Last game you finished, tell us about it

Not sure how well that would work on tactical; specifically the last battle.

Not sure about the last battle, but the 2-lone wolf game is very doable in tactician (in fact easier in many battles).

I would replay it again just for Beast's and Ifan's story.

If you play Fane as the PC, as I did,
you get options to join the covenant and the end story is rather odd. If you choose divinity you get the same ending as if you gave up. Very strange.

Lohse was my main. Fane was a party member. To be honest i didn't care much for fane (even though I know he is most folks favorite).

I would replay it again just for Beast's and Ifan's story.

If you play Fane as the PC, as I did,
you get options to join the covenant and the end story is rather odd. If you choose divinity you get the same ending as if you gave up. Very strange.

Finished XCOM 2 war of the chosen. Very enjoyable and long campaign

Finished Maimed God(s) Saga, mod for NWN II.
Overall, interesting, enjoyable exp.

The good:
+ Roleplaying as cleric ( perhaps the best "cleric game")…your spells play a part in solving quests, intervening and dispencing justice to the stupid, mechanics ( like using altars), etc
+ Ambiance ( especially in first part)…nice use of OC music, depressing, gloomy feel that fits the story well
+ Player/Companion dialogue…probably the best part of narrative. Romance was actually fairly well handled, without being too withdrawn ( Kotor II) or Bioware style ( highschool hitting+ trauma therapy).
+Low lvl adventure, balanced gameplay/encounters/economy..always prefer this. Magic ( and gold) is rare, plan and manage your resources

+/- Main story and storytelling in general…inconsistent quality, in some parts cliche, with a few surprising plot twists. Some dialogue ( like later on with your god) is of low quality.

- The pacing. In first portion, there are too many, "kill trashmobs", missions with a lot of backtracking. In second half, it speeds to an end too quickly.
- Areas. Not terrible, but too small and barren ( especially the village)
- Long cutscenes with mute characters (doesn't really work with this type of game)

Battlefield hardline 4/10
Still doing the cleanup for the base plat.
But I seldom play games that have an end. I prefer more competitive games like CS. Thanks to https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/players platform I can find other players and create a team. It's much more fun to play together.

Battlefield hardline 4/10
Still doing the cleanup for the base plat.
But I seldom play games that have an end. I prefer more competitive games like CS. Thanks to https://dreamturd.spam/ platform I can find other players and create a team. It's much more fun to play together.

Stop wasting our time with your spam.

Stop wasting our time with your spam.
I participate in the discussion like other users, wtf?
yes I share the link that might be useful for other CS players
chill out

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

Finished Alien Isolation last night.

My initial feeling was relief :lol: (aliens are a pain in the ass)
followed by ehh? is that the ending?:S, and then,
:wow:, what a wild ride!

If you haven't played this yet and like a lot of sneaking to save your hide try this. Exploration is fun, the alien AI is annoying as hell though. Once you have the weapons to defend yourself from it, you actually shouldn't because it becomes more aggressive, and constantly pops out to hunt you. Best tactic at all times is to try to avoid it. Once I learned this I let myself get killed mostly rather than defend myself when caught if I knew I was just unlucky and near a save point. Otherwise the alien becomes so aggressive it can take an hour of trial and error with randomized alien behavior to fully explore a level and not get killed. A neat thing is that the game gives you non-violent tools to help you distract the alien so you can get around it. They also work against the human and android enemies.

The space station is like a huge maze with doors/elevators/etc closing off and opening up on repeat visits. It can be very frustrating, especially near the end, when you may be hunting for missed collectibles. I recommend using a few map resources like these when you don't know how to proceed:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402866213
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371906352

Speaking of achievements, I'm most proud of the one for getting killed by the alien 100 times. Did I say the alien is annoying?

Well for me a good story is mostly about the journey, not the ending. Lot's of people hated ME3 just because of the ending. To me, good endings are nice to have, but not the reason to play a game.

Well for me a good story is mostly about the journey, not the ending. Lot's of people hated ME3 just because of the ending. To me, good endings are nice to have, but not the reason to play a game.

I go further, to me a good story is nice to have, but not the reason to play a game.

You both suck. :p
We're different. For example it's the story that kept me playing Berseria, not it's autoexecute flashy combat. Couldn't care less for that easypeasy rubbish mushrooms combat style, I just wanted to learn what happens next with the world and the colorful party I led there. If the story and characters weren't that good as they are, I'd never touch what looks at a first glance as outdated graphics grinder and would have probably refund it after 2 hours without regrets.
Sadly, refund option didn't exist when I bought criminally (sorry, had to) overrated Dragon Dogma.

Of course the story is not the only reason for me to play a game, remember, I wasted thousands of hours on League of Legends. That MMO has no story.
But a reason to play RPG? Go pro story or go home.

I'm most proud of the one for getting killed by the alien 100 times.
Grind something achievements ruined gaming. Any (finished) subquests story achievements?

Each mission completed is an achievement. That's most of them. About 18 of those. There are other achievements for not dying on certain missions, or not being seen on others, or killing something with X, crafting X, using weapon X, etc...

But r.e. stories, my experience is that game writing in general is terrible. Few games have a story good enough to even remember. If I want a good story, I read a book by a good author.

My gaming focus is normally gameplay but having good companions and story is a much appreciated bonus!

And thus nostory phonegames were created. :p

Each mission ?? Which game is this; not alien isolation....

Each mission completed is an achievement. That's most of them. About 18 of those. There are other achievements for not dying on certain missions, or not being seen on others, or killing something with X, crafting X, using weapon X, etc…

But r.e. stories, my experience is that game writing in general is terrible. Few games have a story good enough to even remember. If I want a good story, I read a book by a good author.

My gaming focus is normally gameplay but having good companions and story is a much appreciated bonus!

Yep, check your achievement list:
Alien: Isolation
Unlocked every Alien: Isolation trophy
Awake
Complete the first mission
Welcome to Sevastopol
Complete the second mission
A Hunt Begins
Complete the third mission
You Shouldn't Be There
Complete the fourth mission
How Do You feel?
Complete the fifth mission
Caught in the Trap
Complete the sixth mission
An Outpost of Progress
Complete the seventh mission
Shock to the System
Use the stun baton
Bait
Complete the tenth mission
Hazard Containment
Complete the eleventh mission
A Synthetic Solution
Complete the twelfth mission
Consultation
Complete the thirteenth mission
Survivor
Complete the game on the hardest difficulty setting
Ripley, Signing Off
Complete the game on any difficulty setting
The Missing
Collect an ID tag
The Taken
Collect all ID tags

Archivist
Collect 10 Nostromo logs in the main campaign
Light 'em Up
Use the flamethrower
Just out of Reach
Contact your team and escape Comms without being attacked by an android.
Use With Caution...
Use the shotgun
Every Bullet Counts
Use the revolver
Self Defense
Kill 10 humans
Not a Scratch
Escape from android combat without taking damage
Retreat From Fire
Cause the Alien to retreat using a molotov
A Perfect Organism
Encounter the Alien in Sevastopol for the first time