Any Grimoire news?

Great to hear from you Cleve, especially since all the posts seem to have disappeared from your forums. I remember the firebugs in the water well!! :) Will the latest version work with Win 7? I hope so, my old beta won't work with it or Vista. It will need 64 bit compatibility also I'd suggest.

I had some problems playing on another 64 bit machine as well, although I played for quite a while. I am going to try to figure out what is causing this during the next couple months and fix it, obviously. There is no reason the game should not run in 32 bit compatibility mode on Vista, since all the API calls to Windows are plain vanilla that ran on Windows 98.

I am only running two threads and a COM process in the game, it is possible the threads are a bit loose and free with shared memory and it doesn't show up until you're running in Vista. An easy way to fix this will be to apply more conservative locking. It won't make any difference to speed but may otherwise fix this problem.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
I tried it on Vista 32, and the game ran for about 5 mins, then up came a Windoze error message that the game had to close which it did. Obviously the game tried to call for something which wasn't there in Vista.

It's looking good, so reminiscent of Wizardry 7. Eagerly awaiting this title, good or bad...am I being too hopeful?

It's looking good, so reminiscent of Wizardry 7. Eagerly awaiting this title, good or bad…am I being too hopeful?
Not at all. If all goes well Cleve will be done before 2012. There is no question of the quality of this game.

I will start the gamma test in January. That may run a minimum of three months ...

... or six or 12, and then we should be ready for delta testing, and then it will just be a few more walkthroughs and the update to windows 9 and 128bit compatibility testing. It looks better then ever!

Back
Top Bottom