What games are you playing now?

Yesterday I had tried 2 times to fight the two apes, something I initially swore off completely. And as I expected then, they pummeled into the ground. But then I noticed that I had forgot to dispel the demon bell, a mechanic which amplifies how tough enemies are across the board, but also increases drop rates. I had done some farming for resource materials to improve my prosthetic tools.

Anyways, today I wanted to give it another go, since it wasn't exactly a fair shot with the added difficulty of the demon bell. And absolutely shockingly I managed to kill them both on my second try. Absolutely astonishing. I was either the luckiest I've ever been, or they're indeed easier than the lone guardian ape.

And I think it's very much a little of both, since in the two ape fight you only fight the headless ape form of the guardian ape. And that's definitely easier than the normal form, where the ape is a whole lot more chaotic and random. But somehow, I managed to dodge attacks from the headless ape, just enough to do enough damage to his mate, and then I focused entirely on the headless one. And I frikkin did it. And of course, upon finishing ideas of impostor syndrome came to me, since I might have had a huge fluke in the fight. And I didn't want to not earn it fair and square. But nevermind those negative thoughts. Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth! :D

Ok, I hate this game again. :D

After clearing all headless enemies, which were a bit of challenge; Then clearing out the whole Ashina Castle again, after it was invaded, I've reached the decision point in the game where you either side with Kuro or betray him. Which is where I backed up my save files, as I'd like to try and finish all 4 endings on this one playthrough.

And for one of the endings I need to betray Kuro and that leads to two boss fights one after the other. I was initially worried about the second fight, but now that I'm here I can barely make any progress in the first fight. Emma is really wiping the floor with me. Most of the time I can't seem to time my deflects of her. And because of that I lose posture quickly and she breaks my guard. Besides that I always fail to jump away from either her sweep or her grab. And I think that might also be because she's so small in stature compared to most of the enemies, and I can't at a glance see what she's trying to do. I've tried the fight 5 times now and I've barely made any headway in defeating her.

These are the moments when I feel as if I've learned nothing so far in the game, and somehow managed to skate by. It's just shocking how bad my reactions are with Emma's fight. F-you Owl for making me fight your battles! XD

I'm replaying a bunch of strategy games right now.

• Ashes of the Singularity
  • Company of Heroes
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars & Kane's Wrath
  • Red Alert 3 & Uprising
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division 2
  • StarCraft 2
  • World in Conflict
  • Wargame: European Escalation
  • Wargame: AirLand Battle
  • Wargame: Red Dragon
Wish me luck as that's a heavy workload.:whew:

• Company of Heroes
  • Company of Heroes 2
Wish me luck as that's a heavy workload.:whew:

I was a fan of CoH1 many years ago but somehow, I never got into CoH2. It's in my steam library but I think it didn't run well on my older computer. I should try it again on my new one.

At the moment, I play to Total War warhammer 2 with the high elves. It's so much easier than my previous game at Warhammer 1 with Bretonnia.

I used to really like RTS games back in the day, but I can't seem to get into them anymore. I think Supreme Commander was the last one I put any significant time into. I got Ashes of the Singularity as part of a bundle awhile back and I don't think I've ever installed it.

I just started a new character in Outward. Not sure if I'm just messing around or if I'm gonna give it a serious go this time.

Ok, very near the end of Sekiro. I've maxed out almost everything that can be improved. And I have just 3 more bosses to fight. Just bosses, no other minion soldiers or mini-bosses. Just Owl, in the alternate Hirata memory. Then the Demon of Hatred, hopefully. And then the final fight. And I'll then be able to unlock all 3 endings.

I'm very nervous, but we'll see. I hope I won't lose too much hair.

Playing Wrath of the Righteous - digging in whole heartedly this time even if still Beta. Playing two characters as I couldn't make up my mind lol. So alternating till I decide which one .. or maybe I play them both through who knows.

Beyond that I continue to play my main games which I suspect I will keep playing till the next in the series comes out - Skyrim, Fallout 4, and SIMS 4.

Also re-started Pillars of Eternity but set it aside to focus on WotR.

Sweet jesus, I managed to kill Owl (Father) in Hirata.

The most infuriating fight. I only took him to his second stage 2 times. And died about 10+ times during his first phase. And I was without anymore healing potions for the last half of his last phase. And I pretty much was certain I shouldn't even bother anymore. Only had about 20% of my life and no more healing gords. But I found a divine grass in my inventory, which I popped for a full life. And man, did I make that divine grass work for me. I pretty much took him down only off that divine grass. I was shocked when I saw the final deathblow prompt.

After the fight I think I actually I had close to a nervous breakdown. Almost cried. During the first attempts thoughts of just quitting the game started going through my mind. Why am I doing this to myself? What am I trying to prove?

Anyway, two more to go. And I already have thoughts of just skipping the demon of hatred, seeing how difficult he is and optional to the end game.

Yesterdays. after a couple of turns of TW:Warhammer 2, I finally finished(I think!) the long prologue of Kingdome Come Deliverance.

It's a game that has long interested me but for some reasons had never really "hooked" me. First, it didn't run well on my old computer, second, the combat was a bit more complex than what I usually like. Yesterday, I decided to give it another try and... what a ride! The game is gritty, realist. The story is strong, emotional. The characters you meet are complex and you do have some difficult moral choices to make. It's not an easy game. Just lockpicking can be pretty tough, to begin with, until you really understand what you have to do.

Looking forwards to play it later tonight. I just finished my first combat training with Captain Bernard. I still need to train a lot more.

The Owlverlord ?

Oops, I think this was another game … ;)

Yeah, no, different game. This particular Owl is Sekiro's adoptive father. :D

Oh, and I just frikkin defeated the Demon of Hatred, using FightinCowboy's strategy. He's the dude who's guide I've been using so far. Figured I'd give him a shoutout for all the help he's provided. But even with his strategy it took about 15 or so tries. It just would never happened the way he would play it out. Oh, in the same guide for Sekiro he managed to no-death (no true death really) the whole game. How in the heck does someone get that good. How many hundreds of hours does it take? I'm almost 90h into the game, and am so far away from that kind of a performance, that I can't even imagine playing that well.

Also, besides small variations to his strategy I also had to completely change the final phase of the fight, since I would never have enough resources to pull off the strategy of disabling him with the Malcontent whistle. So I had to just take my time, and just do the same thing as I did in the previous phases. I was also lucky as hell as the demon, staggered and gave me a few extra seconds to wail on him. Otherwise, I'd probably need to deflect again, and in that tense situation I'd probably miss time it again.

Anyways, just one more boss fight. The final one. And it's a frikkin doozey. The only 4 phase fight in the whole game. God help me. :p

Ok, I've defeated Genichiro/Sword Saint Isshin after just a couple of tries. Seems I really went a bit overboard and farmed too much experience and then used the mask to upgrade my attack power. Without using the mask to upgrade attack power you usually fight this last fight at about attack power 13. I was 20. So yeah, it made things quite a bit easier.

But even so I managed to lose patience a lot. I think I'm just tired of this level of difficulty, and just wanted it to end. But now that I have, I'm a bit sad that I made it too easy on myself. I know, I can't be pleased either way. :p

Anyways I've started NG+ but I'm not sure if I'll continue. And apparently you can now use Kuro's Charm to increase the difficulty even further? Causing enemies to have more health, do more damage, and you also take damage when blocking and not deflecting. Meaning you need perfect deflects to not take damage from blocks. Holy shit. What sado-masochist thought of that? :D

So, all in all I've had a great time with the game. I absolutely loved the exploration and fighting the regular and mini-bosses. The full-blown bosses on the other hand are a mixed bag. Some I loved to fight. Others were a pain in the pass. But it was all due to how much patience and willingness I have to stick with it, and repeat until I get it right. I think it also came down to how fast I managed to learn their routines and timings. So it's all a patience game. You need to enjoy the process of repeating combat over and over. And it's not repetitive at all. It's actually a fantastic combat system. Most likely the best combat system I've seen in a game. But it's also punishing as hell. So you need to have a thick skin to endure and learn everything. But when you do that and it all finally just clicks into place, you feel like a god.

I'll also probably do a more thorough review in the finished game thread.

Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Got bored last night and decided to install and start a game. It's more similar to D:OS 1 than I was expecting, so I doubt I'll play for long. I'm kind of burned out on this setting and style right now.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to create my own character or go with an origin story. I eventually decided on Fane because he seems like the most interesting character to me.

Fane was the only thing I enjoyed about Original Sin the second. Sadly, it still wasn't enough to make it a decent game, at least not for me. May you have a better time with it!

Ok, it's been almost two years, I've threatened to do this time and time again, this time I'm serious....back to Pathfinder: Kingmaker with me!!! If I cannot figure out where I was when last I played, I'll bloody well start over! =p

Ok, it's been almost two years, I've threatened to do this time and time again, this time I'm serious….back to Pathfinder: Kingmaker with me!!! If I cannot figure out where I was when last I played, I'll bloody well start over! =p

i love that game! hope u enjoy! <3 :party:

AC: Odyssey
Nothing like fighting Medusa, first thing in the morning.

She shanked me pretty hard here, and I actually recovered and ended up finally killing her. Great boss battle !

Attachments

• Shankd.jpg
    Shankd.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 88
Yeah I started playing Pathfinder the week it launched, and just ran into too many issues at the time, it was driving me bonkers with all the updates and patches that were coming in. Now, with the enhanced turn-based combat system, it's a pure joy to play, I easily picked up right where I left off. This time no stopping until the world is fully explored!

I'm already done with Divinity: OS 2, at least for now. I explored some of the area around Fort Joy, but it wasn't grabbing me at all. I'm also not a fan of some of the changes they made.

Whoever thought adding the magical armor mechanic was a good idea should be banned from game design. It's a terrible mechanic that does nothing but artificially lengthen battles that would already be plenty long enough without it.

Back
Top Bottom