Fable - Will Be Using ForzaTech Engine

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a job listing for the next generation Fable game in development which will be using the ForzaTech engine.

As the job listing reads:

"Do you want to have a major impact on 3 AAA titles in development across 2 beloved Xbox franchises? ForzaTech is the engine, tools, and pipelines that drive both the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon series of games. In addition to adding new features like raytracing to support the next console generation, we are also enriching the toolset to support an open world action RPG - Fable."
More information.

Not surprised as it's their own in-house engine and they know how to use it. Correction it's Microsoft's engine as they own the studio, but the original point still stands.

I'm eager to see what becomes of this project. Hopefully it's less comical. Anyway look on the bright side no Peter Molyneux this time promising the moon and under-delivering.

Cool. Can my sports car reflect good and evil based on my road rage? ;)

I used to really like these games, well, at least the first two. The third lost me and I've not checked one out since then. If the formula for this newest iteration is similar to the first two, I'll likely give it a whirl.

I think they meant they will be using the world building tech with the unreal engine...I'm not sure where I saw this.

They have three studios that wrote the history of RPGs under their hand but they gave the new Fable project to a studio that never did a game other than racing, with an engine primarily designed for racing. Now that's what I'm called logical decision making. :D

They have three studios that wrote the history of RPGs but they gave the new Fable project to a studio that never did a game other than racing, with an engine primarily designed for racing. Now that's what I'm called logical decision making. :D
It worked for the Frostbite engine and it was designed for FPS games so I don't see why not. Still yeah I don't understand why they made that decision either. Probably cheaper.

It worked for the Frostbite engine and it was designed for FPS games so I don't see why not. Still yeah I don't understand why they made that decision either. Probably cheaper.

If I understand it the studio wanted to branch out and they are a very good studio...so...time will tell I guess.

They have three studios that wrote the history of RPGs under their hand but they gave the new Fable project to a studio that never did a game other than racing, with an engine primarily designed for racing. Now that's what I'm called logical decision making. :D

I'm surprised they're going through with this at all. I seem to remember the last couple of Fable games not doing well. This feels like a failure waiting to happen.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least, JDR. What I heard from friends and read online was more than enough to keep me far away from the most recent spawns of this franchise. My expectations for this are well into the negatives.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least, JDR. What I heard from friends and read online was more than enough to keep me far away from the most recent spawns of this franchise. My expectations for this are well into the negatives.

Fable 1 and 2 were good....three not so much...what else was there?

Fable 1 and 2 were good....three not so much...what else was there?

Yeah, Fable III got panned pretty hard by users. After that, there was Fable: The Journey which was an Xbox Kinect game, and that got trashed even worse.

Yeah, Fable III got panned pretty hard by users. After that, there was Fable: The Journey which was an Xbox Kinect game, and that got trashed even worse.

I forgot about the kinect one...they also did the anniversary version for fable one which runs really good on the series x,

I forgot about the kinect one…they also did the anniversary version for fable one which runs really good on the series x,

I have Fable Anniversary, but according to Steam I've never played it. I don't even remember buying it tbh. I played through Fable: The Lost Chapters when it was released and thought it was ok. Anniversary is just the same game with improved visuals, right?

I actually think Fable III is better than the user-scores, but that was doomed by being a GFWL title. I remember I couldn't even get my Steam copy to run after Microsoft shut down the service.

Fable 1 was a passable RPG in its day, but Fable 3 is one of the worst RPG's I ever tried to play. Felt like it was targeted at 12 year olds.

Fable 1 was a passable RPG in its day, but Fable 3 is one of the worst RPG's I ever tried to play. Felt like it was targeted at 12 year olds.

Really? I didn't see a big difference other than some new mechanics and an updated setting. I even preferred the setting over the one in the original game. It felt less generic to me.

That Fable anniversary game was an absolute travesty. Seriously, even if you score that game for free, don't sully your computer with it.

That Fable anniversary game was an absolute travesty. Seriously, even if you score that game for free, don't sully your computer with it.

It actually runs better now on the series x....like flawlessly...

Nah he's right they couldn't even implement proper PC controls for the remaster.

Back
Top Bottom