Wasteland 3 - Final Countdown - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 3 - Final Countdown

Default Wasteland 3 - Final Countdown

August 25th, 2020, 20:27
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
More to the point, it doesn't make it a pioneer.
Yeah I never said it wasn't and I already agreed with you.

It didn't pioneer the genre but later on Fallout re-invented the setting. I'm sure you've heard of spiritual successors that try to be different from what inspired it right?

That's probably why I can understand wolfgrimdark's post.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

August 25th, 2020, 20:50
At least a new Wasteland game brings with it the question of what's going to happen. A new Fallout game is simply regurgitated Supermutants, raiders, and zombies amidst clunky gameplay.

$60 is a lot for this; despite wanting to support inXile, I'm thinking I may wait for a sale.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

August 25th, 2020, 21:04
As Kordanor mentioned should've backed it on fig it was only $25 then.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

August 25th, 2020, 21:21
Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda! I'm in no rush

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

+1:

August 25th, 2020, 22:50
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I enjoyed my gameplay and I never understood why so many people here didn't.
In the recent RPGWatch Game of the Decade, Wasteland 2 came 5th, which is pretty much as good as it gets. Even coming fifth, only one in three Watchers voted for it.

This tells us two things. Firstly, that you should be used to people not liking *latest RPG*, whatever it is and that any adverse reaction to any game is no longer of any particular surprise.

Secondly, that the fact of the matter is that someone like @Stingray actually has more of a justifiable reason for asking why so many people liked it rather than the reverse as, in reality, only two games from the entire last decade are more universally liked than Wasteland 2 on RPGWatch. So your statement reads a bit like "I can't understand why Avengers Endgame wasn't liked by more people", it's just an odd statement to both think of and communicate because it would be very difficult to imagine it being more popular than it already is.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

August 25th, 2020, 23:38
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
No shit!!!
More fiber!
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 25th, 2020, 23:42
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Pro-Hint: You can read the manual already
I'm expecting a Korandor review of this sucker eventually. Don't let your fans down.
Ich drucke Ihnen die Daumen.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 26th, 2020, 00:42
Wasteland predates Fallout by almost a decade, so saying Wasteland pioneered the genre is correct, regardless of how you feel about the relative merits of the two series. Fallout was literally orginally developed as a sequel to Wasteland.
Ah I only looked up Wasteland 2 in WIKI for release date. My error and no idea why my brain didn't bother to check wasteland 1. So I thought FO predated. Well it does W2 just not W1.

I stand rightfully corrected and now it makes sense. I just never heard of wasteland before all the hype of W3 recently while FO I was very familiar with.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

August 26th, 2020, 03:19
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Ah I only looked up Wasteland 2 in WIKI for release date. My error and no idea why my brain didn't bother to check wasteland 1. So I thought FO predated. Well it does W2 just not W1.

I stand rightfully corrected and now it makes sense. I just never heard of wasteland before all the hype of W3 recently while FO I was very familiar with.
Wasteland was a big deal to 17 year old me back in the '80s because it was one of the first RPGs to have encounters that weren't strictly combat, becaue it was one of the first where you used skills and attributes to do things (like a strength check to break out of bonds), and because of the paragraph book. It was, IIRC, the first such game that I played, and maybe that ever came out. That was hilariously and exceedingly exciting to me at the time.
Last edited by JFarrell71; August 26th, 2020 at 03:38.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

August 26th, 2020, 05:12
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
(…) So your statement reads a bit like "I can't understand why Avengers Endgame wasn't liked by more people", it's just an odd statement to both think of and communicate because it would be very difficult to imagine it being more popular than it already is.
I apologize if I my previous question sounded too petulant, surely it was not my intention. What I meant was: I liked Wasteland 2 while a lot of people here, over the years, have said many times they didn't. I'm OK with that, of course, but… could I be failing to see why WL2 is not that good? Perhaps due to the fact that I have a thing for tactical squad games.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; August 26th, 2020 at 17:20. Reason: Typo fixed

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

August 26th, 2020, 05:28
Wasteland was a big deal to 17 year old me back in the '80s because it was one of the first RPGs to have encounters that weren't strictly combat, becaue it was one of the first where you used skills and attributes to do things (like a strength check to break out of bonds), and because of the paragraph book. It was, IIRC, the first such game that I played, and maybe that ever came out. That was hilariously and exceedingly exciting to me at the time.
Cool story bro. I feel the same way for Fallout and Baldur's Gate. They were my very first PC RPGs I ever played. Before that I was only a console only gamer at that time.

Though I have to admit I never played the first Wasteland game. As I'm a shallow gamer who needs a certain level of graphics to enjoy a game. I did try the re-mastered version.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

August 26th, 2020, 09:41
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post

If you're ever thinking about giving the series a try, and are interested in seeing how it started, they recently remastered Wasteland 1. It's still visually simplistic compared to modern games, but it's a significant improvement over the original.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8…nd_Remastered/

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

August 26th, 2020, 15:30
Two more days till release…Yep I will continue to countdown.

Were finally nearing the Final Countdown.

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 3 - Final Countdown