Yellow Brick Games - New Studio from Dragon Age Director

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
IGN reports that Mike Laidlaw of Bioware fame and other industry veterans have formed a new studio called Yellow Brick Games.

Mike Laidlaw, the former creative director of Dragon Age, has established a new development studio alongside other industry veterans. Called Yellow Brick Games, the independent studio is located in Quebec City and aims to create "original, new games of high quality".

Laidlaw is joined by Thomas Giroux, Jeff Skalski, and Frédéric St-Laurent B., meaning the studio is comprised of EA, BioWare, and Ubisoft veterans, with a body of work covering Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed.

Laidlaw takes on the role of Chief Creative Officer, while Skalski acts as Chief Operating Officer, and Giroux as Chief Executive Officer. Frédéric St-Laurent B., meanwhile, will take on the position of Game Director for the studio's first project. St-Laurent B. was previously Lead Game Designer for Assassin's Creed: Syndicate at Ubisoft Quebec.

[...]
More information.

No that was David Silverman. He was a brand manager, not a designer or producer. He was a marketing guy hired to sell units. Instead he got fired after DA2 was released.

There isn't too much impressive with these guys with regards my interests but I wish them all the best, maybe they'll produce something cool after being part of the triple A machine for so long.
I remember an interview or two where game developers tend to amass a bunch of game ideas - way too many than they could make in a lifetime. Its break off groups like this where I hope some of those ideas can come to fruition.

"...a body of work covering Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed."

All four of those franchises have some of the best games of all time so hopefully this new studio will create something good.

Yep sounds like a good pedigree for a new studio. Hopefully we get a new game announcement soon. So fingers crossed both studios can deliver on their promises.

I won't get excited until an actual game is announced. Their names alone don't make a game. They need to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom