The Madden video game tournament shooting

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm sure most of you have seen this breaking news by now. Some lunatic who was playing in a video game tournament of the well known football game series Madden lost, and then went crazy and started shooting people. He killed 2, injured 12. He apparently won the tournament the previous year. If you look at his picture, he looks like a guy with mental problems, and maybe a shut-in. (Kind of like Adam Lanza, the elementary school shooter)

I just thought this was a very rare story, and wanted to say that it pisses me off. Now we - us gamers - will have to hear about mythical links between video games and violence in the media again, for at least a month or two. It's already been proven in numerous scientific studies that there is no link. But the media, as usual, will ignore that.

Hell, it wasn't even a first person shooter game, like call of duty, but a football game, of all things.

http://time.com/5378639/madden-shooting-jacksonville-florida/

Yeah now that is bat-shit crazy just because he lost his match. I know they play for huge amounts of cash in video E-Sports but this is not in any normal at all.

Now I except more stories about how games ruin our minds and should be censored, or our families should seek out mental treatment if we play more then an hour a day.

See the real problem is bad gun control and poor mental heath. Not games.

I've heard this kind of stuff since the tunnel dweller stories back in the seventies gripped the parents of every child that picked up a twenty sided die. In almost every activity imaginable, you're likely to encounter the occasional deviant. Brothers and sisters, this too shall pass.

He was a Jew that is generally a failure and his father is also a Jew and a NASA scientist. It seems to be premeditated, he bought he gun prior to he tournament and was acting strangely apparently not showering or changing his clothes. He probably decided prior to that match that he wasnt going back and face his father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeXjG3JuLuE

This guy gets it and expresses my opinion better then I could ever write.

wanted to say that it pisses me off. Now we - us gamers - will have to hear about mythical links between video games and violence in the media again
I've added it in BS of the week thread yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom