Antharion - Release Day: July 15

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Antharion will be released tomorrow:
Antharion is an epic old-school fantasy RPG that combines tactical turn-based combat with the freedom of a huge living-breathing open world. You'll create and customize a party of four: choosing from seven races, nine classes and fifteen skills, before setting out to explore the fully interactive continent of Antharion. Explore dungeons, get thrown in jail, discover hidden passageways, burglarize homes, read books, create potions, become and infamous pickpocket, embark on a journey at sea and discover uncharted islands or persuade NPCs to do your bidding. In Antharion no play style is off limits.

Features
  • Create and fully customize a party of four, choosing from 7 races, 9 classes and 15 skills.
  • Journey through five huge provinces, each with its own environment, history and culture.
  • Experience an open-ended epic storyline where you determine what happens.
  • Turn-based tactical combat makes dungeon crawling endlessly satisfying.
  • Explore a huge living-breathing and fully interactive open world.
  • Make choices that matter and affect the world around you.
  • Enjoy total freedom to play however you want.
Gameplay video by tr1ppa:

More information.

Why are all my Kickstarter releasing at a few weeks from each others…:plotting:

Sounds wonderful. I will have to find some time to play it soon-ish. :nod:

Looking foward to giving it a play when it comes out :0)

Wish they would release on GOG. I thought all the new KS games had DRM free versions.

Will it be as good as Knights of the Chalice? If it is close then I will be very happy that I donated to their kickstarter.

The only problem is that it might be a generic, forgettable and amateurish Avernum clone.

It's obvious from what they've shown that it's not an Avernum clone.

It seems fairly unique in its own way, but if I had to compare it to something based on what I've seen so far, I'd say it looks like a more modern version of the early Ultima titles.

Yeah, kinda like a Ultima 6.5 would be about right from what I've seen too. If it 1/2 as good, we're all in for a treat.

Wish they would release on GOG. I thought all the new KS games had DRM free versions.

Antharion is DRM free. You can buy it on their website and Humble Store, too.

Trailer:

Pitch:
Ever wonder what the frankenbaby of Baldur’s Gate, The Elder Scrolls, Ultima VII and Pool of Radiance might look like? Wonder no more because on 7/15/15 Orphic Software will give birth to a new kind of old-school RPG: AntharioN!

Well, Avernum is an extremely high target to reach.

From what I can tell for now is that Anthation is somewhere in the middle between the Eschalon Series and Avernum.

It has much more story and quests than eschalon, but not the mass of quests as Avernum.
It has a completely free and open world, which feels like the world of Eschalon, but has no borders or zones (except for dungeons).
It has a very simple Character system, which looks more like Eschalon than Avernum, no talent tree whatsoever.
You have food, but you only need it to rest and to fast travel. So more useful than in Avernum, but less mandatory (dependent on settings) as in Eschalon.

Very high hopes for this and very much doubting it will be similar to stuff out from Spiderweb.

Yeah one more game to download and play!

Now, if I can only finish the ones I already started...

Back
Top Bottom