RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Good move. For some reason, I get the insecure element warning on this thread page (page 21), but not in some other threads.

That is because of Corwin :)
He uses a Skype reference, which is seen as an image and is an http reference.
I will change this later (so Corwin, please do not remove it as in this way I can still test it ;))

Ah, right. Just thought it might be useful to track down any insecure elements still hanging around.

Not that Corwin is an insecure element.

The Corwin issue has been fixed :)

I also noticed that Arhu fixed the issue with the Advanced edito box, transparent screens and some other stuff, so that is great too.

I'm curious - is there not some way to handle insecure links in user posts so they don't register as insecure elements of the site itself. I'm just thinking that it must be a common thing to occur on forums, and I suspect there'd be a way to deal with it.

Yes, I guess it can be done in one or the other way, but have not looked into that yet.

I'm sorry, but since I don't have my old password from July anymore and the emails from password recovery don't reach me somehow, I had to make a new account. Could you delete my old one? The name was Adventuress. Thank you.

I'm curious - is there not some way to handle insecure links in user posts so they don't register as insecure elements of the site itself.
Embedded images are probably the main culprit. Those should now always use the correct (secure in our case) protocol. If the origin page doesn't support https, I suppose the image simply won't display …

The Corwin issue has been fixed :)
It doesn't show an image for me though and the target domain isn't available..?

I also noticed that Arhu fixed the issue with the [..] transparent screens [..]
That wasn't me. :eek:

I'm sorry, but since I don't have my old password from July anymore and the emails from password recovery don't reach me somehow, I had to make a new account. Could you delete my old one? The name was Adventuress. Thank you.
I'll let Myrthos handle that. Other users also reported password reset issues, so you might be able to get your old username back once it's working again.

I'll let Myrthos handle that. Other users also reported password reset issues, so you might be able to get your old username back once it's working again.
That would be even better. Thank you.

For some reason the mail with the link is rejected by some ISPs. It is not related to RPGWatch sending them, as I have tried also sending it from a non RPGWatch mail server and that also bounces back.
I am not really sure what can be done about this. Perhaps it is in the way the message is configured.

@ DRagonfly, If you contact us with the e-mail account registered for Adventuress, I can try to see if I can reset the password for you.

Firefox protested, but I've added an exception for rpgwatch so there.

Firefox only protests if you go straight to "rpgwatch.com", if you go "www.rpgwatch.com" you don't get the security warning.

This holds true for a few mobile browsers as well, strangely not chrome.

the rss feed is no longer functioning. ever since the downtime it will not fetch the site updates.

is this the right place to post this? it seemed like it.

Yes I know. I hope to address this today.

RSS feeds are operational. Be aware though that the address has changed as we now use https:// instead of http://

The issue with getting a blank screen upon being the first to comment on a news post has been resolved.

Must have been a hell of a week. I know how long this stuff takes even when things go smoothly.

thanks for working so hard to get everything sorted with the rss feed. you have the best site for WRPG news.

I have a problem with the forum since the down of the past week. i see all the forum pages without the css style (all background gray, no topleft logo) and the button to switch themes isn't working, this happens only when I'm logged in. If i'm anonymous everything is looking fine.

Another issue after the downtime is that the top link to Locus Inn isn't working anymore, and I get a HTTP ERROR 500.

Have you tried to clear your cache? Or press the shift key while clicking on the page reload link?

And I know about the Locus Inn, I have not spent time on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom