More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2020, 23:17
Watched CohhCarnage play this on his Twitch stream. I will pass on this one. It is a repetitive nightmare. No thank you. I like to feel like I am progressing. This game puts you back at the beginning each successful and unsuccessful stage. No thanks!

Luethar

Watcher
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2020, 23:58
This is a pretty addictive roguelike. A bit too actiony for my poor little fingers, but it gets a stamp of approval for fun gameplay and the itching feeling of "just one more run".

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2020, 00:14
Originally Posted by Luethar View Post
Watched CohhCarnage play this on his Twitch stream. I will pass on this one. It is a repetitive nightmare. No thank you. I like to feel like I am progressing. This game puts you back at the beginning each successful and unsuccessful stage. No thanks!
No big deal if it isn't for you, but I am not AT ALL usually a fan of repeating stuff in games and I love Hades. I felt a steady sense of progression. It's just not necessarily geographical progression.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

September 23rd, 2020, 02:36
I love the idea of this game, but I do not have the hand/eye reflexes that I did twenty years ago. I'd kinda have to agree with Nereida that it's a bit "too actiony" for me, but man, does it look good and still manage to be fun. I just suck at it.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2020, 06:25
Originally Posted by FurtiveNyctophile View Post
I love the idea of this game, but I do not have the hand/eye reflexes that I did twenty years ago. I'd kinda have to agree with Nereida that it's a bit "too actiony" for me, but man, does it look good and still manage to be fun. I just suck at it.
I am far, far better with up close and personal weapons like the sword with a healthy dose of dashing.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2020, 07:11
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I am far, far better with up close and personal weapons like the sword with a healthy dose of dashing.
Most succesfull run by far I had with spear and increased attack speed. Worst results with bow and arrow. Cant aim I guess :-)

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2020, 14:59
A big thing is to get the right boons for the weapon you select. Like having a deflect boon for you bow specialů So yeah, besides your own and your character's skills it is also plain luck.

(Of course it has repetition. It's a rogue-like.)

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2020, 15:26
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
A big thing is to get the right boons for the weapon you select. Like having a deflect boon for you bow specialů So yeah, besides your own and your character's skills it is also plain luck.

(Of course it has repetition. It's a rogue-like.)
There's definitely luck, but if you know which gods give which types of boons you can seek them out. If I really wanted to combo a certain boon with a certain weapon, I'd often equip one of the artifacts that guaranteed boons of a certain god. You can always just swap it out after the first floor if you no longer need it.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hades - Review @ IGN