a joint-venture generates more buzz which could results in better sales and thus pay for itself or more.

While I don't like her music from all I know she has said and done, for me she as a person is one of the better choices if you want to involve a US pop celeb in a video game project for PR reasons.

Well, at one time I would have found this alarming, but with her movie she convinced me she could act. I don't see much difference between this and hiring other famous actors for NPCs, and they usually have a couple. I reckon she could probably do a pretty decent Cyberpunk character.

I think she will sing for some big neon commercial in the city. Maybe she will appear there also as NPC - pop star of 2077 - that you could meet if you rise high enough. I think that this idea is not bad and pretty fitting. Question is how many CDP fans will like her presence in the game and how many will be annoyed. :)

There is no confirmation we'll see any drag queen in the game.
Make no mistake though - if official release doesn't do it, modders will make sure at least one appears.

Back
Top Bottom