Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Races - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Races

Default Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Races

August 14th, 2020, 19:18
The licence holders of TDE should let Larian do the next TDE RPG.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 14th, 2020, 20:36
Heh, I agree about the gnomes. Funny to see others feel the same way.
I never have liked the fantasy trope of the gnomes being mechanically inclined either. I was never a fan of gnomes, in general, in fantasy/D&D.

That said, I don't agree about halflings. I like halflings in the game, just so there is another small humanoid race, and not just the dwarves.

Speaking of variety, I also would like it if they had put in high elf and wood elf. Yea, I know that is not an original D&D race but I have come to like those different elf branches seen in other rpg games. Where the high elf are usually regal, elite types and magic users/wizards while the wood elf is like a ranger kind of, but closer to a secretive type of nature loving elf race. I do like the elven race, in general, its a staple of fantasy I think.

Updated: DUH, I just watched the video and saw they are putting in both the high elf and the wood elf, so that is awesome. I should watch the video first next time, lol

I do think they missed a trick by not putting in what is a traditional D&D race in the Half-Orc. For example, I think you could play a half-orc in Baldur's Gate if I recall correctly. It just is an interesting off the wall type race and I like variety.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Last edited by Arkadia7; August 14th, 2020 at 21:08.

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

August 15th, 2020, 03:22
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Updated: DUH, I just watched the video and saw they are putting in both the high elf and the wood elf, so that is awesome. I should watch the video first next time, lol

I do think they missed a trick by not putting in what is a traditional D&D race in the Half-Orc. For example, I think you could play a half-orc in Baldur's Gate if I recall correctly. It just is an interesting off the wall type race and I like variety.
Yeah I remember you could play as an half-orc in the Baldur's Gate games. Shame you can't play as a troll also but that race never gets any love except in MMO's like Warcraft.

Link - https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Half-orc
--
"I've been told my tastes in games is shitty. Instead of getting offended I agree. As most new games are shitty. So I counter and ask you is everyone's taste shitty then?" - Old Grognard

Old Grognard

Jaded Old-Timer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

August 15th, 2020, 06:33
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
The only question is can you play multi player like in the first two and make your entire party? Because I will have six Githyanki.
Since you brought up the Githyanki. I remember them being in NWN 2, and it even had a playable female Githyanki companion. To bad Obsidian didn't allow you to play as one.

Link - https://nwn2.fandom.com/wiki/Zhjaeve
--
"I've been told my tastes in games is shitty. Instead of getting offended I agree. As most new games are shitty. So I counter and ask you is everyone's taste shitty then?" - Old Grognard

Old Grognard

Jaded Old-Timer

+1:

August 15th, 2020, 06:37
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
The licence holders of TDE should let Larian do the next TDE RPG.
That would be an ideal match since nothing good has been made since the Drakensang games. Though Blackguard and Demonicon did an okay job. The Ip deserves better.
--

Old Grognard

Jaded Old-Timer

August 16th, 2020, 09:11
Another race I'd love to play is a Genasi, I love specially wind ones, and Larian is heavy into the elemental stuff. Hope it'll make it in at some point. Also, if there is Tiefling, there needs to be Aasimar!
Last edited by Nereida; August 16th, 2020 at 09:36.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

August 16th, 2020, 09:59
What, no half-ork berserking? :/

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

August 18th, 2020, 02:55
Originally Posted by Old Grognard View Post
Thank you I'm proud to be racist as you see I'm a troll.
Nope. Look at the cover of the original Monster Manual. No tusks, long nose… I'm guessing an ogre magi that's missing his horn. In fact, I think I see a little scarring on your forehead!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

August 18th, 2020, 03:02
Never said I was a native troll of the D&D setting now did I?

Then again I probably have some ogre or orc genes in the family line.
--

Old Grognard

Jaded Old-Timer

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Races