.hack//G.U. trilogy - coming to PC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RockPaperShotgun reports that Bandai Namco is bringing to pc the .hack//G.U. trilogy of games. They were originally released on ps2 as single player action rpgs.

Bandai Namco say that these remasters boast "updated 1080p, 16:9 widescreen picture, and 60 fps frame rate, gameplay balance changes and additional features to be announced in the upcoming months." Expanding a little, they say Last Recode will have "enhanced battle balance and game pacing to provide an optimal experience as well as a new Cheat Mode allowing players who want to just enjoy the story to start the game with full stats."

I've not touched the transmedia world of .hack myself, so here's over to Bamco for the official word:

"[. . .] the world of .hack focuses on the mysterious events surrounding a wildly popular in-universe massively multiplayer role-playing game called The World. .hack//G.U. begins after the events of the original .hack series with players assuming the role of Haseo as he tracks down a powerful Player Killer named Tri-Edge who killed his friend's in-game avatar Shino, and put her in a coma in real life.

I'm a big fan of ‘if you die in the game, you die in real life' premises but I suppose I could settle for comas.
More information.

From comments there:
The game is very heavy on grinding.

Any port of RPG is a good news, but I'll have to skip this one. Sorry.

Last edited:
Sorry Joxer, I have to disagree. This was a very fun game which I still have the first copy in a drawer somewhere. I was able to advance without a lot of grinding. It did give you that feeling of being in an MMO, which I know turns you off just for general purposes.
I didn't play the other games so looking forward to adding to my Steam backlog....er....finishing the trilogy

I played the first one back in the day. It wasn't bad, but I was never thrilled to play the rest of the series, either. Good port for JRPG fans, I suppose.

The first thing I do before I play a JRPG (and I love JRPGs) is "is grinding mandatory in <game>?", because for some reason many people think grinding in JRPGs is like a staple, like synonymous, while in my case I love JRPGs but I hate grinding with a passion.

Back
Top Bottom