Robin Hood - Builders of Sherwood - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TechRaptor reports on RPG/City Builder Robin Hood - Builders Of Sherwood.​

Oh Merry Meeennnnn!
MeanAstronauts have announced that they are developing and publishing Robin Hood - Builders Of Sherwood, which is a title that combines RPG and city-building elements. The game has you as *gasp* Robin Hood, where you build your own forest camp in Sherwood Forest to eventually drive out the noble class of Nottingham. Check out the blurb:

Robin Hood is an action adventure game combining RPG and City-building elements, where we will play the role of a classic hero to fight to defend the oppressed by tyranny. The game is in a third person perspective. As the king of thieves, we will steal, rob, fight, ride a horse, shoot a bed, help the poor and also develop a forest village and its community. In the game, we will have an open world that we can freely explore.

Players will meet folk legends such as Lady Marion, Little John, Brother Tuck, Allan from the Valley, and Will Scarlet. The main task that the players must accomplish is to build the largest possible community for the outlawed rebels and to look for recruits from the surrounding farms and villages. The player will even recruit from the residents and guards of the city of Nottingham as they move in to take down the nobility of Nottingham.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looks decent actually.
But without ESRB/PEGI M (mature) I refuse to buy it.

Oh, I guess I've heard of this. It doesn't allow you to buy certain stuff you want, right? ;)

Robin Hood: Paved Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot

All jokes aside this ticks some of my boxes. I'll keep an eye on it.

Not sure about the whole "city building" aspect but I have longed for a good Robin Hood game for a long time now.

I bought "Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood" when it was released by Sierra back in -91 and thought that it was a really great and innovative adventure game. I kept hoping for a sequel or a good alternative from some other developer ever since... but nothing promising ever showed up. :-/

Last edited:
Not sure about the whole "city building" aspect but I have longed for a good Robin Hood game for a long time now.

I bought "Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood" when it was released by Sierra back in -91 and thought that it was a really great and innovative adventure game. I kept hoping for a sequel or a good alternative from some other developer ever since… but nothing promising ever showed up. :-/

Same here. I am a big medieval era fan and wish there were more games set in the period that are RPGs. I am also not big on building elements but if they are not too much work I can enjoy them a little.

I'll keep an eye on this.

Building in this trailer looks cool on video. I like the pigs and chicken. Other stuff nah..

Building a bandit stronghold sounds fun and have always liked Robin Hood. Going to follow for sure.

Back
Top Bottom