Skyrim I want my elf to look Human!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Okay, I love the traits and such of the high elf, but I'd rather look human. Does anyone know of a mod/console cheat that will allow this? I want to look Breton with the traits of Altmer, basically :)

I guess I could create a Breton character and take away the power Dragonskin and add the power Highborn and then bump Magicka 50 points and that'd do the trick. What do you all think? (Well, besides the fact that I'm nutty...).

Ooh! Good idea, Bill. I found this guy named Kevorkian. I wonder if he's any good...

Yep, stats is all I care about for my dude. I always wear a helm or mask, so my mug is hidden nearly the whole game. I'll just console myself with a Altmer/Breton hybrid.

I, for one, love the look of elves in Skyrim. At last they're something different from just tallish pretty humans, what they so often are pictured like. I've always prefered the angular, "inhuman" look of elves in (fantasy) Warhammer universe and these Skyrim elves are quite close to that. Accept the more manly look of angular elves and just say no to that sissy pretty boy look! ;)

Don't know of any mod for that. I feel the same way with the khajitt. Nice stats but I don't want to be a cat person.

I'm not too fond of the elves either, it's not just that they have angular features, but rather ones that are a bit *too* alien, à la "escaped from Area 51" or some of Mulder undocumented X-Files.

They are damn ugly, as are most of the preset faces. Oh well... It's not all about pretty faces, and I don't have the time or desire to futz with 100 sliders to create a pretty face.

Obviously some of you don't like choices and consequences…

…if you choose the traits of an elf, the consequence is that you also look like an elf.

It's not about choices and consequences, tastes merely, as Skyrim elves don't really look like elves, but more like hybrid of humanoid bugs and aliens (with pointed ears).

I actually appreciate Bethesda's different spin on elves. Its nice trying to differentiate a bit from the established norm, so long as it does not feel contrived, and I believe they have established the lore and feel of their races pretty well (especially the Dunmer in Morrowind i.e.).

Skyrim elves don't really look like elves
You're right, plus they don't sit on mushrooms playing flute! :)
- Seriously though, I'm really glad they cited on their Morrowind character design as I found it very compelling (as compared to the baroque NPCs of the older games).
Personally, I'm with bkrueger on the c&c train. In my first playthrough I wanted to play a sneaksy archery type of character, so I played a female Bosmer. I'm not too fond of her looks myself even after pulling at every lever, but so there, I'm not too fond of my own looks, either, and I still have a lot of fun ^^.
In my second game, I created a character for looks alone, a tribal-looking Breton who - at now level 21 - is still running around in his fur undies. Fights are harder that way? Yeah, but so what? I wanted the looks, I got them, now my Breton's got to live with the consequences. I found out his best skill is conjuring? Okay, then let him conjure things if it's that what he's fond of.

It's the reason why I never installed look-'enhancing' mods in the other Elder Scrolls games ... at least not for good. While I was really enrapured by Rhedd's heads for Morrowind, I uninstalled the mod after playing with it for a short while, because the feeling of the game had become very different. The same for a mod that added more foliage to Oblivion. I want to experience my games the way they started out, i.e. vanilla.

I like the design of the races in Skyrim. I do think the Dunmer are a bit too old and rough looking on average, but it's good to see all of these different groups being more than just humans with funny ears.

I like the design of the races in Skyrim. I do think the Dunmer are a bit too old and rough looking on average, but it's good to see all of these different groups being more than just humans with funny ears.

I completely agree - it's great that we can finally differentiate between the different races by their facial features.

it was impossible to make my Dunmer look pleasant, so I made her even uglier and it all ended up working out in the end!

Yep, I named my Dunmer-Pukeface. He was butt ugly.

Back
Top Bottom