|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - Preview @ Slanted

Default Solasta - Preview @ Slanted

October 28th, 2020, 16:18
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
ftfy
hahaha! Good one!

Playing to too many different games these days has clouded my mind ;-)

vanedor

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

October 28th, 2020, 17:32
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
@gabrielarantest
Yeah, 10 hours in EA. You've done alright getting 30 out of it!
I don't know what I do differently but I always take twice the time (or more) to complete a cRPG than the average player. Maybe I spend too much time sorting my inventory? Idk… PF:K for instance, I think it took me 200+ hours to beat…

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

October 28th, 2020, 18:33
I do the same thing. I do it in real life, too.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

October 28th, 2020, 18:55
Just finished it. Even at this unfinished stage, it was a lot of fun. I think it's going to be better than ToEE. Can't wait for the full game. I just hope it's not going to be one of those titles that sits in EA for a year or longer.

I also hope the current EA doesn't represent 1/2 the game like some people are saying. If so, it's not going to be a very long game. Considering how many places were shown on the map though, I think the full game is going to be significantly longer than 2x the current build.

There were a few things I couldn't figure out in the Bone Keep. Not sure if I missed something or if it was just due to the current unfinished nature of the game. In the room where you stand on the marked tiles to open various doors, there was one I could never open. It looked like a large cage in the center of the room. Anyone manage to get in there?

Also, near the very end, there's a camp/rest area I could see but couldn't figure out how to reach.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

October 28th, 2020, 21:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I think the full game is going to be significantly longer than 2x the current build.
I read their update today and it seems that the EA covers their first chapter and the game will have 3 chapters at launch.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
It looked like a large cage in the center of the room. Anyone manage to get in there?

Also, near the very end, there's a camp/rest area I could see but couldn't figure out how to reach.
One of my party members spawned in this cage after I did something wrong with the puzzle. Nothing interesting in there.

I was able to get to some places using the misty step and the fly spells. Maybe you can try using one of those.

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

November 1st, 2020, 13:57
Misty Step is a great spell and it got me to a few secret spots. It also bugged my party once and I had to reload.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

November 1st, 2020, 19:05
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Misty Step is a great spell and it got me to a few secret spots. It also bugged my party once and I had to reload.
There were a couple of times I used Misty Step to reach a spot but then found I had no way to get my mage back to the rest of the group.

I found an exploit you can use when that happens though. If you're close to an area where a cut-scene is triggered, just have the rest of the party trigger the cut-scene, and everyone will be grouped together again afterwards.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - Preview @ Slanted