The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Last edited:
Last edited:
The first link was "Stillborn" by Black Label Society.

Regarding the next two, don't you get anything by searching for Portsmouth Sinfonia on youtube?

Pibbur who thinks everything by them is great, but not for the usual (musical) reasons.

I think this may also be a plot by North Korea, to demoralise the enemy.

Ditto. I also use her music on infinite loops when working, and at one point I no longer hear it. It just acts as a sound shield against the background noise that you usually find in open-space offices. But, yeah, they're addictive.

Yes I had the "distinct" pleasure of being to able to listen to those Portsmouth Sinfonia selections. :)
I think I have written about them before. It was a serious music projeKct. They wanted to create an orchestra with members who either didn't play an instrument or had to play an instrument they were not familiar with.

I'm not entirely sure what they wanted to achieve, but you can of course read about it on Wikipedia. AFAIK the comedy aspect was not intended (initially?), but from hindsight definitely unavoidable.

One of the members was, btw, Brian Eno, and the orchestra actually features on one of his solo albums.
Ah, and here is a link that hasn't been censored.

"Stillborn" by Black Label Society

It's one of the better BLS songs IMNSHO.

pibbur whose misspelling of "project" is intentional, but not at all related to the content of what he wrote.

Heard something new on the radio yesterday and it's growing on me very quickly. Sammy should take special notice!

"Shatter Me" by Lindsey Stirling

Thrasher:

Lost In The Dream by The War on Drugs is one of my all time favorite records. Simply amazing pretty much from beginning to end. The last song, In Reverse, is one of the best I've ever heard in my 47 years and you can hear a lot of Fleetwood Mac in the drums and rhythm. It builds to about the most clever ending I think I've ever heard in a song. Eyes to the Wind on the same album is my second favorite from that album but they're all good, IMO.

Alright! I need to buy it. It was on my wishlist to no avail.

I'll check it out on yt in the meantime.

For those who dismiss NPR, this is where I discovered it. :)

EDIT: This deserves to be played VERY loud. There's a lot of dynamic range (like a Floyd album), which I love.

Also, a blast from the past, that reawakens memories for me:

Moody Blues: The Voice

There's something about the the driving rhythm and lyrics that's very uplifting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom