XCom2 opinions

So far, all 3 network tower attacks I've done in LW2 have resulted in the reinforcements showing up right about where my first shot was made. I'm pretty sure all 3 were at rookie level, though.

Yeah - though some of the stuff just isn't anywhere in the game. It's "just" a mod, after all, so it isn't always possible to give hints on everything that's going on. The UFOPedia is pretty up to date so you might want to alt-tab to it from time to time.

Thanks for that.

I will be restarting my LW2 campaign. I have had few too many bad missions and some bad choices too.

I think it's important to have early engineer, scientist, supply raid and resistance rescue missions to do well. I also did my tower mission badly and then waited for Advent Strength to creep up too much before doing the main mission to free the region.

Since so many struggle with this product:

Simcopter1 runs periodically streams on this in order to learn how to play. The streams are methodological and interactive and the community eager of learning.

Tornis and Filfthy robot play regularly on legend difficulty and iron man and are open to answer questions.

I think it's important to have early engineer, scientist, supply raid and resistance rescue missions to do well. I also did my tower mission badly and then waited for Advent Strength to creep up too much before doing the main mission to free the region.
You might want to just flat out buy an engineer - though it's expensive.

I still haven't done a supply mission. They always seem to show up with less than a day remaining!

You might want to just flat out buy an engineer - though it's expensive.

I still haven't done a supply mission. They always seem to show up with less than a day remaining!

My current game is going much better.
I managed to liberate my first region, although I did reload part of the network tower mission as I had sent my shinobi way too far and he activated vipers who proceeded to bind him and kill the rest of my team.

It's a good lesson, but I am happy I am not doing a full ironman for LW2.

I think that would be pointless for me, but I do aim not to reload and I have only had to reload one more part of a mission due to a misclick.

EDIT: you need to keep more people on Intel gathering and use the Avenger in that region too. IF you get 4 days, then spend the 25 intel, the mission should be fine with 6 soldiers.

Oh I have been. I've seen missions pop up with 10 days to go! The RNG is just hating on me. I'm sure I'll get a proper one soon enough.

Oh I have been. I've seen missions pop up with 10 days to go! The RNG is just hating on me. I'm sure I'll get a proper one soon enough.

Hmm, I will need to stop playing LW2. I have had two defend haven missions in a row and half all of my resistance members died + my PC cannot handle those missions and I ended up having to reload the game 4-5 times to simply finish the missions due to crashes and freezes.

I will try a bit more, but it if crashes more I will stop.

Found out the story here: several of these missions require no infiltration! When you see the mission details as you outfit your squad, you'll see "rapid response" at the top of the mission details. That means it's an old fashioned tarzan-in mission that starts as soon as you launch.

As for the "attack their supplies" missions:
these have no alien reinforcements. Given that you get to keep everything, that makes this kind of mission a good one to bring a FULL squad into. Do a little infiltration to make sure it isn't completely nuts in there then go in and take on the swarming aliens with a swarm of your own! If you can pull it off, you'll have a big pile of alien bodies to sell as well as the supplies!

Oh well. I have restarted as Rookie for LW2.
Veteran was kicking my ass even with my one reload a mission possibility. Game ramped up really quick all of a sudden.

We'll see how it goes.

Another tactic for the ones where you only have a few days is to send two shinobis to complete the mission.
You should be able to get above 100% infiltration and then pretend it's a stealth game...

You can always ratchet it back up if it gets easy.

You can always ratchet it back up if it gets easy.

I'm getting a gamebreaking bug at the moment. After ending a mission, it doesn't load the promotions screen, but instead shows the underside of the Avenger...

Trying to fix it now.

Too many mods will do that. Typically, you can just quit out of the game, start it back up (takes some time before the game fully stops so you can restart it), reload the last save, and you're good to go.

There's a topic on this on the Pavonis web site (last page) that might help.

That reminds me - I don't recommend that Uniforms mod now. It sounded handy but wasn't as useful as I thought it would be. Plus it messes up the "make utility items available" button when outfitting your squad.

I'm still hoping (and waiting) for that Terror from the Deep inspired DLC/expansion :)

Too many mods will do that. Typically, you can just quit out of the game, start it back up (takes some time before the game fully stops so you can restart it), reload the last save, and you're good to go.

There's a topic on this on the Pavonis web site (last page) that might help.

That reminds me - I don't recommend that Uniforms mod now. It sounded handy but wasn't as useful as I thought it would be. Plus it messes up the "make utility items available" button when outfitting your squad.

Yeah, I have uninstalled the game and will restart a new LW2 game at some point, but instead I am playing some Battle Brothers now.

Sometimes things work out nice.

Sometimes things work out nice.

Nice one.

I have just had the strangest of bugs. Playing with ABA2 I had tons of Chryssalids on a Retaliation mission. Two of my soldiers were about to die to poison so I had them evac.

Now at the end of the mission, they both disappeared from my roster, but aren't showing up in the Memorial either. I am going to replay that mission as that's a shitty thing !

That is odd. I've heard of whole squads being stuck but never just two characters!

There are signs that the 1.3 patch may be showing up in the next few weeks. Lots of re-balancing going on. The enemies should be spread out more (more but smaller pods). They are also adding a smash & grab style mission which looks interesting.

That is odd. I've heard of whole squads being stuck but never just two characters!

There are signs that the 1.3 patch may be showing up in the next few weeks. Lots of re-balancing going on. The enemies should be spread out more (more but smaller pods). They are also adding a smash & grab style mission which looks interesting.

I think I'll be done with XCOM2 for a while after this campaign.

I have played:
1. Veteran XCOM2 Vanilla (20-25 hours + a few start/stops)
2. Commander XCOM2 ABA2 + 5 man starting squad (didn't finish due to LW2 release but must have played 30 hours)
3. LW2 Veteran (30-35 hours before stopping due to gamebreaking bug, but would have lost the campaign)
4. XCOM2 ABA2 (20 hours in now)

So I am getting a bit burned out :D

I will probably play something slightly different before going back to TB combat. Battle Brothers and Expeditions Vikings will be my next games in TB sphere.

I am not sure what to play before those. I might catch up on tv-shows instead maybe.

What is ABA2 ? I did hte vanilla a few times and it was fun but not that hard. I've all but given up on LW2. Just don't like the new mechanics - they are over done.

What is ABA2 ? I did hte vanilla a few times and it was fun but not that hard. I've all but given up on LW2. Just don't like the new mechanics - they are over done.

You should try ABA2 then. It doesn't change any of the main mechanics but adds a lot of enemy variety and difficulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABA stands for "A Better Advent", and it is a mod which brings new aliens variants to the game as well as some new tactics user by them. It seems this mod ramps up the game's difficult.

Also: Pladio, have you finished the game already?

Back
Top Bottom