Battle Brothers - More Things

That's what I did! Beginner difficulty. Still too hard for me.

Are you sure you are letting bad things happen? It sounds like you are trying to make the perfect moves to have your entire party crush the enemy while remaining 100% unscathed.

This game doesn't work quite like that.

Oh yeah, save scumming this game is the best way to not enjoying it.
As you said: let bad things happen. It's just a game...

Oh yeah, save scumming this game is the best way to not enjoying it.
As you said: let bad things happen. It's just a game…

I agree with this, even tho I am a self professed save scummer in the majority of games :)

I hate it when characters die once you spent time on them. Its why Darkest Dungeon is such a pain in the ass for me.

Best advice early on is give most of your brothers spears and shields. Also, get a second archer early on or crossbowman.

I always have a minimum of two bowmen right from the start. I prefer traditional bows to crossbows. Once they start getting some levels and perks, they're nasty on offense.

I agree with this, even tho I am a self professed save scummer in the majority of games :)
Me too. I don't understand why some devs try to prevent that so called "bad habit" (looking at you PoE).

I think it's important to understand that different weapons are good against different enemies.

You should use spears against low armoured enemies but not against orc warriors as they won't penetrate the armour. Have a range of weapons with you in the inventory. Change up depending on the enemies.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm a big proponent of both shields and archers, I prefer the traditional bow over a crossbow, but both are quite effective. Shields are an absolute must, especially for any character that's going to be on the front line. Spears are also nice, they are excellent back-up weapons.

Forgot to mention, try hard to get your archers on some high ground. The bonuses are definitely worth it, and it helps a bit if someone tries to melee them.

Bah I lost my imagination as an adult.:p

That's why story or narrative is important in games for us imaginative disabled.

Stories fed to kids are supposed to grow their imagination, not suppress it.

BB is not a proper product to craft a storyline. It was not designed that way and provides few elements to work with.

That's what I did! Beginner difficulty. Still too hard for me.

Better to watch streamers then to copyy their ways. The product is not difficult (UgoIgo metagame basics) it is tedious and time consuming though.

Absolutely not. Are you actually advocating that you should watch someone else play a game before doing so yourself? Nothing will teach a person more than a few mistakes, get in there and learn for yourself what does and does not work, and you'll feel quite the champion when you whip them all.

No. That players who struggle playing the product watch streamers to see how to make it.

How on earth would you have ever played Wizardry or Bard's Tale, as well as many others, back in the day? Mistakes/errors are the best teachers, you'll learn from each one and be better for it.

In the Wizardry and Bard Tale days, these were state-of-the-art games and trial and error and reading the manual was part of the culture and technology.

Now the technology is devoted to making it easier and more visual for the player for them to win quickly and have instant fun playing and finishing to move on to the next product. This generation will not continue with games that require patience, and it is easier for them to watch a video than try themselves or read a manual.

This is not surprising as most schools, universities and students rely on videos for teaching and learning!

Also when was the last Wizardry made?

How on earth would you have ever played Wizardry or Bard's Tale, as well as many others, back in the day? Mistakes/errors are the best teachers, you'll learn from each one and be better for it.

One side effect of the crowdfunded scene is to put on the same level old school games and crowdfunded vid products.

Time is now and BB has little in common with W or BT.

Players who struggle are well advised to check streamers' routines to play BB.

Basic problem solving hasn't changed in thousands of years. When you run into something difficult, you try various solutions and note the progress or lack thereof. Sure, once you've tried a few times on your own and find yourself making no headway, then it's fine to query others and explore other options. I believe the average person underestimates their own abilities, and tend to give in far too easily. Nothing is more satisfying than solving a problem with your very own talents and skills.

BB is not something difficult. It is tedious sure and time consuming but not difficult.
Chores are often not difficult even though tedious and time consuming.

By watching at streamers for guidance on this product, people do not jeopardize their problem solving capabilities.

You haven't played BB so you don't know what it is. I watch college football every week so I must be a Heisman Trophy winner.

Non sense. Watching a game of sport does not deprive viewers from determining the difficulty of a task.

This kind of non sense could have some value if people who claim those views stick to them. Usually, they are the first to bail out of them.

Somebody watch people walking through a doorway. Does not undermine the capacity to assess the task as easy(for people who can walk)

Back
Top Bottom