Hellgate London - Coming to Steam

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Hellgate London is coming to Steam 15th November.

RETURN OF THE HELLGATE: LONDON ON STEAM!

With the support of many fans, developers have been able to offer the latest version of Hellgate: London game in the Steam.
Hellgate: London provides a single play environment with the latest version (Version 2.0) of the Hellgate: Tokyo service.
The game provides single play optimized scenario contents and premium support items.

The Hellgate: London is an action role-playing legend game you have been waiting for. Hellgate: London presents a near future that the devils and minions were brought to the Earth before the whole world falls into fears. As a survivor, you must rescue humanity from army of darkness using battle skills and magic.
The game offers endless replayability to its users through different modes, levels, random generated monsters and huge collection of weapons and items. You can enjoy playing game in either third-person or first-person perspective.

KEY FEATURES:

Characters

The Hellgate introduces six classes of characters to choose from. Each character has its philosophy, training and combat skills. The class you choose is an important factor that determines a game play. In addition to the class, you can choose various visual physical attributes like sex, height, size, hair and skin color etc.
Character customization system allows you to create your own unique character and raise its level and skills through quest performance and battle against the devil.

Random generation system

Hellgate: London provides infinite repeat playability by creating randomly generated dungeons, items and quests. Random maps allow you to have unique and personalized play to enjoy different experiences each time you play. Every space the player steps into is a randomly generated map, where quests and items are always generated randomly.

Unique items
One of the important features of Hellgate's game play is its collectable rare item system.
Hellgate offers a variety of items such as Random, Rare, Unique, Named and Quest items to ensure you enjoying the game.
Furthermore, through various item-related systems you can create an infinite number of items and get support in the development of your character with a higher level of items and characters.
Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

wtf?

Steam page says singleplayer, for all I remember the original game was yet another mmo grindfest clone of clones and as such failed. I mean I was happy reading another mmo died a decade ago or something.
Do I remember wrong?

Whatever, it's obviously nostory roguelike with random generated content so can't care less about it.

premium support items
In a supposedly fullpriced singleplayer game? This is bullshit.

Last edited:
Awesome, I kinda liked the game when it originally came out.
A first-person Diablo! And one where not your trigger finger determines if you hit or not, but your char's stats, as it should be for an RPG.

Had already given up hope that it would ever be available to a wider audience again.

wtf?

Steam page says singleplayer, for all I remember the original game was yet another mmo grindfest clone of clones and as such failed. I mean I was happy reading another mmo died a decade ago or something.
Do I remember wrong?

Whatever, it's obviously nostory roguelike with random generated content so can't care less about it.

In a supposedly fullpriced singleplayer game? This is bullshit.

Actually, it's a hack'n slash along the lines of Diablo 2 and 3, with an optional online component (like Diablo 3). Like the Diablos, it has a half decent story with some cool cinematics and what not the middle of all the grinding. It's actually not a bad SP hack'n slash. I prefer it to most.

Never tried the online part, so I have no idea how that works.

Will I miss something of importance if I skip it? Can I discuss it for hours with a friend?

I just returned from a coffee with one such friend who started The Witcher 3 yesterday. How come? He's like Alrik, used a decade old PC till it farted the other day so he had to buy a new one finally.
"Socializing" over a coffee lasted cca an hour. Guess what the topic was. Only one. Hint: we didn't discuss weather, relationships, cars, mortgages, jobs, paychecks, taxes, politics, news, health, movies, series, novels, poetry, music, social networks, phones, mushrooms, life purpose nor any streams.

I do remember the game being fun (SP), but I also remember losing interest when the dungeons starting feeling the same. Still, put a lot of hours into it.

Yeah it was real fun back then, though i didnt played it more than 4-5 days if i remember well; got bored of it, like i do of all the h'n's games.

We are near Halloween, kinda fitting for a(nother) resurrection.

Saying that, it's the 3rd time they (HanbitSoft) try to bring the game to Steam. Hellgate Global even made it worldwide before they shut it down in 2015 (it was a F2P online game, maybe why joxer call the game a MMO when it wasn't one originally back in 2007).

This version is single player only though. The question is how much of a cash grab it is, lol.

Hellgate London was MY game man, I played it senseless. It's been overshadowed by it's strange existence being phased in and out of life, but I'll no doubt play it again. Too little too late really, regarding it building a (sustainable) new audience.

I heard of lot of good stuff about this game, never played it myself when it released what, ten years ago now? If there is a true single player version, I just might finally give it a whirl.

I played the pirated copy a lot (because I missed it when it was originally released). Then later someone resurrected it as online only game. I signed up for that one, payed them to have access to the game beyond certain level (game was free up to certain level and story part) and continued playing. But it was super buggy, game would randomly freeze every 10-15 minutes for 1 minute. When I read this was already a problem back in original game for many people and these new people did nothing to fix it I quit it completely.

I bet this Steam version is this same unpatched and unfixed version I quit.

But if this is a true SP version and has fixes and improvements and works great I would not mind buying it and playing it again. I had great fun with the singleplayer pirated version.

I heard of lot of good stuff about this game, never played it myself when it released what, ten years ago now? If there is a true single player version, I just might finally give it a whirl.

Good stuff, you're having a laugh :lol:

There's a reason it went tits up the first time, it was shite.

Premium support items, shove them where the sun don't shine.

Guess what the topic was. Only one. Hint: we didn't discuss weather, relationships, cars, mortgages, jobs, paychecks, taxes, politics, news, health, movies, series, novels, poetry, music, social networks, phones, mushrooms, life purpose nor any streams.
Did you discuss the final death throes of consumer capitalism and the coming economic apocalypse which will reduce all the western nations to Third World status?

Well, those types of items wouldn't receive a dime from me. I'd only be interested in a true single player version, not some online want-to-be mmo that's riddled with buy for power items and upgrades.

I might buy this (again) given the right price point. Sure, it's monotonous and repetitive, but the art design and setting are just so unique; it should be fun for a little while if nothing else.

Shame about no multiplayer but, to be honest, the multiplayer in this game wasn't all that great in the first place.

Will I miss something of importance if I skip it? Can I discuss it for hours with a friend?

I just returned from a coffee with one such friend who started The Witcher 3 yesterday. How come? He's like Alrik, used a decade old PC till it farted the other day so he had to buy a new one finally.
"Socializing" over a coffee lasted cca an hour. Guess what the topic was. Only one. Hint: we didn't discuss weather, relationships, cars, mortgages, jobs, paychecks, taxes, politics, news, health, movies, series, novels, poetry, music, social networks, phones, mushrooms, life purpose nor any streams.

Well, even as buggy as it is, HGL is roughly 10345% better than all witcher games combined so …...

Well, even as buggy as it is, HGL is roughly 10345% better than all witcher games combined so ……

so that makes it 10346% lesser than any Bethesda game :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom