C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Who would fine the store and how would they find out?
Bar codes, lost inventory check, shipping labels, and cameras.

One example would be your store gets boxes of toys and they shouldn't be sold till next month but a team reset the merchandise early, ignoring the warning label. So the toys then gets sold and the system flags your store.

You get a call from a state agency and get fined. It can get expansive and the store/company can lose it's license to sell said products in the future.

TLDR: The companies inventory system reports it to the FTC and the original seller.

Edit: We also had a loss prevention team whose job is to watch said inventory and scan the amount on site, and compare what has been shipped/sold. They worked overnight.

I still remember when an employee tried to steal XBOX 360's.

Last edited:
Ab, ok... so it's only when it gets sold. When an employee opens the box and... erm... borrows a unit, noone would find out I guess.

Ab, ok… so it's only when it gets sold. When an employee opens the box and… erm… borrows a unit, noone would find out I guess.
Well every box with the physical games have labels not to open till a certain date. I already said the company has a team that checks the boxes and scans the inventory.

No they don't catch everyone but you'd be surprised how many do get caught. Yeah most offenses are from workers selling the games to early. Instant fine for the store.

Loss prevention departments in retail are mostly about catching internal theft, because that's where most theft comes from. It's far from magically impossible to catch people who steal from a company.

Yeah the leak was from an amazon warehouse apparently. I don't know how they will find the employee but those idiots streamed the copy. So you can get their info.

Only depends how far a company wants to prosecute the case. Usually it's not worth it.

Cyberpunk 2077: The Story So Far

Cyberpunk 2077 may be the first video game adaptation, but there's nearly 100 years of in-game Cyberpunk lore to dig into before even setting foot in CD Projekt Red's take on the dark future.

Noticed in the PS4/5 footage that they plan to do a graphics upgrade in about a year to support the new consoles. Seems likely that the PC version will get a boost then, too. Did we already know that and I just missed it?

Cyberpunk 2077 will be "slightly shorter" than The Witcher 3 because players complained The Witcher 3 was "too long" - EuroGamer

Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red has revealed Cyberpunk's main campaign will be shorter than that of The Witcher 3 because the studio "got a lot of complaints" about the length of Geralt's story.

In an interview after the last Night City Wire stream, senior quest designer Patrick K Mills acknowledged the team was mindful that as "tremendous amounts of people […] never made it to the [end of The Witcher 3]", it decided to make Cyberpunk 2077 "slightly shorter".

"We do know that the main story run in Cyberpunk 2077 is slightly shorter than The Witcher 3," Mills said (thanks, ResetEra). "We got a lot of complaints about The Witcher 3's main story just being too long. And looking at the metrics, you see tremendous amounts of people played through that game really far, but never made it to the end.

"We want you to see the whole story. So, we did shorten the main story, but we have lots to do. And in terms of a completionist campaign, I just don't have that number," Mills added.
No new info but thought I'd share it.

Last edited:
Noticed in the PS4/5 footage that they plan to do a graphics upgrade in about a year to support the new consoles. Seems likely that the PC version will get a boost then, too. Did we already know that and I just missed it?

Post release PS5 and Xbox Series X specific upgrades were announced long ago, though mentioning any changes for the PC version is news to me.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be "slightly shorter" than The Witcher 3 because players complained The Witcher 3 was "too long" - EuroGamer

No new info but thought I'd share it.

You posted this just to get a rise out of me, admit it. ;) Seriously, though, the number of people (starting with this very headline) who took "shorter main story" and immediately turned that into "smaller game" is staggering.

Last edited:
I don't know did I? Personally I had no problem with the length of Witcher 3 and played it about six times. Anyhow this time we have there origins to play in one big city.

Each one should have at least 30+ each and that's not counting future DLC expansions.

Which brings me to the next question why haven't we seen a DLC roadmap? I remember they announced on Twitter they would mention it on the Nightwire but didn't.

Seriously some info on that topic please CDPR? All I know right now is we'll get free DLC again with a few large expansions like Witcher III. That's about it at this point.

Seriously some info on that topic please CDPR? All I know right now is we'll get free DLC again with a few large expansions like Witcher III. That's about it at this point.

…and don't forget the MMO ;)

which can be fun if they'll make it right, btw.

…and don't forget the MMO ;)

which can be fun if they'll make it right, btw.

They haven't revealed much about the multiplayer aspect yet, so I'm not sure if it's going to be MMO. I expect something more like GTA V Online where the player limit is well below what we'd usually consider an MMO.

They haven't revealed much about the multiplayer aspect yet, so I'm not sure if it's going to be MMO. I expect something more like GTA V Online where the player limit is well below what we'd usually consider an MMO.

And I thought that people considered every >1 player game an MMO on this site, no?

And I thought that people considered every >1 player game an MMO on this site, no?
Nice try but I call those SP online server based games. Not MMOs but I still hate them. Now may I direct you to Joxer. He calls those and any co-op game an MMO.

Nice try but I call those SP online server based games. Not MMOs but I still hate them. Now may I direct you to Joxer. He calls those and any co-op game an MMO.

So an SPOSBRPG? An attractive sounding genre you just made up there...

Yeah I'm the one that hates any game a developer calls SP but makes you log-on to their servers just to play. I'm old school were SP means one player offline. As it should be.

Now excuse me I'm going to copyright that new Genre.:biggrin:

$700+ CPU needed to play Cyberpunk 2077 at it's Best - PCGamer
2019: On stage in front of a rapturous audience, Keanu Reeves announced that Cyberpunk 2077 was coming on April 16, 2020. The most anticipated PC game of the decade finally had a release date. Its first, but not its last time �this year Cyberpunk has been delayed to September 17, then November 19, and finally just a few more weeks to December, which is nearly here. And as painful as those delays were, they also set up an exciting and rare opportunity: the biggest game of the year was going to come out just weeks after the launch of powerful new graphics cards that could truly do it justice. 4K! Ray tracing! This would, surely, be a Crysis moment for a new era of PC gaming.

Too bad those new graphics cards are impossible to buy.
CDPR assures investors that Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing December 10 - PCGamer
CD Projekt released its third quarter consolidated financial results today, and there are two main points to take note of. One, The Witcher is still killing it: The company earned $28 million in revenues on the quarter, "mostly generated by sales of games from The Witcher universe," CFO Piotr Nielubowicz said. And two (and more important), Cyberpunk 2077 is still scheduled to arrive on December 10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom