Kingmaker - Patch 1.1 released

@joxer; that's the newest bug introduced with patch 1.1 only if you romance Tristian.

Before, we were getting endless ring dialogues (I think I have more than 20 rings from Tristian via cut scene which was annoying, but now, another dialogue loops which doesn't let you leave your room lol.

But I think the game is in pretty good state now :) and Owlcats are planning to release patch 1.2 near Christmas. Considering the game is huge, I'd say most of people can start playing now since the chap 1 to 3 has been rather bug free since the release.
We need a thread with gamebreaking bugs listed. With workarounds if exist or warnings on not to do something, in this case not to engage one particular romance.
Ok, THQ Nordic is out of their minds. I don't know how they will make this game console compatible. If this is true, I don't have much faith in next Expeditions game either then, because, who know what kind of crazy thing they will push Logic Artists to do.
Actually I take it as good news. The game will have to be patched as much as possible before porting as releasing patches on consoles is not cheap.

Divinity origianl sin managed (never played it with a controller myself); is this game's interface more complex ?

Ok, THQ Nordic is out of their minds. I don't know how they will make this game console compatible. If this is true, I don't have much faith in next Expeditions game either then, because, who know what kind of crazy thing they will push Logic Artists to do.

I've only played two chapters so far, and haven't even finished the second, but I would say this game is way more complex than the Original Sin games. The way the quests are dependant on certain characters being involved, others being timed in ways that you cannot even guess at is enough to give you pause anytime you consider a significant step in the game. It doesn't detract from the game, but it certainly makes you think and consider.

Its not just the complexity of porting I'm concerned about. I don't think this game is for console audience. I'm afraid distrubuting this game in consoles will only result in more negative reviews since colsole folks aren't used this level of complex RPGs. But Nordic probably only interested in short term gain (increase in sale by ditributing it in multiple platforms) and won't care if that will result in Owlcats shutting down.

THQ Nordic is cool. They published ELEX I believe and let Piranha Bytes go to town with their complex RPG, so I trust them to not hinder Owlcat in anything going forward. They were associated with a few other interesting RPGs too if I recall correctly.

Sorry Fluent, I'm still very skeptical this will be a good thing. Instead of bug fixing and working on future content/DLC, Owlcats will be forced to work on console port. And I seriously don't see how Switch port will be a good thing.

Well if Owlcat gets more money for future projects, it can be a good thing. Personally I'm just excited for whatever DLC is to come. Owlcat might not even port and a 3rd party will, hired by THQ Nordic. Dunno. But I think Owlcat's future is bright.

I would say that the results of this console port policy could be either good or bad and remains to be seen. It is a big question mark that only devs and publishers know what path they intend to follow.

What know is that even though niche audience (i.e. "us, hardcore crpg players") is pleased by this game we were not their only target since day one in kickstarter. I'm saying that because from day one they planned the game to be real time with pause instead of turn-based. And when they were questioned about that, they said explicitly that the game would not be TB because it would not please most people, even though the original tabletop game is TB.

With that said, I believe that even if they are targeting a larger audience (see the graphics for instance, it's close to AAA titles), they will not "leave behind" their core audience. Or... it's just my wishful thinking.....:lol:

@joxer; that's the newest bug introduced with patch 1.1 only if you romance Tristian.

Before, we were getting endless ring dialogues (I think I have more than 20 rings from Tristian via cut scene which was annoying, but now, another dialogue loops which doesn't let you leave your room lol.

Ok, another small hotfix and now this bug is fixed:

Cut-scene with Tristian was triggering every time after players tried to get out of the Capital. Resolution: fixed.

Is there any decrease in loading screen time with new patch?

There's a very noticeable speed increase in the main game loading to the menu screen. I think individual loading screens vary from computer to computer. Mine seem to be the same as pre-patch if just a tiny bit faster, but not much. I haven't had a negative experience with loading screens on my new GPU though.

Still hate all load screens in Unity RPG games but this patch does makes them load faster.

There's a very noticeable speed increase in the main game loading to the menu screen. I think individual loading screens vary from computer to computer. Mine seem to be the same as pre-patch if just a tiny bit faster, but not much. I haven't had a negative experience with loading screens on my new GPU though.

I didn't play 1.1 a lot but both saving and loading saves seemed to be faster. Didn't check if kingdom management loads faster. That plus throne room have worst loading time.

Okay, thanks, maybe I'll begin downloading that with GOG Galaxy - it automatically continues stopped downloads. No worries for me about broken downloads anymore.
Plus, I can do that over several days in my spare time.

The sorry state of RPGs at release is one reason why I wait until they're classics before I play them, even after preordering/Kickstarting them... and the second reason is due to my massive backlog.

It does make absolute sense these days to wait quite a bit before diving into games, as I recently relearned the hard way with both this game and Bard's Tale four. This time I shall endeavour to stick to my guns!

The sorry state of RPGs at release is one reason why I wait until they're classics before I play them, even after preordering/Kickstarting them… and the second reason is due to my massive backlog.

It seems especially true for games that were crowdfunded. Kingmaker, Insomnia: The Ark, and Underworld Ascendant were all big disappointments to me in that regard.

At least the patch progress for Kingmaker has been fairly quick. I have a feeling it'll be a significantly longer wait before the other games I mentioned are up to par.

Yeah, the game has game breaking bugs - especially after chapter 3. Yeah, the release date was rushed. But the game is far from a disappointment. The game is great, and for the first time a real sucessor to the baldur's gate franchise. This game is so complex, with a lot of details, amazing art, great story, great music, and it seems to me so unfair when the only thing that people have say about this game is that it is full of bugs and because of that they are disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I was really pissed off when I had a game-breaking bug on my game. But I don't think that this is a reason to give thumbs down on steam. The devs shouldn't have released the game like that, but they are fixing it. All the problems of this game are fixable. On the other hand, there are *a lot* unremarkable games with with higher score on steam and less criticism, seems unfair to me.

Back
Top Bottom