Might & Magic 8 on gog.com 6 $

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Well, title says everything. Go and grab one. :)

That was quick… M&M VII released less than 2 weeks ago, and now M&M VIII. I guess IX will follow.

It's nice to be able to play these games in Windows 7.

Wow that was quick I've only just started mm7...

I'm about 40 hours into mm7....will try mm8 again when I'm done.

Hmm. I wasn't thrilled with MM8, but I might pick it up. It's been a long while, and I lost my disks somewhere along the way, so maybe I'll be surprised by it. I just picked up Planescape and ToEE off of GoG though, so it'll have to wait... until next week. :D

I have 1-7... might as well buy 8, even though I haven't played any of them, lol.

I have 1-7… might as well buy 8, even though I haven't played any of them, lol.

Same here. I've played parts of III, IV, VI & VII, but I've never finished one. M&M is the one series I really regret not playing when those games were new.

I have the Platinum Collection, but I'll still buy them from GOG just for the Windows 7 compatibility.

Hmm. I wasn't thrilled with MM8, but I might pick it up.

I played M&M 6 & 7 to the end. But I never got past the first major town in M&M 8. I can't remember why exactly, perhaps I was just worn out by the formula by then. Anyway, I do plan to get M&M 8 on GoG and play it to completion.

I completed 3 4 and 5....I think 4 and 5 went together for world of xeen? I'm trying to beat 7 now....

I played M&M 6 & 7 to the end. But I never got past the first major town in M&M 8. I can't remember why exactly, perhaps I was just worn out by the formula by then. Anyway, I do plan to get M&M 8 on GoG and play it to completion.

Same thing here, except I think it was the drastic departure from the classic formula that made me dislike it. It simply rubbed me the wrong way straight out of the gate.

I do wish they'd somehow pickup Wiz8 on GoG. I'd like a version that didn't require swapping a half-dozen discs. :p It's that long install coupled with not being certain it even works in Win7 at all that keeps me from reinstalling that.

MM8 may not be as good as 6 or 7, but it's still an excellent game in my opinion.

It is an OK game but too easy and short in my opinion. Especially if you have dragons in your party. I still finished it twice but it is my second least favourite after part nine of course.

Same here. I've played parts of III, IV, VI & VII, but I've never finished one. M&M is the one series I really regret not playing when those games were new.

Yeah, not sure why I did either. I was playing all the IE games and such in the late 90s but M&M6-9 just flew under my radar somehow.

I've played all of them multiple times, but maybe I just need to buy the GOG rpg catalogue. It'd be nice to have all the old crpgs in one place. With the size of drives nowadays, it's not like I'd run out of room. I wonder if they have a deal if you buy their whole crpg library. Anybody know? I'll look tonight when I get home, if I remember...

MM8 was a decent game, but suffered from a few problems. At the time it came out, it was panned for "more of the same" and totally hammered for dated graphics (MM7 was slammed over the dated graphics a couple years earlier and MM8 used the same engine). The balancing was screwed up on the dragon class making them hugely overpowered. Finally, I hatedhatedhated the recruited party concept. One of the charms of the MM series was taking a level 1 loser party and growing them into world beaters. You simply don't get that attachment swapping out party members every few hours.

I've played all of them multiple times, but maybe I just need to buy the GOG rpg catalogue. It'd be nice to have all the old crpgs in one place. With the size of drives nowadays, it's not like I'd run out of room. I wonder if they have a deal if you buy their whole crpg library. Anybody know? I'll look tonight when I get home, if I remember…

They run sales every weekend and they're usually on a series or similar games, but they don't have everyday bundle deals.

Since I haven't touched MM7 yet from GoG, and like JDR have MM1-6 as platinum collection and also from GoG, maybe I'll wait for a sale on this one ... or some time!

Back
Top Bottom