What games are you playing now?

Playing Railway Empires, took me a bit to figure out how the rail system works but now that I got it, having fun with the campaign.

I bought the old NES and currently enjoying Bubble Bobbles, Super Mario 3 and various other old games. Aaahhh… the sweet nostalgia :)

Bubble Bobble on Gameboy was my childhood! Haha. Love that game. The boss fights were especially fun. Super Mario 3, too. So many secrets in that game, like the Tanuki Suit, etc.! Hope you enjoy! :)

Personally I found diablo/diablo 2 ok but nothing special and hellgate london complete garbage. I liked titan quest. I played around 10 hours of grim dawn and decided to wait for the explansions (second one is out later this year). It seemed much more quest oriented but i haven't played enough to form a solid opinion. I never bothered with diablo 3 because i found diablo 2 so mundane. That's just me - but i guess you all felt differnt.

Diablo 3 was just a blast to play in combat. The customization of spells/skills was nice to craft your playstyle, and combat was fast, furious, gorgeous and just plain fun. What bothered me was the intense stat stuff and inventory management. Lately that gets on my nerves too much. I don't want to calculate DPS to 4 or 5 digits and spend an hour sorting inventory and selling gear, I just want to play and keep it simple. But for combat, that game was just a blast to play for me. Much better than Diablo 2 IMO (which I haven't played since release.)

Bubble Bobble on Gameboy was my childhood! Haha. Love that game. The boss fights were especially fun. Super Mario 3, too. So many secrets in that game, like the Tanuki Suit, etc.! Hope you enjoy! :)

Thanks, Fluent! Yep, having immense fun :) and welcome back!!!

Bubble Bobble, I have rather special memories of that one. A certain friend (a girl, who i was also deeply in love with) used to play it on a SNES that her brother used to have. So i downloaded it for my PC and we started playing it on an almost daily basis in split screen. I highly recommend it, it can lead to all sorts of things.. ;)

Been thinking about geting that mini-SNES.

I'm playing a mixture of things:
Mostly: Starcrawlers. Some things about it I don't like (maybe more on that another time), but overall, enjoying it quite a lot.
Just started: Wizards and Warriors (a replay with the GOG version).
About to give up on: Persona 4 Golden (on PS Vita). I've probably spent 30 hours on an off with it, and I'm not even half way. It has some addictive qualities (the Persona merging and upgrading mechanics are great), but also some bad qualities (grind grind grind, throw up in mouth during cringey dialogue, grind grind grind). I've seen enough, played enough to not feel guilty about spending money on it. Time to look for something else to play when mobile.

Spent the weekend playing mostly NWN2 - and I started over 2 more times ;)

Finally, I've settled on a Kukri wielding Rogue/Fighter/Invisible Blade and "maybe" I will add 1 level of Shadowdancer.

It will depend on how well Feint ends up working. So far, it's a bit shit :)

The strange thing? It doesn't even bother me to start over - because I love the character strategy stuff. I reached the end of Chapter 1 with my first Kukri build - until I realised I didn't like the ECL XP penalty of the Yuan-TI race and then I discovered the Invisible Blade prestige class ;)

Having much fun.

Also played a little more Destiny 2 - which has really gotten into its own. It's quickly becoming my favorite modern looter shooter. The new Hunter subclass is very cool. I also adore the Exotic weapon/armor stuff.

Then…. I read up on SWtOR - which I always come back to eventually for a little bit. I heard they'll be adding something "big and exciting" in 2019, so that's interesting.

I also really like the new concept of Command XP - where you can gain access to all gear doing pretty much what you want. That's how it should be, I think.

Lots of great games - not enough time, as usual :(

Hmm, I've played PoE, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Sacred 1 & 2, Titan Quest, and the two Torchlights, but I missed Hellgate London. May have to check that out. Still messing with Sacred 2 atm.

Couldn't find it on Steam or Gog. Guess it's in limbo.

It's hard to get in a legal fashion. You'll probably want to play the London 2038 version - or one of the mods, though you still need access to the install files.

I recommend playing it Online with London 2038 - even if you're going by yourself, or you'll be missing a lot of content that was only ever added to the multiplayer version.

Also, it's a bit of a slow burn. It seems a bit like shit until you get going and you start getting a feel for it.

Probably one of the weakest Diablo clones in terms of story, though - so be prepared to focus on killing stuff and loot heaven ;)

Still playing divinity sin 2 definitive edition; reached midway into act 2. Not noticing much new 'cept combat is a bit easier - at least in act 1. Also some of the items were definitely scaled down quite a bit - only level 12.

DAI - still blown away again by size and range of environments and associated things to do (waiting for Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 12th seems different in backwards countries.

Finding an amazing number of bugs in d:eek:s-2 act 2 (driftwood area). Don't remember any of them previous play - maybe this is the definitive bug version ?

The game is pretty much in a "reset" state since they've added and changed things, this will lead to bugs that will have to be fixed. But yeah, even fixing things can lead to other more serious bugs. It's really an endless cycle of fixing.. Give it 6 months :p

DAI - still blown away again by size and range of environments and associated things to do (waiting for Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 12th seems different in backwards countries.

So DA:I is pretty good then? I heard just leave the Hinterlands and explore after awhile and it's better. I might pick that up next since I've almost beaten FFXV.

DA:I is a mixed bag. I mean I liked the game for waht it was and the environment was pretty diverse and well done but i usually didn't feel a lot of gratification for exploration beyond the landscape itself. The main story was just ok but the character stories and intereactions (imho) was very well done. Take this with a grain of salt I enjoyed the first dragon age game but i didn't think it wsa the greatest game of all time either.

DA:I is a mixed bag. I mean I liked the game for waht it was and the environment was pretty diverse and well done but i usually didn't feel a lot of gratification for exploration beyond the landscape itself. The main story was just ok but the character stories and intereactions (imho) was very well done. Take this with a grain of salt I enjoyed the first dragon age game but i didn't think it wsa the greatest game of all time either.

Thanks. Not sure what I'll play next. Just finished FFXV and I'm wiped out at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom