The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Setting them up that first time takes some effort, but after that it's pretty much smooth sailing. The Shroud Mats sheet gets updated when there are too many scribbles to read it easily. Same story for the Mule Inventory sheet. The character planner printouts spit out once at lvl1 with the very occasional scribble (other than on Rhogu because JM won't allow me to do a character plan on my arty). The character tracker I put together lends itself to updating every two levels, which seems to line up fairly well with when my gear list accumulates enough scribbles to get messy.

All joking aside, it really does come in handy when we're running Friday on Wouldii and someone comes across (for example) a really good set of handwraps for Shadohe. I can grab her sheet and know quickly if I can use them or if I already have better. The other big thing is that I write down the areas a character is running and cross them off as they get done. So, for example, Wouldii would have a note on his sheet: GH: R / E / QQQQQQ / FFF. At this point, everything except the R would be crossed out (since we've done the explorers, walk-ups, and flags, but I still need Jax to finish my rares). Makes it pretty easy to know where each toon is at when we're trying to put a group together.

You do what with what on who when? Good grief! I really think you should volunteer to log on my account, do spread sheets for all the stuff and all the toons, (and you could sort it all if you like) and then just reminded me to update it every day. I may have a few toons not in the guild, but you can do it……..I know you can. :):]:greedy::sweatdrop::sneaky:

Oh kaaay..........I need help.......with all the new stuff it is starting to be a drag remembering what I have for who at what level and who is holding it. You mentioned having a blank draft or copy you could forward. I will pm you my email addy in case you don't still have it. Even a jpeg of one you are using would help. :S:embarrassed::deal:

Sounds all very confusing to me, especially this split screen stuff. Just go with the flow, do what feels right, etc, you know the drill!! :)

That's way more work than I put into it.

I have a single Shroud Mats doc that I update after each Shroud run, and a doc for Aerii's spell list. I also keep the various build files from the planner, though with our slow leveling they've tended to get outdated with all the mechanic changes coming in.

Gear-wise I'm not too concerned about things. I can usually remember if I needed something, though with my coming vacation from DDO I may need a refresher. Oh well, I probably needed a break anyway, since I was getting a bit burned out.

What vacation?? I don't remember you asking for permission to take a vacation!! Have you submitted all the required forms in triplicate? Good grief, these youngsters are certainly getting uppity. In my day we didn't take vacations!! What is this world coming to??!! :)

That's way more work than I put into it.
Well, I have been accused of a certain level of anal retentiveness. Slanderous lies, of course, but it's out there. ;)

Sounds all very confusing to me, especially this split screen stuff. Just go with the flow, do what feels right, etc, you know the drill!! :)
You take a nice steak knife and place it near the center of the screen. Saw liberally. Once you're done with the split screen, tape the halves back together. Although the surety of duct tape will be tempting, the wide grey strips can prove a bit distracting during intense DDO battles. A little Scotch tape works far better.

As a special note, particularly relevant since we're talking about spreadsheets, Excel has a "freeze/unfreeze panes" function that can come in handy as well. Since the commands within the program don't work as expected (damn you, Microsoft, damn you), I recommend getting a large block of ice and setting it on your monitor. Make a cup of tea or two while everything gets good and frosty. Return and do yer thing. Once you're ready to unfreeze, a plasma torch applied to the bottom of the monitor will bring it back to temperature in no time flat.

Engineering is a service organization, and we're pleased to have been of service today.

Quick question. Have my sorc at level 23...not too happy with him in Epic quests, still fairly strong but not the ultimate destroyer he used to be at lower levels. I see it doesn't take much time to get those 20 tokens to get the true reincarnation wood thing to true reincarnate. Does it make sense to do this? Also how long would it take to get back to the epic levels in terms of XP. I got here fairly quickly/easily (mainly solo'd). I don't mind a little grind...I've repeated many of the quests many times. Gianthold tor epic gives me 0 xp now from the grind as well as many others. I'd really like to create some sort of epic killer in the next life if I could. Also it would no longer be a 28pt build...felt like that held me back.

Or does it make sense to create a new 32pt build and save this guy?

I give you a definitive…depends. ;)

I've found that 2nd life works out pretty well content-wise. As a first lifer, you end up skipping quests because you gain levels too quickly. On our Friday toons, we're running everything we want (pretty much everything there is) and doing a fairly good job of XP totals keeping pace with the content, although we're running an elite streak that does inflate the XP some. The 1st life toon Az is running is leveling too quickly. Peter and jm, with 3rd lifers, are having to do some grind outside the session to keep pace (Peter less so, since he buys stacks of XP pots). Wouldii does not have an XP tome running like most of the group and doesn't use XP pots in general, and he's been in good shape to run nearly every quest in the game without having to repeat.

I don't have any 3rd lifers yet, but based on the folks that do it seems to me that your progress with a 2nd lifer won't feel too much different from your progress as a 1st lifer, while progress with a 3rd lifer feels noticeably slower.

The advantage of keeping your sorc is the ability to run different content. I expect any new content released before the next expansion pack will be epic versions of existing quests. If you TR, that new content will be unavailable to you. Similarly, if you start a new toon, you'll be pushing him/her thru the same content you just got done grinding—having a 2nd toon gives you the option to run some other quests for variety.

The downside of starting a new toon is that you'll be opening on normal (rather than hard) and you won't have any "uber" gear stashed away to draw on as you level up. Those are not insignificant downsides. Plus, as mentioned earlier, you'll probably miss a fair bit of content because you level too quickly.

I've got 6 toons, so I can do both approaches at the same time, which means my advice might be a bit suspect. In your situation, I think I'd start a 2nd toon, but that's just me.

I pretty much agree with Dte. I've kept my 1st lifer Wiz at epic level (22, but I rarely play him) just so I can try out some of the epic content. I now have my AA to level 20 and he's a second lifer. I plan to keep him for epic content and once my Wiz reaches either 25, or completes his current epic destiny I will immediately TR him into another Wiz. I like having several toons (7 active) since not only do I enjoy playing the different classes since they make each quest different (ie playing a rogue in a trap heavy quest is a much different experience from playing a caster) also, I have toons at various levels to team up with other guildies on their different level toons.

In Epic, the saving throws of the mobs scale tremendously, to the point that many are now ditching both Enchantment and Necromancy; as well as the Magister ED, and going Evocation Archmage Shiradi, and spamming Magic/Force Missiles and their SLAs. The chance of damage procs in Shiradi means that this is the easiest effective caster build.

Sorcerers are heavily affected because many of their best spells have reflex saves, and the post 20 content features not only huge numbers of high reflex mobs, but many of which have evasion as well. Mine worked out somewhat, but she was also an Enchantress as a secondary function, and could reliably hold non-SR critters on eHard.

In the Lam release notes, there is a thing about an Astral Shard market. Basically, it's a cash AH, with the ability to sell BtC items. There's also a lottery system being put in, you get one free play, with the ability to buy more with shards.

Yes, I've ready about the Shiradi Sorcs, but don't know exactly how to create one. In the epic destinies I have to pick Draconic Reincarnation and the epic destinies within them...how does that work for the Shiradi Sorcs? I haven't found a good post on how to create a human shiradi sorc.

I can always rearrange my spells and a few feats(have a few blood dragons). Maybe I can try that before I make the decision to reincarnate.

Once you reach a certain level in your current destiny, you open up the ability to select another one. 3 levels in a destiny opens up all destinies in the same sphere, so when you get level 3 Draconic, you'll be able to change to Magister or Fate Singer.

On the destinies that have a link to another sphere, once you reach 4 levels in that destiny you gain access to the new sphere's closest destiny. So if you swapped to Fatesinger, and got level 4, you would open up Shadowdancer. 3 levels of Shadowdancer would open up Legendary Dreadnaught, and 4 levels of LD would open up Shiradi Champion.

You can buy Keys of Destiny from the DDO store to open any adjacent destiny instantly.

Unfortunately, you can't create a straight up Shiradi Sorc, not without first leveling as a Ranger, Druid, or Barbarian and taking Shiradi before TRing into a Sorcerer/Wizard.

BTW, Sherwin, if you do start a second toon, I really think you ought to take a look at an artificer. Outside of some of the exotic splash builds like Az likes to create, I really think arty is the best solo class out there. Monk is probably a close second. The arty has good mob spells (turret, blade barrier), self healing (particularly a warforged arty), excellent ranged damage, decent buff spells, lock-n-trap skills, and a solid melee-capable pet to get aggro. Pretty much everything you need to solo, plus enough useful skills to get invited to PUGs if you wish. You can unlock the class for free if you farm out 150 Cannith favor. That might prove difficult--I haven't added it up, but there aren't that many House C quests.

You get favor from the House C challenges as well. In fact, I think you'll pretty much have to 5 star them to get 150 House C favor.

Artificer is pretty fun, and can do just about everything. The only thing is you never get rune arms if you're on an Artificer. You have to get them on other characters.

With the new update I'm very tempted to begin a new character in DDO again - but I've just - nearly - recovered from a heavy flu. This must've been some sort of mutation or so, since it was the heaviest flu I can remember having had.

Nevertheless, I think I'll indeed drop in within the next time occationally, simply out of sheer curiosity. ;)

I've tried creating new characters but after running through some of the quests I've run before I just can't take them anymore. They're still stuck at level 4...all 3 of them(druid/fighter/cleric).

On a side note I completely forgot about Dragon Breath...had that picked out but not in my hotbar...added it. Wow, talk about killing...lined up the white dragon and giant in Tor and hit them for between 2000-3xxxx non crit! I then went and started spamming it all over the place...has a somewhat lengthy cooldown but I have some patience. I try to line up as many enemies as possible and the most I've seen is about a 6xxx hit...not sure if that was a criticial hit either. I do have as many points as possible into everything fire/combustion. One guy told me he got about 12k+ crit a few times. I might just stay and play with this sorc a bit more before I decide what to do with him...a few more war wizard coms and I'll have complete set as well. Only thing I'm missing is a good trinket.

Back
Top Bottom