Decent looking gaming mouse

hi @Ripper;, no not too personal a question, I appreciate the concern. The answer is yes and currently a super accurate, speed tunable ’classic’ mouse is still best.

Ah, good. I hope this Kickstarter delivers a good solution - it looks like a pretty solid project.

I use the 2400 DPI VicTsing silent mouse which has a very comfortable grip and satin texture. Its very smooth and supports multiple DPI levels. Ridiculously cheap at $15.99. I'm finding that throwing more money at mice is a waste.

UTB8dcTucFPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaa.jpg

I use the 2400 DPI VicTsing silent mouse which has a very comfortable grip and satin texture. Its very smooth and supports multiple DPI levels. Ridiculously cheap at $15.99. I'm finding that throwing more money at mice is a waste.

UTB8dcTucFPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaa.jpg

To each their own, as it would be said. My family can't fathom me spending 80+ € on a mechanical keyboard the same way I can't understand them using a membrane keyboard. Same is with mice.

The mouse on the Kickstarter page is very well presented and I didn't go into many details about it, but if it would help OP, hopefully they will reach the goal.

A knight's most important item is their sword. A soldier's most important item is their firearm. A runner's most important item is their shoes. A couch potato's most important is his couch. A gamer's most important item is their interface.

I just think if it's something you use for hours every day, why cheap out on it?

If someone can find a great deal and works for them, excellent. But when I get a cheaper mouse/keyboard I find that:

MOUSE
- The buttons aren't optimally placed (a slight twitch of the hand presses the wrong button. you you can't pick up the mouse easily without squeezing a button)
- The scroll wheel doesn't have enough resistance
- The scroll wheel is cheap and wears out quickly
- The scroll wheel is too sensitive when it's set as a button
- The weight is too light or too heavy
- The glide surface is cheap and wears quickly or doesn't move over other surfaces well
- The wireless response is spotty
- The cables wear internally and get connection issues
- The buttons don't respond unless you put pressure in the right place
- The USB dongles wear out or break too easy
KB
- It's impossible to clean properly
- It slides too easy
- The buttons don't have a good feel (they have too much weight or too much side flex
- The buttons eventually lose connection responsiveness (having to press some buttons twice).
- The keyboard feet are cheaply made and break easy
- The buttons aren't optimum placed

And the nice thing about spending a few extra bucks, usually means they're more customizable. The best peripherals are not the ones you use for a few weeks and think "hey these are pretty good!", they're actually the ones you use for weeks and forget that you've even been using them, because there's nothing nagging about them that breaks your concentration.

hi @Ripper;, no not too personal a question, I appreciate the concern. The answer is yes and currently a super accurate, speed tunable ’classic’ mouse is still best.

Don't know details about your situation, but our users at work who have hand and wrist issues constantly request us to order the Rollernouse. I can't personally vouch for them on a day to day basis, but I do know it took a couple minutes for me to use it as effectively as a regular mouse. However they're also pretty damn expensive. I can't see how to game with them well either.

Don't know details about your situation, but our users at work who have hand and wrist issues constantly request us to order the Rollernouse. I can't personally vouch for them on a day to day basis, but I do know it took a couple minutes for me to use it as effectively as a regular mouse. However they're also pretty damn expensive. I can't see how to game with them well either.

Thank you, ill check @Caddy;

A knight's most important item is their sword. A soldier's most important item is their firearm. A runner's most important item is their shoes. A couch potato's most important is his couch. A gamer's most important item is their interface.

I just think if it's something you use for hours every day, why cheap out on it?

If someone can find a great deal and works for them, excellent. But when I get a cheaper mouse/keyboard I find that:

MOUSE
- The buttons aren't optimally placed (a slight twitch of the hand presses the wrong button. you you can't pick up the mouse easily without squeezing a button)
- The scroll wheel doesn't have enough resistance
- The scroll wheel is cheap and wears out quickly
- The scroll wheel is too sensitive when it's set as a button
- The weight is too light or too heavy
- The glide surface is cheap and wears quickly or doesn't move over other surfaces well
- The buttons don't respond unless you put pressure in the right place
KB
- It's impossible to clean properly
- It slides too easy
- The buttons don't have a good feel (they have too much weight or too much side flex
- The buttons eventually lose connection responsiveness (having to press some buttons twice).
- The keyboard feet are cheaply made and break easy
- The buttons aren't optimum placed

And the nice thing about spending a few extra bucks, usually means they're more customizable. The best peripherals are not the ones you use for a few weeks and think "hey these are pretty good!", they're actually the ones you use for weeks and forget that you've even been using them, because there's nothing nagging about them that breaks your concentration.

This is very well said! All of the points you've brought up are a perfect example of why I don't think giving a little bit extra on what you're using every day is a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom