What games are you playing now?

I've started The Witcher series. Never played any of those before (Where have I been?!?!?) So now I'm playing Witcher 1. It's great fun, but my oh my is it difficult. Or more correctly, I find it very difficult at some locations (the swamp). I'm probably not very good at these games. I guess to some of you it's a breeze, but not to me.

Not giving up, though. Challenging games are fun. Especially if I find out how to do it, eventually.

pibbur

Just 1 point in igni. Not more. In TW1.

I assume that is good advice, which I asked for/got much too late. Well. well.

pibbur who could, but don't want to start the game from the beginning.

PS: I play on normal difficulty. Yeah, it's OK, feel free to make fun of me. DS.

I'm currently playing Tales of Berseria, and while it is quite similar to Zestria, I've noticed some differences. The beginning of Zestria I found to be very strong, with a robust prologue that lead into the story in a great way. However, a bit into the game it got stuffy and a bit boring, and was a struggle for me to complete in the end. Berseria had a slower start, but seems to be maintaining a better draw throughout the game, at leas for the hours I've put in.

Better now. I worked on my strategy, a better mix of sword and signs, and occasional strategic withdrawal gives me better odds. I love features like this in a game!!!

yay!

pibbur who is slightly enthusiastic.

So The Doctor was a pushover. Lohse insisted on extinguishing all his candles, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Those nurses were a bit annoying running away...

Killed him in three rounds, after prewetting the area: Ethereal Storm, Meteor Storm, Thunderstorm. DONE.

That's a lot of storms :)

When I did hte fight a long time ago it was hard as hell (are you playing on tactical?); but maybe it is easier with the patches. I should reach him in about 3 weeks.

So The Doctor was a pushover. Lohse insisted on extinguishing all his candles, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Those nurses were a bit annoying running away…

Killed him in three rounds, after prewetting the area: Ethereal Storm, Meteor Storm, Thunderstorm. DONE.

I've started The Witcher series. Never played any of those before (Where have I been?!?!?) So now I'm playing Witcher 1. It's great fun, but my oh my is it difficult. Or more correctly, I find it very difficult at some locations (the swamp). I'm probably not very good at these games. I guess to some of you it's a breeze, but not to me.

Not giving up, though. Challenging games are fun. Especially if I find out how to do it, eventually.

pibbur

That part with the bloody plant is a bit of difficulty spike. Use potions and Igni on it.

Well I jumped into Starcrawlers. Anyone have tips/guide for this? Can't seem to find any ( outdated).

Well I jumped into Starcrawlers. Anyone have tips/guide for this? Can't seem to find any ( outdated).

It's pretty straight forward imo. Engineer is ok for the first 15 levels, then sucks for rest of the game. All other classes are wonderfully fun! Hacker is a must-have for missions.

Depending on just how long you stick with the game (NG+, NG++), you might also want to take a look at my Factions guide on the Steam forums. It's still 95% accurate.

When I did hte fight a long time ago it was hard as hell (are you playing on tactical?); but maybe it is easier with the patches. I should reach him in about 3 weeks.

Yeah, not exploration mode, but the next hardest. Early on I wanted to up the difficulty but couldn’t without restarting, which I hate more than it being too easy.

So I imposed rules on myself to make it more difficult:
1. No use of consumables.
2. No character build min / maxing.
3. No deaths.

That fight difficulty depended solely on if the Doctor switch into its true form or not at release. In his human form, he's not hard at all. I'm not sure why the women run away though, they didn't do that in my playthrough and I killed the Doctor in the first round (in his human form).

In his first turn he switches to his true form, which is what happened to me. So I killed him in his true form on the third round. Still easy.

The 3 point source magic storm spells are very powerful.

It's pretty straight forward imo. Engineer is ok for the first 15 levels, then sucks for rest of the game. All other classes are wonderfully fun! Hacker is a must-have for missions.

Depending on just how long you stick with the game (NG+, NG++), you might also want to take a look at my Factions guide on the Steam forums. It's still 95% accurate.

Mui gracias, as HenriqueJr likes to say. :)

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, 6 years since my last playthrough :)

I fancy a break from turn based fantasy games, so I've bought Mass Effect Andromeda. I'm not sure I'll enjoy it - I didn't like the last couple of Dragon Age games - but I'm really in the mood for giving it a go tonight for some reason. Just downloading now…

I fancy a break from turn based fantasy games, so I've bought Mass Effect Andromeda. I'm not sure I'll enjoy it - I didn't like the last couple of Dragon Age games - but I'm really in the mood for giving it a go tonight for some reason. Just downloading now…

I started ME:A just a couple days ago, and I'm enjoying it. I was really in the mood for sci-fi, and there are so few choices when it comes to RPGs that it won by default.

I'm still very early in the game, but I like how it reminds me of ME 1. It has that feel of a space opera and exploring the unknown that was missing from ME 2&3.

Good to hear! I enjoyed ME1 a lot, and I'm definitely in the mood for some space opera and exploration.

Yeah. I think Andromeda is definitely underrated by the RPG community. It's a fun romp without a doubt. Not terribly memorable, but entertaining at the moment.

Last edited:
I had a good evening with Andromeda and a pizza/beer. Good Friday night fodder! My initial impressions are quite positive. First off, it runs smoothly and looks good on my PC despite the fact my hardware is getting pretty old these days (I'm only on a GTX 870M). So that's an immediate thumbs up. The dialogue is pretty clunky at times but nowhere near as bad as I expected from what I'd heard. No bugs so far. The gameplay is fast and fun, just what I'm in the mood for after many months of turn based tactical stuff. My main disappointment is that the new aliens are pretty rubbish - just non-descript and generic from an initial impression. Anyway, just a few hours in so there's a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom