Monster Hunter: World - Released

Well dug a little deeper it was also fixed by Capcom.

They messed up just like Sega did.:biggrin:

So yeah anyone can play now moving on done with the thread.
I’m surprised by your response though, it seems atypical for you.
Deleted my post before you replied so yeah.;)

Looks pretty. Maybe somebody will develop a crpg with this engine. I'd be interested if they did.

@crpgnut; Wouldn't you rather a survival game? They could call it "7 monsters to die"! =)
@Couchpotato; I'm sorry you don't get to play. I don't think piracy hurts game sales. It hasn't yet. Think you could you run it, though?

@Couchpotato; I'm sorry you don't get to play. I don't think piracy hurts game sales. It hasn't yet. Think you could you run it, though?
It's mmo. No piracy unless someone clones their server. Only cheaters and boters.

It's mmo. No piracy unless someone clones their server. Only cheaters and boters.

No, it's not MMO style servers.

It's single player but finds people for co-op using Steam and then hosts games peer2peer. Would be fine to pirate.

It also has a turn speed. No quick 180 turns. You have to walk in a little circle. Even the target lock only does the camera, unlike Dark Souls which attacks towards the locked target.

If I designed the game I'd call that bad gameplay and notice that Warframe lets you do quick 180s with a flick of the mouse like an FPS game. But this awkwardness does seem to be part of what's making the combat so challenging so I think I need more time to judge it properly.

Okay okay, it's mmo so I'm ignorant if servers will be paid by the publisher of people will need to setup their own.
Still it's mmo and who cares about pirating mmos when you have a lesser evil freebies on phones that aren't mmo.

Cheaters if they want. Boters. What is called on this site grinding in this game is different from grinding. Usually grinding refers to a low risk, low reward activity.
Hunts are risky, they might fail. Actually, they are opportunities to get more proficient to hunting so that the next hunts do no last 40 minutes. Boters, sure way to build no proficiency. Watch out, hunts are timed to 50 minutes.

Dear @SirJames something I wanted to do since you started attacking various members.

s-l300.jpg

Ah that felt nice now give me a warning. Don't care assholes.

Better pics than this one.

Looks pretty. Maybe somebody will develop a crpg with this engine. I'd be interested if they did.
100% agree with you @crpgnut.:handshake:

As I need story with my combat. Also this game engine look gorgeous, and I said the same with Ubisoft's Anvil Next 2.0 engine. To bad both of these engines never will.

Last edited:
@Couchpotato; I don't think I've ever attacked anyone personally. I just correct them when they're mistaken or remind them when they've contradicted themselves. Overly sensitive people just don't like the perceived "tone" of of message but are rarely bothered by the message itself.

Was the straw that broke the camels back mentioning your rubbish PC or thinking you're complaining about Denuvo because you want to pirate the game? Both are pretty fair assumptions, are they not? Why so mad?

And, no, I'm not going to report you for a warning. Say what you like. I hate censorship, I like free speech. I'm all about the truth. I don't see much truth in what you've said here, mostly just emotion. I'm sure it would bother you if I saw the truth being you have low blood sugar level because American diets are full of sugar which makes the poor people who can't afford raw food become stuck in a permanent sugar crash. Now I'm attacking America, I suppose? SPACE FORCE, SPACE FORCE!

The truth hurts. Ignorance is bliss. My truth threatens peoples ignorance and that annoys them. Fine. If you can't take criticism or correction that's hardly my fault. I give it to you straight; I don't sugar coat it. As adults, I expect you to be able to handle it.

If it helps, rewrite what I say in a nicer tone, read that, then reply.

Yeah maybe I should quote you from the Doom discussion with Kordanor, and refer others to the Yakuza 0 news-bit. Case closed I'm done replying to you after today.

So you have good day now goodbye.:salute:

As I need story with my combat.
If you consider the replies in the best parts of cRPGs thread, MHW does cover most of what people find important.

The role you play is a monster hunter. It's the first time I've played this role in an RPG.

The story is about finding out why the Elder Dragons meet in the New World every 10 years, and finding out why the earlier hunting parties went missing.

Exploration? Check.
Immersion? Check.
Progression? Challenge?

If Witcher3 is an RPG then so is MHW.

There is are enjoy as the Gif fits my mood.

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you're tried to write here. There is are enjoy that. ;)

Well the jokes on him as I wouldn't even pirate this game.:lol:

Yeah maybe I should quote you from the Doom discussion with Kordanor, and refer others to the Yakuza 0 news-bit. Case closed I'm done replying to you after today.

Please do.

If I recall the DOOM thread was about Korandor thinking Dooms level design is about randomly spawning waves of monsters. I'm sure if we gathered a room full of level designers they'd all agree with what I said.

As for the "why dont you stream fortnite" bit, that's actually great advice. Some streamers make $500,000 a month streaming fortnite, while his reviews in german have almost no views at all. I'm sure he'd thank me if he started making 500k a month from my idea.

Yakuza 0? I'm not sure what the issue is. Was it saying how people who write reviews for games they can't run is pointless? I stand by that.

How would you like me to write a review for RPGwatch if I couldn't get the game running? Pretty stupid, yeah?

The case isn't closed. You've forfeit. You've let emotion trump reason. You're out of your depth trying to argue with me, anyway. :)

Is the little established liar at it again? Just send him to his room and let him cry out. Once he settles down, you can open the door.

I guess MHW isn't keeping him as busy as he was hoping for ;)

Is the little established liar at it again? Just send him to his room and let him cry out. Once he settles down, you can open the door.

I guess MHW isn't keeping him as busy as he was hoping for ;)

I was expecting you wouldnt be far away. :)

I'm actually having a food break. Game is still running.

You've changed your whole attack pattern to indirect insults, which isn't why I enjoyed our old debates. You used to be more cerebral in your replies. I suppose it is hard to think when it's hot, but that's just making excuses for you.

Either way, I don't feel like I'm getting any XP from winning battles with you, anymore, so I'm over it. You're too low level. =)

Obviously you're still a lot smarter than couch, but you're a long way off Pibur who I consider the smartest person around here and probably wouldn't ever find anything to correct him on.

So, did you get MHW?

Yeah, you're already bored with it. If you're past this sort of game now, I guess you really did earn a lot of XP by exchanging with me.

My condolences. Now it's going to get even harder finding a game to satisfy your needs :)

Yeah, you're already bored with it. If you're past this sort of game now, I guess you really did earn a lot of XP by exchanging with me.

My condolences. Now it's going to get even harder finding a game to satisfy your needs :)

Yeah. Bored.

I predict you won't reply to anything I say. Instead, you'll wait for a chance to reply to someone else about me where I can see it.

Am I missing some subtle genius here?

If I know you're trying to be annoying, like couch with his "DIDNT READ LOL" thing, then why would I fall for it? It's really obvious.

It's like the old saying goes "never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Back
Top Bottom