Kingmaker - Building Characters

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is near to its first stretch goal and has a new update on building and developing characters.

Pathfinder builds character: A look at our Character Sheet

Dear Pathfinders,

Creating and developing your character is one of the pillars of any RPG, be it a computer game or pen-and-paper gaming. Most beginners find this process very complicated. A lot of them make their first characters with the help of experienced friends learning the rules, tricks, and nuances on the way. The Pathfinder Role Playing Game provides a deep, rich and complex system for character generation, which allows creating characters, which are interesting to play with, follow archetypes players want and feel useful not only in battle but also in exploration or social interactions. These characters could be quite simple, consisting of just one class, skills, and feats selected from recommended lists and some class features; or characters could be a complex build from several classes, each of them modified with archetypes, complete with carefully picked skills, traits, feats, and spells from myriad of rulebooks and equipment that complements the character's strengths.
[...]
More information.

Looking kinda good in that everything is visible and orderly. I like when I need but a glance to gauge information.

A lot of the text appears to be pretty small, so it may prove difficult to read for some. Hopefully they'll try to accommodate players with poor vision and/or the color blind.

Looks good indeed. And looks like a good adaptation from the system. Just kind of don't understand the martial tab.

Martial tab is a combat stat screen. It essentially tells you the non-magic combat capacity of the character.

I think it looks delightful - and I'm impressed with the Class tab.

Yea the UI looks amazing. Best one I seen yet in a cRPG.

Yep, I'm liking the look of this more and more after each update.

I hope the surrounding UI texture/graphics get better though - not the dull 'wood panel' or solid panels of PoE and similar. I loved the original Forgotten Realms stone and gold/silver inlay look. But the UI information presented is great.

I guess they will announce new stretch goals soon enough.

Hope it wont be some bs like an Owlcat pet.

I didn't pledge, but I'll probably buy this before waiting for a discount :) I want to play when the rest of you are playing.

Damn. These developers continue to deliver with every update. I'm really impressed by their design choices as well as their communication.

If they deliver on this game I reckon they will be able to raise millions in their next Kickstarter, the only thing holding them back currently is probably that they haven't established themselves as a trustworthy developer. I sure hope they'll prove that they are.

Come on people, let's throw some more money at them!

Back
Top Bottom