Legends of Ellaria - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Legends of Ellaria has been released on Steam to a 20% discount.

It's full release day!

4eab26b59fe1ec3117732432c8e7819cf775d8cf.jpg

Good day ellarians! This is a very exciting day for all of us: after 3 years of hard work on Early Access (and not counting the Kickstarter campaign and the pre-production work before all of this), Legends of Ellaria moves to full release!

d0686a7693042fd3939b291a69bd29137caedc8c.jpg

We can't wait to hear about your first adventures on Ellaria, where your strategy, management and exploration skills will be continuously tested. What kind of king will you become? What awesome adventures will you live?

51ad18c66cb2709568a7220f41843f38e63d30df.jpg

To mark this special occasion, Larkon Studios is hosting a special broadcast to celebrate the release of the game here on Steam. We'll pay attention to your comments during the stream, as well as to our official Discord server, to make this event a bit more interactive. At the same time, some of our community members will be playing Legends of Ellaria on Twitch, so we'd love you to visit their channels, hear their experiences and share new game tips!
Bardon Plays
Goshen
Gamer 4fun2u
impossibrulis
murrayman01
381c6b4bf9c5ee8d235fe2c403dc7217d4f924a8.jpg

We wouldn't have made it this far without the support, help and feedback of our amazing community. In behalf of the development team, many thanks from the bottom of our hearts for choosing Ellaria as your new homeland. We hope you enjoy the game as much as we have enjoyed developing it. If you want to help us, please spread the word about Legends of Ellaria -- and don't forget to leave your review in the Store page, that helps a lot!

See you soon, Ellarians!
More information.

The one problem when you try to combine all these different genres into a single game, you can hurt sales. I know they were hoping to get fans of all these different genres but I hate real-time strategy games, so I won't even give this game a try. Wish them luck in trying something different.

Well off I go to play. As I love these type of games and I'm happy it's finally finished. Lets just say if you like Spellforce it's similar but a little different. So yeah not for everyone.

The one problem when you try to combine all these different genres into a single game, you can hurt sales. I know they were hoping to get fans of all these different genres but I hate real-time strategy games, so I won't even give this game a try. Wish them luck in trying something different.

I like RTS games, but I'm not a fan of when they try to mix the genres. The procedurally generated world is an a bigger turn-off for me though.

Well off I go to play. As I love these type of games and I'm happy it's finally finished. Lets just say if you like Spellforce it's similar but a little different. So yeah not for everyone.

I'm curious how you like it. The actual reviews of the released game (and not those made in early access right before release) make me very wary of trying this game.

It's what I suspected since the game took seven years to finish since it's kickstarter on a small budget. Seems many still have to lower their expectations of ambitious projects.

Link -https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281340200/civcraft-legends-of-ellariaa-sandbox-fpsrtsrpg-gam

Only raised $37,000.

It sounds like a game I'd skip at this point in my life. A few years ago I played a lot more games, and needed some average games to play in between the good ones.

Yeah, it's apparently still in pretty rough shape from a technical standpoint.
I had a horrible frame rate before, but the latest patches made it much better.
It still drops when I play for a relatively long time.
However, the loading times are the main issue for me(every time I enter a cave or a building, or change area).

It gives me some spellforce vibes at times, even though it is very different, and I had some fun with it (in a guilty pleasure way), because stomping opponents at the head of your army can be satisfying(a bit like when you solo maps in spellforce).
It lacks the companions and story of SF, though

I enjoyed a game like this back in the day called Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance. It was buggy and the tactical battles weren't all that great but it was enjoyable controlling armies and a party. Would love to see a game that does both those parts well.

I enjoyed a game like this back in the day called Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance. It was buggy and the tactical battles weren't all that great but it was enjoyable controlling armies and a party. Would love to see a game that does both those parts well.
I too love BR: the Gorgon alliance. There are a few games that give a similar vibe, but none feels like a successor:

Empire of Ember is a very good contender. It is only in early access, but the Dev is super reactive, and it nails the mage lord simulation.
It doesn't have birthright extended realm options when it comes to lieutenants and diplomacy, but the dungeons are much more enjoyable IMO.

Kingdoms is birthright without magic, but from a "crafter's" perspective(at the moment). You can kill stuff and all, but currently, you will also provide most of the "strategic buildings" and military equipment by yourself. It is a very ambitious game with a lot of potential.

Legends of ellaria does have a good BR vibe too, but I would say the "quest part" is much more important, while the kingdom part is much less Central than in BR.
As I said, it currently has a lot of technical issues.

Some hybrid games like age of wonders, fallen enchantress: legendary heroes, or deity empires can work too, but they are now focused on the empire side.

Last edited:
Some hybrid games like age of wonders, fallen enchantress: legendary heroes, or deputy empires can work too, but they are now focused on the empire side.
Not really hybrids that's a separate genre called 4X.

Final verdict don't play this game. The developer keeps pushing out hot-fixes and small patches almost every other 2-3 days. Just wait another six months or a year to play.:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom