System Shock - Alpha Demo Gamplay

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
SplatterCatGaming checked out the alpha demo of the System Shock Remake:

System Shock REMAKE (Alpha Demo) - RPG Infused Sci Fi FPS

System Shock Remaster Gameplay with Splat! Let's Play System Shock Remaster and check out the demo for the System Shock Remastered Alpha where you'll showdown against SHODAN one more time.
More information.

Looks actually good.
Reboots are a nonsense and remasters greedy, but true remakes like this one (or the two last Resident Evil) I would like to see it happen for more old games.

Maybe, I am being mean, or maybe it is the youtube compression, but I was thinking I saw the high-res version of the original at first....

Maybe, I am being mean, or maybe it is the youtube compression, but I was thinking I saw the high-res version of the original at first….
You might have but I remember a few updates mentioning changes.

So the graphics have probably been downgraded.:(

Also I remember they switched engines from Unity to Unreal.
During the 2017 Game Developers Conference, Night Dive Studios announced they would move development from Unity to Unreal Engine 4, with director Jason Fader said "Unity is not a great engine to use if you want to make an FPS on console". Fader cited issues related to a combination of fidelity, cross-platform support, content pipelines and performance issues as the reason for the switch.
Edit: It might also be compression problems with the YouTube video.

Last edited:
Maybe, I am being mean, or maybe it is the youtube compression, but I was thinking I saw the high-res version of the original at first….
I'm playing the demo right now.
It's not the youtube compression (and you're not mean a priori :p), textures have been intentionally re-pixelated to make the game look more like the original.
With the modern(-ish) shaders and shadows it creates a pretty cool effect, but I'm not sure everybody will like it. Gives an "indy" vibe…

The demo runs like ass, though. I'm done with it.

I'm playing the demo right now.
It's not the youtube compression (and you're not mean a priori :p), textures have been intentionally re-pixelated to make the game look more like the original.
With the modern(-ish) shaders and shadows it creates a pretty cool effect, but I'm not sure everybody will like it. Gives an "indy" vibe…

The demo runs like ass, though. I'm done with it.
Damn I was hoping that wasn't the case.:mad:

My performance issues centre around doors opening and closing, bit of a slideshow unfortunately. Definitely better than the pre-alpha though, that was painful.

A step in the right direction though, excuse the pun.

Just tried it. I like the changes they've made since the last demo. i.e. Additional animations, steam/fog effects, etc. They're subtle but effective. The music and ambient sound are excellent.

Looks and runs great on my rig. i7-4790K, GTX 1080

My only complaint is that some of the lights seem overly bright to me.

Maybe It's time for me to update my PC.
I would have though Cyberpunk would have made me realize that, but no, it's the System Shock remake :lol:

Shit though. More money down the drain…

I played the demo last night, didnt run very well on my pc, maybe it was because obs software, anyways the videos i saw on youtube were on gpus like RTX 2080, mine is a 1060 with 3 Gb...

Well, I'm already sad for my GTX 1070Ti Mini :p
Who would've thought....

Well, I'm already sad for my GTX 1070Ti Mini :p
Who would've thought….
You don´t have to! :) It´s a great card, and almost all the games runs well in my system... i think that these kind of alpha buids are not very well optimized.

I have never played the original, and the graphics are now too outdated for me.

So this looks very interesting. It's basically the same game as the original? Interesting that they intentionally made pixelated textures. I would have preferred larger textures, but otherwise it looks graphically immersive.

You don´t have to! :) It´s a great card, and almost all the games runs well in my system… i think that these kind of alpha buids are not very well optimized.

Let's hope so :)

My performance issues centre around doors opening and closing, bit of a slideshow unfortunately. Definitely better than the pre-alpha though, that was painful.

A step in the right direction though, excuse the pun.
Yeah, I retry the demo and you're right, fps is dropping drastically when opening or closing doors.
Weird.

Back
Top Bottom