Tales of Terrene - A Steampunk Adventure RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Tales of Terrene is a new kickstarter being developed by Kortex Studios. It's described as a steampunk themed adventure RPG game. So do the usual spread the word, or just go meh and move on.
Tales of Terrene follows the main character and their struggle to adapt and survive in an ever evolving world filled with enemies. The story is set in the steampunk themed world of Terrene. The main character is a renegade airship captain who has had his vessel stolen, along with something of great worth on board. He must fight and transverse his way across Terrene and beyond battling enemies and other various renegade Captains to require his ship and the precious treasure that everyone seems to pitted on taking.

Tales of Terrene utilizes the Unity engine and Dolby inspired 7.1 sound channels. Working in conjunction with Dolby we plan to implement their sound technology to bring you a great game that really comes to life in surround sound! The Development team is working around the clock to create a game that is compelling and challenging, insuring a great experience for all gamers. We plan to include features like…

• Talent Tree
  • Currency System
  • Interactive NPC and Shops
  • Experience Leveling System
  • Compelling Lore & Quest Line
  • And Much More!
If you'd like to see Tales of Terrene come into fruition please take the time to get information from our website and Kickstarter and donate. All donations of any amount are generously appreciated!
Thanks goto rjshae for finding the game.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

It strikes me as odd that character creation is a stretch goal (and not even the first). I understand that it might be time/resource consuming, but I really don't find RPG's complete without it.

Hm. Looks like it's going to be a top down, walk around and mash buttons until things die in real time kind of game. Eh. Diablo and games like it have always been pretty boring to me.

One of the best modular map design and Art Direction I have seen with Unity! Nice particle effects too. Obviously the team is at intermediate to advanced level in graphics.

$10,000 : is enough for a small game. Probably low amount intended to bring in a lot more.

Possibly won't make it only on their second KS campaign. Hopefully the GFX team will stay together, because they have talent. Too bad I could find nothing Steampunk related having reached funding on KS.

Did I miss something? He spent the entire video talking about the theme and factions and never said anything about the gameplay.

Is it real-time? Turn-based? Do you control a single character or a party? Imo, those are things that should be mentioned in the introductory pitch.

Did I miss something? He spent the entire video talking about the theme and factions and never said anything about the gameplay.

Is it real-time? Turn-based? Do you control a single character or a party? Imo, those are things that should be mentioned in the introductory pitch.

I felt the same way, not really sure what the game is.

I thought maybe I just need to dig deeper it must be explained somewhere but the video didn't really inspire me to put forth any effort.

so someone dinked around with Unity. So can I. Big deal.

Hopefully they'll give some concept art or show their animation skills in a future update. Right now the presentation feels incomplete.

It looped as well while he was talking, so we are watching the entire thing over and over...

I'd want to know more about the game before I considered backing.

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom