What games are you playing now?

@Darth Tagnan; Very much doubt it. Just to be sure i watched a "let's play" of someone who just goes directly to the places he's supposed to, it took him 2h before Sir Markvart appears outside the fort/whatever (that you escape to). Then there's the whole ordeal of burying your parents after that which includes some fighting (one which i probably spent 20 mins on and leveled a lot of stuff, seemed like a good idea).

@Darth Tagnan; Very much doubt it. Just to be sure i watched a "let's play" of someone who just goes directly to the places he's supposed to, it took him 2h before Sir Markvart appears outside the fort/whatever (that you escape to). Then there's the whole ordeal of burying your parents after that.

When I say it can be done in an hour - it obviously means if you rush it, and that includes skipping cutscenes and such.

But I'm absolutely certain it can be done in that kind of timeframe. Maybe 1.5 hours if there's something glaring I'm forgetting.

But why does it even matter?

Played the Division 2 beta briefly, and I like what I see.

But I was mentally 100% exhausted yesterday - so I wasn't in my right mind.

It certainly looks the part - but most of what they've improved are in terms of mechanics and longevity.

That said, the Snowdrop engine remains one of the most - if not THE most - visually pleasing engines.

Certainly, in terms of detail, textures and fidelity - it's completely unmatched. You have to look twice sometimes before you remember it's not a real city you're walking around in.

The lighting at night is just beyond everything else.

When I say it can be done in an hour - it obviously means if you rush it, and that includes skipping cutscenes and such.

But I'm absolutely certain it can be done in that kind of timeframe. Maybe 1.5 hours if there's something glaring I'm forgetting.

But why does it even matter?

Well if it doesn't matter then why is everyone so obsessed with the idea that it's doable in around 1h ;) It's not. Whatever. Believe what you want or give a source where someone does it in around 1h.

Well if it doesn't matter then why is everyone so obsessed with the idea that it's doable in around 1h ;) It's not. Whatever. Believe what you want or give a source where someone does it in around 1h.

It seems people are just pointing out that you don't know what the hell you're talking about because you keep spouting ignorance :)

You're clearly the sort of person who's uncomfortable enough with the possibility of being wrong in public that you'd rather invent reasons for being right - whether they relate to reality or not.

I doubt it's much of an obsession for anyone else.

I'm certainly done with that particular topic.

It seems people are just pointing out that you don't know what the hell you're talking about because you keep spouting ignorance :)

You're clearly the sort of person who's uncomfortable enough with the possibility of being wrong in public that you'd rather invent reasons for being right - whether they relate to reality or not.

I doubt it's much of an obsession for anyone else.

I'm certainly done with that particular topic.

No, i was just curious if it's really the case, can it be done in 1h? That's why i didn't go by just my own experience, i decided to look up a let's play video of someone else playing (who seemed to know what he was doing). I'm not the least butthurt if it takes me more time than usual, why would that matter to me? just a strange thing to lie about how long it takes to finish the linear part.

No, i was just curious if it's really the case, can it be done in 1h? That's why i didn't go by just my own experience, i decided to look up a let's play video of someone else playing (who seemed to know what he was doing). I'm not the least butthurt if it takes me more time than usual, why would that matter to me? just a strange thing to lie about how long it takes to finish the linear part.

Sure vurt :)

In any case, I hope you enjoy the game.

In hundreds of hours playing never had a crash in win 7. I suspect it is a problem with your system - either old ddl or ram ?

I don't know much about PC spec but hubby checked and said my system is fine...

I'm also still playing Destiny 2 with hubby - I reached max level yesterday, pretty good fun :D

I do understand that certain people here praise KC as the Next Best Thing, but honestly, I couldn't dig this game either. Played for about 30 hours and uninstalled in total disappointment and anger. In fact, KC was one of those two recent games that angered me so much, I had to periodically rage-quit to keep my sanity in check (FYI, the other one was Obra Dinn).

Don't worry about that, I was also confused with praise Dragon Dogma and Dragon Quest 11 received. It's a matter of how much of grinding triggers one's breakpoint and training to accept outdated UI/savesystem designs I guess.

I need to say I've finished the KC game immediately after release, which means when it was in state where every quest had at least one bug - yet I've voted for it on goty as regardless of being Skyrimlike when it comes to brokeness, unlike the very same Skyrim, it had an engaging story and awsome sidequests plus the developer didn't leave it in pisspoor state tossed to modders but is trying to patch everything.

How do the youngsters put it git gud. KC is not a jack of all trades like the Elder Scrolls. The developer went for a realistic take on a simulation of actually living in the 1400's.'
I need to say I've finished the KC game immediately after release, which means when it was in state where every quest had at least one bug - yet I've voted for it on goty as regardless of being Skyrimlike when it comes to brokeness, unlike the very same Skyrim, it had an engaging story and awsome sidequests plus the developer didn't leave it in pisspoor state tossed to modders but is trying to patch everything.
Every game nowadays and crowdfunded games have countless bugs. Still like you I voted for it on our GOTY poll against the other contenders. Loved the setting.

Hope more developers make historical RPGs instead of tolkien fantasy. Someone get a hold of Bernard Cornwell and get the rights to make RPGs based on his novels.

KC is not a jack of all trades like the Elder Scrolls. The developer went for a realistic take on a simulation of actually living in the 1400's.

That was the hype for me, and unfortunately, I wasn't satisfied. At all.

Besides:
This "living in the 1400's" is total bollocks anyway. As if the developers knew. As if ANYONE knew what was it like.
No. This is just yet another romantic medieval power fantasy, never to be mistaken as an accurate historic lecture.

By the way: do we need accurate simulations in our power fantasy games?

I really can't believe how stupid some of the design choices in KC are and why the hell it's not addressed yet.

The herb collecting animation. Why? How fun to watch a 3 second animation perhaps 50 times in a row.. At least give the player an option to turn this shit off, it's not immersive since it takes you out of the first person view. Is this picking really so interesting that we have to see a separate animation of it? Maybe the designers have some strange fetish, i personally don't care for it, it's picking a fucking herb, it doesn't need an animation.

Looting or sitting etc - press E, then press ESC to get out. Uh, why not simply press E again instead of having to reach for a new key? Really annoying when you want to quickly e.g go through perhaps 20 corpses to loot (that you want to make sure you have looted). It's overall just a tedious and slow way to implement such a simple thing.

Henry White-Boy can't Jump. I've gotten completely stuck when exploring because of how he can just jump like 10 cm. Having to reload because of such a stupid thing is not fun. How is this not fixed? Even crossing certain small slopes can sometimes be extremely difficult and he has to take another route. This would be very immersive, if it was a wheelchair simulator.

Henry has sensitive feet. If he falls 10 cm he screams like he just died. This gets old pretty quick when exploring.

The game has wonderful atmosphere and the best nature graphics i've seen, at least in a RPG. The quests are often very annoying. E.g find spade (how exciting.. a spade, but ok), next quest - find a spade.. how.. imaginative.. and boy i really love searching a whole town for this super rare tool (which obviously should be in every residence, but nope, super rare stuff - bit of nitpicking, but there ya go).

Still playing Kenshi but also dabbling in a few other games as well. Trying to get into The Long Journey Home which is sort of like a Star Control 2 type of game. Also played a bit of Sid Meier's Pirates! for the first time, and I liked it. Also dabbled a bit with Distant Worlds: Universe which is going to take a lot of time and effort to learn, and a bit of x3 Terran Conflict as I am looking for a space game I can really get into like Kenshi (I heard x3 was close to Kenshi in terms of freedom and freeform exploration, which is why I bought it.) Also purchased a few other games I haven't played yet, but I think my next real "delving into" will be The Long Journey Home.

Damn that's a lot of games @TheRealFluent;. How do you find the time to play them all? Also don't change as we already have to many elitists hardcore RPGers on this forum.:nod:

yet another romantic medieval power fantasy
You've fallen into eurogamer's trap. They've basically reviewed the game without playing it whole, most probably based on the tutorial area.

At least complete all executioner's sidequests then write it's romantic or romanticized fantasy. There is a mass of more stuff like that - if you need to be spoiled about one, google for Judas achievement.

On the other hand, it's possible killing people is romantic to you.

I tried hard but I'm finally starting to get a grasp on Endless Space 2. And I'm really liking it :)

Last edited:
I keep running into some tougher opponents in Empire, I've switched out the beginning healer type for one that I picked up later, hoping her talents will stay the course and keep us alive. I've not had to grind at all yet in this game, but I have had some really close fights with top tier opponents at the end of a zone.

Damn that's a lot of games @TheRealFluent;. How do you find the time to play them all? Also don't change as we already have to many elitists hardcore RPGers on this forum.:nod:

Dunno, I've been just nibbling on the other games besides Kenshi lately. But I think I'll devote a lot of time to The Long Journey Home next, to play along with Kenshi. Kenshi I'm deep into, the others I just bought and am trying out to see what to play next. I've been looking for a good space game so I thought I'd try some of them to see which one sticks. They are all good but also require a heavy time investment so I have to pick one, for now it's TLJH.

Back
Top Bottom