Wasteland Remaster - New Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some new comparison screenshots for Wasteland Remastered have been posted on Twitter.

Sharing that new Wasteland Remastered keyart felt goooood. It's Friday, right? Let's keep the good times rolling. Here are a couple pre-alpha comparison shots. Honoring the original is critically important to us and our partner @kromestudios
, while updating visuals, audio, etc.

More information.

Now that's what I call a remaster. Looking forward to this.

Have to admit I'm surprised and didn't expect them to remaster it this way.:nod:

This is exciting. One of my top 5 games growing up. Fantastic.

First time seeing the Scorpitron, I almost pooped myself! ;)

At my age now, pooping myself could happen any day. :)

After having played the Bards Tale remaster I am not sure I actually want to play this. The remaster part might be good, but if the underlying gameplay was horrible in BT…

Well, afaik WL1 has an open world at least and probably better world design. But the combat is extremely similar isn't it? And I guess the character system is also pretty bad, especially considering how bad it even was in WL2.

The screens look good. I'm glad they're doing this because I've always wanted to play Wasteland, but it's just too dated for me.

The only thing I don't like is the black circle at the feet of the characters. It makes them look like they're pieces on a board game.

I wonder if they're going to keep combat the same (first-person) or change it.

The screens look good. I'm glad they're doing this because I've always wanted to play Wasteland, but it's just too dated for me. …

Yeah, I never played the original, but I did enjoy the humorous 1990 spin-off, Fountain of Dreams… and still remember those killer clowns, skilled in the martial art of Slap-Fu.
fountain-of-dreams_10.gif

I always wanted to try the original Wasteland, but playing those old games now is a painful experience, so I'm excited for the remaster.

Speaking of FoD, that game is ultra-rare and going for a fortune on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fountain-o...028033&hash=item41ff70d9bb:g:Q5EAAOSwvjtcu7iu
$400 for a used copy in a torn box? Are you kidding me?
Dang, I should consider selling my new and unopened FoD, still shrink-wrapped after all of these years. $$

At my age now, pooping myself could happen any day. :)

I know what you mean. I was in the sock and underwear aisles in a clothing store and the saleslady comes up and asks me, "Boxers or Briefs?" I replied, Depends :D

At least I said it with Poise!

Back
Top Bottom