Votes: 38 40.4%
  • I Hope It'll Be Good

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • I Definitely Have Doubts

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • It will Utterly Fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I could not stand the combat in the first game and ended up watching some streamers play it to get an idea of the lore. The second game still has a bit an airy feel to the combat (hits don't feel like they contact, funky hit boxes, little weight to animations) BUT imho is a huge improvement over the first game. I'm currently playing through Witcher 2.

Watching combat in Witcher 3 it appears they may have further improved the combat. I like open world games like TES. It will be interesting to see if they can pull of a nice open world and still retain their character interaction and tough decisions that affect the world more than in TES games.

Just about all hype is complete garbage as it is just social/emotional engineering on the part of a marketing department. I guess too much of the general public still falls for it though, as studios continue to use it.

Bought a nVidea GoG code from ebay for $26US so i'm prepped to play.
If it don't turn out to be the great game i'm hoping for, at least I didn't pay the $76US steam australia is asking for.

I'm just prepared to skip the Watch for the following week or two. From experience, 80% of the front pages of all the forums (even the politics one!) usually get flooded with Witcher this, Witcher that, and since I'm not a fan of the Witcher, it's going to be a rough couple of weeks for me here :)

I already bought the game on GOG month ago.

Probably zero reason to get a hard copy as it likely won't include anything but the disc and a one page insert.

I got it from GoG several months ago.

The challenge will be to steer clear of all the release noise and reviews. I'm still a bit pissed vurt chose to post a review directly into that other thread.

Thankfully, I managed not to read much of it.

Probably zero reason to get a hard copy as it likely won't include anything but the disc and a one page insert.

I thought you will get printed map with box?

The challenge will be to steer clear of all the release noise and reviews. I'm still a bit pissed vurt chose to post a review directly into that other thread.

I only skimmed the list of cons but did not really walk away with a single spoiler from that review. I vaguely remember some criticism about an early boss fight but can't even remember the creature's/boss' name or anything right now.
Else I found it easy to squint and just skip most of the post containing the review (big ups to my awesome mousewheel for saving the day ;) ).

I only skimmed the list of cons but did not really walk away with a single spoiler from that review. I vaguely remember some criticism about an early boss fight but can't even remember the creature's/boss' name or anything right now.
Else I found it easy to squint and just skip most of the post containing the review (big ups to my awesome mousewheel for saving the day ;) ).

Spoilers don't concern me so much as knowing about weak features, bugs and issues. Those are only a problem if you actually discover them :)

I'll never forget how much fun I had with Gothic 3 - until I finally started encountering the serious bugs myself.

Nothing is worse than knowing what's wrong with a game BEFORE you actually start playing it.

After you're done, though, it's fine :)

I thought you will get printed map with box?

Idk, I haven't heard anything about that. Do you have a link to anything that shows what's included with a physical copy?

It's been a long time since I purchased a boxed copy of anything, but I would get one in this case if the map, book, etc., are nice enough.

Idk, I haven't heard anything about that. Do you have a link to anything that shows what's included with a physical copy?

It's been a long time since I purchased a boxed copy of anything, but I would get one in this case if the map, book, etc., are nice enough.

I was just guessing since the W1 and W2 standard box game with a map and I was hoping so will W3 :)

Edit: Actually it does come with map and other stuff… CDPR deliver yet again!

"Contents of the Standard Edition: the game, an exclusive CD with the official soundtrack, the official developer-created Witcher Universe: The Compendium, a beautiful detailed map of the in-game world, and a set of unique The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stickers"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Witcher-Wild-Hunt-DVD/dp/B00I9WUZEM

Physical, no TW1 cards = no buy.

I was just guessing since the W1 and W2 standard box game with a map and I was hoping so will W3 :)

Edit: Actually it does come with map and other stuff… CDPR deliver yet again!

"Contents of the Standard Edition: the game, an exclusive CD with the official soundtrack, the official developer-created Witcher Universe: The Compendium, a beautiful detailed map of the in-game world, and a set of unique The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stickers"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Witcher-Wild-Hunt-DVD/dp/B00I9WUZEM

Is the UK standard edition the same as the US standard version? As of a few minutes ago, there was no mention of goodies on the Amazon site.

Is the UK standard edition the same as the US standard version? As of a few minutes ago, there was no mention of goodies on the Amazon site.

I don't think UK and US are the same, on the Amazon US site it says the publisher is WB but on Amazon UK site, the publisher is Bandai Namco.

Another UK vendor saying you get some goodies with standard edition. You get an additional signed card if you buy from these guys too!

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-260323

The product description is piss poor as usual on Amazon. Nothing about contents. Just a bunch of CDP PR bullshit.

http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-Wild-Hunt-Windows-Pc/dp/B00WTI3SGO

This is about the last straw for me. I'm going to start using other more responsible on retailers.

EDIT: It looks like none of the US online retailers have any of the extras promised by CDP. More dishonesty by them. That really annoys me so much, that I won't bother until it's on sale.

I got it from GOG.com over 6 months ago, when they first rolled out the pre-order discount for owners of the previous titles. (Joke's on me, because GMG now has a pre-order for almost $10 less than that, but I'm fine with having given my money directly to CDPR.)

I'm not certain it'll be fantastic. In fact, I'm fully expecting it to be rough, and I'm worried about the tension between narrative design and CDPR's first "open world" approach. But the prior two were some of my favorite RPGs of the last decade, and I'm a fan of the books (suffering through the sub-standard official English translations, even reading fan translations of the untranslated titles), so I made a conscious decision at some point to extend TW3 and CDPR a whole lot of goodwill. So all of that probably means that my purchase decision and my loyalty are based are on their track record, not on ironclad expectations of TW3.

I got it from GOG.com over 6 months ago, when they first rolled out the pre-order discount for owners of the previous titles. (Joke's on me, because GMG now has a pre-order for almost $10 less than that, but I'm fine with having given my money directly to CDPR.).

That GMG deal is tempting, but the downside of GMG is that sometimes you don't get the key until the day of release which prevents you from being able to preload and play right away.

Back
Top Bottom