Skyrim - Holds: The City Overhaul Mod - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Holds: The City Overhaul Mod

Default Skyrim - Holds: The City Overhaul Mod

April 15th, 2016, 06:12
Eurogamer talks about Holds: The City Overhaul for Skyrim. The mod itself has spent three and a half years in development. Reddit user Thallassa has a two part review here.

A big (4GB) fan-made modification for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, that overhauls cities and even adds new settlements, has arrived after nearly three-and-a-half years' work.

Holds: The City Overhaul rebuilds Falkreath, Winterhold and Dawnstar from scratch, fleshing out the cities with more buildings, more people, and more background and history - more personality, in other words. The other holds, such as Whiterun and Solitude, have also had work done to them.

"The aim of all of this is to create a more memorable and diverse experience," wrote the mod's author, Galandil, on Nexus Mods, "making the cities actually feel like cities hopefully without ruining the natural and realistic design of the vanilla game.

loading…

loading…

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
+1:

April 15th, 2016, 08:02
This mod with an Open Cities structure would be a delight… alas

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

April 15th, 2016, 08:22
I prefer my cities small, unrealistic and cosy!

souha13

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 15th, 2016, 17:52
Looks awesome but after nearly 1000 hours skyrim is shelved.
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

April 15th, 2016, 19:37
I'm sure it's impressive, as are many of Skyrim's mods, but since it's a console game it already has too much loading and load times, and when you play with tons of mods, those load times get even longer. Last time I played with a boatload of mods installed the loading was very noticeably longer and pretty much killed the fun.

IF I ever fire up Skyrim again, it'll be with very few mods installed to keep the performance/loading at levels that don't increase sanity loss.

Voqar

PC Gaming Snob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 15th, 2016, 21:21
I've never had long load times with Skyrim, even with lots of mods installed. Depends on your machine, I guess.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

+1:

April 15th, 2016, 21:44
I've played Skyrim long enough, seen most of it, won't install it for some new and better cities.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

April 16th, 2016, 00:06
This looks cool, but I'll be playing other things until Enderal gets released. Still pretty excited about that one. I wonder if it will pair well with any of the survival mods, as I would like to play with that kind of mechanic next time.

Alaric

Watcher
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Holds: The City Overhaul Mod