Shadowrun: Hong Kong - New Shadowrun Wiki

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In Kickstarter update #34 Harebrained Schemes LLC unveil the new Shadowrun Wiki:
A Peek Behind the Curtain at the New Shadowrun Wiki

Greetings Shadowrunners! My name is Aidan. I’m an intern from the Academy of Interactive Entertainment and I’ve been working on a special project for HBS for the last 6 months.

In a continued effort to support User-Generated Content (UGC) and the Shadowrun Community, we’ve been working in partnership with Gamepedia to bring you the new Official Shadowrun Wiki which includes information about all three Shadowrun games.

What’s in the New Wiki?
For each of the games, you’ll see a Game Content section that includes quite a bit of data covering our previous titles, Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut. Most importantly, though, you’ll find expanded content covering the Shadowrun Level Editor. We’ve reorganized and transferred the information about the editor and its capabilities from the original wiki to the new wiki, including a load of raw documentation, tables of data, and tutorials created by studio members and by you, the Shadowrun community. We then added to it, covering all the new editor features the team created for Hong Kong. (Well, almost all, because once again - spoilers!)

Why a New Wiki?
First and foremost, we want to make it easier to find and share information about using the editor so more people can create Shadowrun stories. The new wiki and host allow for a streamlined editing experience and is built on the MediaWiki format which is easily recognizable - it’s the format that Wikipedia runs on. This format also has built-in support for templating and HTML/CSS which can save quite a bit of time when creating many pages with similar content (e.g. Descriptions of all that sweet gear available to your crew). Never touched a wiki before? The basic markdown is easy to pick up and will have you editing pages in no time.

What about the old wiki?
The old wiki will still be available for some time until post launch. We’d like to make the transition as smooth as possible so a notification will be added to the main page directing community members to the new wiki.

Your Turn to Jump In!
While Tagaziel (our man at Gamepedia) and I have been slaving away at the wiki, we are but two men. There's still plenty to work on and with the imminent release of Hong Kong, even more to add! So if you have some knowledge that’s not on the wiki, you’ve found something missing from the old one, or you’ve created some UGC that you want to share, take a shot at creating the appropriate page! Need some help? Hop onto the Community Portal and ask around.

On a final note - I’d like to thank all our community members who have contributed to the Shadowrun Wiki in the past. A lot of you can be seen on the forums pretty regularly helping out newbies to the editor as well and it doesn’t get much better than that. With that it’s back to the wiki for me.

- Aidan

And a quick SR:HK development update!
We’re in the home stretch of development and on-track for release! Stay tuned for more screenshots and a release date announcement next week. I have to say, it’s been amazing watching our art team grow and build off their visual successes in each new Shadowrun game. In addition to a great story and some very exciting game play & feature set improvements, Hong Kong is without a doubt our best-looking Shadowrun yet! I can’t wait for all of you to play it.

- Mitch

More information.

Back
Top Bottom