Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - PC Version released

Love all of these games but the end of Kazum's story is lackluster. Probably one of those weirdo Japanese fetishes about tragic hero and struggle. K-Dramas are the same.

Last edited:
I cannot stress enough the difference between jdrama and kdrama.

When it comes to topic, jdrama has no taboo and is prepared to talk about anything and everything. Although some stuff are not allowed to be seen on screen, you get enough of hinted material to visualize yourself.

Kdrama on the other hand stays shy of disturbing topics or threads very carefully and leaves the actual spectacle for their movies. There are a few episodic products that are different from the general offer, but these are superrare and are made specifically for international audience (Netflix, YT). Most of the rest are romances, comedies and crime dramas that don't venture much into filth.

Because I've mentioned movies, it's a competition who'll show more sick stuff between the two countries. :evilgrin:
It's no secret that korean thrillers are probably the best worldwide thrillers pastHitchcock, seems that they all study suspense and twists in Korea and my god you can see some seriously disturbing stuff in those - which is positive in my book.
On the other hand, Japan has Takashi Miike and Sion Sono, two totally crazy filmmakers capable of such unique stuff no other country can even imagine of making.

Back to videogames - how many singleplayer RPGs Korea has? So far I saw - only one.
I have no idea what's lackluster in Yakuza6 but it's instabuy for me.

Yakuza is filling up my wish list!

I only just played through "Yakuza 0", it was the first Yakuza game I ever played. Well, apart from the "Resident Evil" series, the number of japanese game I have played are few indeed.

Still not sure whether I should commit myself to continuing with this series. Sure, I did like the game but the number of cutscenes I skipped past and the number of dialogues I skipped my way through, probably equals the same amount from all other games I have played in the last 10-15 years.:lol:

Then there was the grinding to get new skills...:-/ So....still feeling a little conflicted about buying more Yakuza titles.

I only just played through "Yakuza 0", it was the first Yakuza game I ever played. Well, apart from the "Resident Evil" series, the number of japanese game I have played are few indeed.

Resident Evil is one of my favorite series, but I couldn't stomach more than an hour of Yakuza 0, and I was told by multiple people that it was the best of the Yakuza games.

At least I can say I've tried it, but this series is definitely not for me.

Who told you that?
I said not once that you should not waste time on minigames as these were done better in Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2, not to mention controls horror in certain Y0 minigames.

TBH I cannot decide which of the three (0, K1 and K2) is the best. Sidestories are definetly the best in Y0, but Y1 IMO has the best main story while Y2 has the best minigames. On the other hand combatwise I prefer Y7 over older ones, not because it's turnbased but because it's skills/spells/summons are ridiculously fun.

As I still didn't play 3-6 I cannot say which one is the overall best.

Resident Evil? I don't want to touch that with a tadpole. It has nothing in common with Yakuza games. The only other game similar to Yakuza series is Sleeping Dogs.

Back
Top Bottom