Favorite Quotes

See! Not stars, they're doors! … There are a million, million worlds - all different, all similar. Constants and variables. There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city.
--Bioshock Infinite

But there's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying `till you run out of cake.
--Portal

Behold! Today is the day weapons learn to walk upright!
--Metal Gear Solid 5

If you don't get away from that thing it will bring down the chopper. Give it the slip somehow.
--ops to Snake as he's trying to run from a giant mech while carrying a paraplegic scientist on his shoulders

And, of course, the classic from Conrad in Mass Effect 2.

Last edited:
Max Payne the thread? Damn right. :)

"I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings"

"Collecting evidence had gotten old a few hundred bullets back."

"The word was out, a virus was released on the city. Something so wicked. Max Payne at large"

"There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask 'Why me?' and 'What if?'. When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you. It would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions"

"The things I want, by Max Payne:
"A smoke. A whiskey. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep, to forget. To change the past. My wife and baby girl back. Unlimited ammo and a license to kill."
But right then, more than anything, I wanted her."

‎"I had killed more cops than cholesterol "

"Death is inevitable. Our fear of it makes us play safe, blocks out emotion. It's a losing game. Without passion you are already dead."

"He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any."

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

"Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you."

"Your past is like pieces of a broken mirror. You try to pick them up, but you only end up cutting yourself"

"Pain is really the only reliable means by which truth may be obtained. Or so I choose to believe."

Did you ever try to put a broken piece of glass back together? Even if the pieces fit, you can’t make it whole again the way it was. But if you’re clever, you can still use the pieces to make other useful things. Maybe even something wonderful, like a mosaic. Well, the world broke just like glass. And everyone’s trying to put it back together like it was, but it’ll never come together in the same way.

Back
Top Bottom