Picked up Mount & Blade Warband again. Something new to try in it?

Nathaniel3W

Lead Developer at Rockwell Studios
This time I tried playing a javelin-thrower. Javelins suck. The best thing I can say about them is that sometimes they can be useful. But compared to all the other weapons in the game, that's not high praise.

I'm playing as my own king this time. Conquering enemy cities has never been easier. I load up my 100+ guys, tell one of my better lords to follow me, and that's always enough to take over a city. The one thing that's annoying though is managing relations with my lords. If I give someone a village, that one lord's relation goes up 10, but everyone else's goes down by either 2 or 4. So if you have more than 4 lords in your kingdom, every fief you give away gives you a net relation loss. And sometimes my relation drops for no reason at all. The lord didn't get defeated in battle, he has fiefs to give him some income, I didn't declare war on anyone. Dude just decided he doesn't like me.

So I think I've tried everything in M&B:W now. Except I never got the hang of two-handed weapons. I always get torn apart by archers and I can never seem to block. So I always go sword and board. Is it worth trying to play with a two-handed weapon?

Any other new things I should try?

This may be a captain obvious kind of recommendation, but how about mods? :)

This may be a captain obvious kind of recommendation, but how about mods? :)
I like Prophecy of Pendor and Clash of Kings, but I haven't played either one in a long time. I think both have updated since the last time I played. Maybe I should give those another try. Do you have another you would recommend?

Since you already played Clash of Kings, I dont know whether you'd be interested to try another GoT mod ("A world of ice and fire").

Otherwise, I enjoyed "The Last Days" (lord of the rings mod), had some odd fun with the Star Wars Conquest mod (buggy, I think there is a fork from that project under a different name now... didn't try).

I also played New Dawn quite a bit, which is kind of an overhaul for native Warband.

Late game I always ended up just letting my relations go to hell and win through sheer cheese.

Are you not interested in the M&B Bannerlord?

Back
Top Bottom