Grotesque game info

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
I was searching the database here when I came across Grotesque.
http://grotesque-game.com/cms/content/blogsection/1/60/lang,en/

It looks good except I'm wary about this comment about their gameplay in the overview section:
whilst the strategic battle systems such as UI and Handling do resemble those in RPGs like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, this is simply to enable RPG gamers to get an introduction to the game quickly and without frustration..

I don't really need a simple intro into a CRPG and hope they didn't make it too "simple". Other than that it sounds like a game that could be fun. Especially since they're comparing it to Baldurs Gate/Gothic with Planescape: Torment/Fallout style humor.

This is the first I've heard anything about this game, guess I wasn't paying attention when you guys posted news about it :( Anyways, I read in their forums that they're hoping for a summer/fall release in 2009, is this still the plan? Will this be the just the Dutch language release or English as well? Thanks in advance.

Is Grotesque still being developed? First time I heard about it must be several years ago. I still think it looks a bit interesting, very Gothic inspired, but I honestly believe I'll never actually get to play it.

It's still in development, even for multiple platforms. The devs are doing a lot of contract work in between though, to keep the project self-funded. Good for business negotiations. ;)

The game's focus is always moving. No idea what they're aiming for now.

Good for business negotions, but bad for releasing it in a timely fashion;)

Anyways thanks for the heads up on it. I'll add it to my "Don't hold my breath" list along with Darksun: Online and Grimiore. Although, I think this one has a slightly better chance at getting released than Grimiore does.

Back
Top Bottom